Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
re: Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

I'd be shocked if Taker didn't appear on the show...as for Goldberg, I don't know that it would make sense, unless they can get him to do some other things. not sure they would bring him in for just that one pop, but if they do I could see Heath Slater in the ring and the music hits, and out comes Gillberg, Slater easily beats him and as he celebrates the music hits again and out comes Goldberg, spear, jackhammer (or whatever that move was called) crowd goes bananas...

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Wouldn't mind a Goldberg segment, but I don't think Goldberg would be down for a one off segment that looks like Jobbercentral (soz DDP).

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score

I dont see goldberg coming since he's been whining about WWE for a long time and second thing there are already dozens of past legends have been booked so there is no need for him .

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

Does anyone think the new WWE title will be debut tonight? I heard rumors that the title had been made.

Also, what other big changes do you see? Such as a new theme, new entrance video, maybe even a new stage. New logo?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

They already have a new logo confirmed, I posted it in the Random Picture thread. A new stage, and theme song wouldn't surprise me either.

Kahuna

Reaction score

What has Goldberg done for the WWE? Crap all. He stayed for less than a year and that was it.

Goldberg isn't a WWE Legend. He is a WWE afterthought, he was something big in WCW but even then he never had the consistency or placement that would establish him as any type of "legend." Anyone can argue with me about a streak that was handed to him, titles that were handed to him, and compare him to legend status and I will debate it, Goldberg was a powerhouse, an attraction, in the right place at the right time - not a legend.

Him coming back would be cool, sure, but Bill Goldberg is nothing to the WWE, never has been and really never will be. Evenif he manages Hall of Fame status, that doesn't make him anything of a legend.

I am wondering what they are going to do for Undertaker, he is rumored to be coming back tonight and for what purpose? Im excited to see.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Does anyone think the new WWE title will be debut tonight? I heard rumors that the title had been made.

Also, what other big changes do you see? Such as a new theme, new entrance video, maybe even a new stage. New logo?

The title has been ready for years and I think it will appear tonight. Theme song, stage and logo will all happen.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score

Yeah i was thinking the same , i guess if punk retains tonight , he will bring the new WWE title . Also expect to see new set , Logo , proabably new theme song e.t.c.. . It would be nice to see some change tonight . I am really excited to see what Vince has for 1000th Raw . It should be one hell of a show .

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Yeah i was thinking the same , i guess if punk retains tonight , he will bring the new WWE title . Also expect to see new set , Logo , proabably new theme song e.t.c.. . It would be nice to see some change tonight .

Change you say? In that case Raw needs this guy:

04curthawkins.jpg

Kahuna

Reaction score

I hope they replace that title. Its just so ugly, I hope the new one (if there is one) looks mare traditional as opposed to being a "bling-bling sideshow".

But judging how they morphed the tag titles, and how they morphed the ECW title when it was still kicking into that ugly silver belt, its probably not going to be pretty.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

The new logo is not all that different in my opinion. I remember reading something a while back that Punk has seen the new title and he still doesn't like it. They took all the "bling" out of the RAW logo, so I can see them doing that with the WWE belt. If Cena does lose, and Punk retains it would be perfect to have him bring out the new title to symbolize that he is now the true face of the WWE. It's a slim chance, but anythings possible. I can't wait seriously.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

What has Goldberg done for the WWE? Crap all. He stayed for less than a year and that was it.

Goldberg isn't a WWE Legend. He is a WWE afterthought, he was something big in WCW but even then he never had the consistency or placement that would establish him as any type of "legend." Anyone can argue with me about a streak that was handed to him, titles that were handed to him, and compare him to legend status and I will debate it, Goldberg was a powerhouse, an attraction, in the right place at the right time - not a legend.

Him coming back would be cool, sure, but Bill Goldberg is nothing to the WWE, never has been and really never will be. Evenif he manages Hall of Fame status, that doesn't make him anything of a legend.

I am wondering what they are going to do for Undertaker, he is rumored to be coming back tonight and for what purpose? Im excited to see.

Same thing could be said about DDP.

And anyone who was a big draw, no matter how long they were around is always going to be considered a "legend". Even though I never thought Goldberg was a draw.

I can't argue against big numbers bro, I'll get drowned out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Change you say? In that case Raw needs this guy:

04curthawkins.jpg

Stupid Hawkins -_-

Vince didn't vote for Obama, no wonder you don't get a push.

Kahuna

Reaction score

You're right, the same thing could be said about DDP, but in comparison he actually had a long career in WCW and in wrestling before he made it big. Goldberg came in and was given the ball to run with out of nowhere, and left when he wanted. He might have been a "draw" and I admit I enjoyed the Goldberg character, I enjoyed the run it was a staple of the business in that period of time, but he's done nothing for WWE, but also in comparison just as DDP never had the chance to do anything in WWE, Goldberg did and he left after less than a year.

I'd say DDP is more of a "legend" than Goldberg any day. The term "legend" is so subjective, so take it from perspective, DDP > Goldberg in my opinion.

Kahuna

Reaction score

Can't tell if "Imla" is a troll, a fan from some middle eastern country, or a obliviously passionate John Cena fan. If there is even a difference, I don't know, but...

Im leaning toward a Cena win, Punk can't do much more with it, unless they want to make a swerve tonight, they have all the ammunition to pull the trigger on something unprecedented. Rock leaves, but before going says "One day I will be WWE Champion again", tonight is a wonderful night to plant the seeds. Punk vs Rock? Or Cena vs Rock? Or...

Punk vs Cena vs Rock, Summerslam?