Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
1,000 Raw Live Discussion Thread

20120720_EP_LIGHT_RAW-SS_5pt-PRE_C_homepage.jpg

Raw 1,000 is officially upon us, and the stakes have never been higher for everyone involved. Brock Lesnar will return to a WWE ring to answer Triple H’s SummerSlam challenge in person, likely with his devilish mouthpiece, Paul Heyman, in tow. The Rock will also make his grand return for the first time since April 2, and will probably have a few words for the WWE Champion … which may end up being a different Superstar at the end of the night since John Cena has stated he’ll cash in his Money in the Bank WWE Championship Match contract on the embattled CM Punk before the night is out. Oh, and by the way, Raw is three hours, starting at 8/7 CT, not just this Monday but every Monday from now on! Here are five things to look forward to on this historic night.

20120402_raw_brock_lesnar.jpg

D-Generation X will kick off the show at 8/7 CT with an official reunion that’ll likely leave the WWE Universe rolling in the aisles. Triple H and Shawn Michaels still pal around now and then in the ring together, but this is the first time they’ll officially appear under the DX banner in a long time. Expect hijinks to ensue … unless Brock Lesnar has other plans in store for the beloved duo’s homecoming party.

tumblr_m7aagxz9It1qgk3gvo1_1280.jpg

Daniel Bryan and AJ are getting hitched, and while the denizens of the WWE Universe had a surprising amount of well-wishes for the controversial couple, we’re not entirely convinced that there isn’t something fishy going on here. Bryan is a good many things, but a sentimentalist he is not, and AJ’s moods change with the wind these days. Plus, was it just us or did Kane and AJ share another one of those “moments†on SmackDown that The Big Red Monster said he was trying to avoid. Kane has an “eventful†history regarding weddings on Raw; will he add this one to his list of matrimonial mayhem? Or will the nuptials go off without a hitch for once?

raw-gm.jpg

Raw’s power structure has been in a state of flux in the weeks since John Laurinaitis met his ignominious end at No Way Out. The Raw brand has been under the supervision of Mick Foley, Vickie Guerrero and the Anonymous General Manager, who was revealed to be Hornswoggle. But come Raw 1,000, a new head honcho will be named, and the WWE Universe has no idea who it’s going to be. Will it be any of the previous interim candidates? Perhaps a unified WWE under Teddy Long? Or will the grassroots campaign to install William Regal as Raw GM lift off and usher the red brand into its new era?

the-rock1.jpg

FINALLY … The Rock will come back to Raw on the 1,000th episode, and he’ll likely have some important business on his mind. When last we saw him, The Great One dropped the bombshell that he intended to reclaim the WWE Championship in the next phase of his comeback, and he’s already said via Twitter that he’ll be addressing that goal before the assembled WWE Universe on Raw 1,000. Which means a confrontation between The People’s Champion and CM Punk isn’t entirely out of the realm of possibility. Then again …

20120715_EP_LARGE_MITB_VS_Cena-case_R.jpg

John Cena is coming for CM Punk. The Cenation leader gave his solemn vow last week to the WWE Universe that he would redeem the coveted Money in the Bank contract against The Second City Saint for a one-on-one opportunity at Punk’s WWE Championship on Raw 1,000. Apart from the odd twist of fate this represents for Punk himself (he’s a two-time Money in the Bank winner and twice cashed it in on vulnerable foes to abscond with the World Heavyweight Championship), this also presents the possibility for Cena to reignite his rivalry with The Rock, only with the consequences elevated to new heights by the wrinkle of the WWE Title. Money in the Bank history is on Cena’s side, but he has yet to defeat Punk for the title since losing it to him at last year’s Money in the Bank. Which Superstar will win out when the big one is on the line?

All this hopefully a few twist returns and surprises along the way. And for the love of god very little tout and social media integration.

Attachments

• 20120715_EP_LARGE_MITB_VS_Cena-case_R.jpg
    20120715_EP_LARGE_MITB_VS_Cena-case_R.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 8

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Re: 1,000 Raw Live Discussion Thread

You forgot to mention Christian's defending the IC Championship. Never said who though, I'll lean on Sandow.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

The Wedding & Slater Time are obviously going to be the highlights. :DB:

AF.

Reaction score

Looking like a good RAW. Many surprise appearances I'm guessing.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

You forgot to mention Christian's defending the IC Championship. Never said who though, I'll lean on Sandow.

This is just based off the raw 5 point preview.

But also Tout Don't just shout it out. Tout it out.

couldn't resist. While I expect big things I think I maybe expecting to much kind of like building yourself up for that movie of the year and then when you see it you realize you saw all the good bits in the trailer (why I stopped watching trailers) I hope I'm wrong though. I'll be on regardless.

AF.

Reaction score

I hope Cena doesn't win the title as much as I wouldn't mind seeing Cena/Rock 2 at SummerSlam. I don't think the plan any longer is Cena/Punk.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

I have missed out on a few things, can't believe we are seeing a wedding on this episode.

It is going to be a great show, packed with stars and with some interesting storylines as well. Good idea to have Cena cash it in on this show but he has to lose, that way the streak of MITB winners cashing it in and winning the title. He is so over the loss wont hurt him, he is probably the only guy that could lose the cash in and not have it hurt his character. Can't wait for Lesnar and The Rock on the show again, looking forward to seeing what direction both of them go. Fingers crossed WWE will make a logical choice for GM.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Punk/Cena should be a good main however the fact they are meeting again at SS makes it a bit overkill.

The wedding will be interesting as it is hard to predict which way the AJ/Bryan saga is going to go right now. As long as they don't drag it out too much and we get something fresh out of it it should be ok.

Lesnar/HHH is the other thing which appeals to the show for me.

Don't really care about Rock/DX etc...

This is such a big mistake going to three hours, it is one of things that killed WCW.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

NOTE: I merged the two threads together so all discussion can remain in the one thread.

Punk/Cena should be a good main however the fact they are meeting again at SS makes it a bit overkill.

The wedding will be interesting as it is hard to predict which way the AJ/Bryan saga is going to go right now. As long as they don't drag it out too much and we get something fresh out of it it should be ok.

Lesnar/HHH is the other thing which appeals to the show for me.

Don't really care about Rock/DX etc...

This is such a big mistake going to three hours, it is one of things that killed WCW.

Have they already booked a match for SummerSlam between them?

I wonder who Heath Slater would face this week, they have picked some good opponents for him in the past but I am expecting a really big name for the 1000th episode.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I think so Troy but I could be wrong. I know they have said that Cena is cashing in tonight but that also a match has been made for Slam. If it means we don't get Rock/Cena 2 I would be happy.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
re: Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

There's rumors that it'll be Punk/Cena at Summerslam

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Okay that makes sense. I still think that Cena has to lose here, it fixes the current streak, it wont hurt him one bit and it makes Punk look even stronger. The good news about Punk/Cena at SummerSlam will be that Punk and the WWE title finally gets to close a PPV.

By the way can any of the Australian members tell me what time this show starts. With all the time changes and with RAW starting early I have no idea when to tune in.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

Right, here's some spoilers of some people who are going to be apart of Raw tonight:

PWInsider said:
I just heard from friend of the site that The Undertaker and wife Michelle McCool are currently on a flight to St. Louis. WWE is pulling out all stops on this one. We are also hearing that a shocking name very well may be at the show as well and are trying confirm. This should be one hell of a night.

Paul Heyman. So we're going to get an on-screen Brock & Heyman re-union :mark:

Road Warrior Animal

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

We all knew that already.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Shocking name might be Goldberg which would be shocking if you ask me! lol.

Also just because Mccool and Taker are on their way to St Louis doesn't mean they will actually appear on air.