Off-duty cop attempts to steal Make-a-Wish money

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
thefreethoughtproject.com said:
Matt Agorist - Officer Ronald Harris is a 12 year veteran of the Memphis police department. His record while ‘serving and protecting’ is less than stellar.

With a rap sheet over 100 pages long, it begs the question, how in the hell was this guy able to remain a cop for so long with so many violations?

All too often we see police officers, who have sworn to protect society from criminals, be the actual criminals.

Harris’ personnel file contained several violations including damage to a squad car, radio violations, sick leave policy abuse, sleeping on the job, failure to get approval for additional employment, and failure to appear in court. Most resulted in a written reprimand or a short suspension, but he was never fired.

Over the weekend, a family was travelling with their young daughter who is terminally ill. She was a participant in the Make-A-Wish foundation.

Officer Harris was off-duty, however being the stellar example of law enforcement that he is, he decided that he would ‘protect’ the family of this young girl from their bag filled with five t-shirts and a $1,500 pre-paid Visa check card from the Make-A-Wish foundation.

According to WFSB News, Harris reportedly tried to take the bag twice; both times the Make-A-Wish father stopped him. But it took airport and Memphis Police several tries to get Harris in custody after he kicked open a squad car door and ran.

According to an affidavit, police eventually had to use a pair of leg-cuffs to get Harris under arrest.

“People make poor choices, and we don’t know the decisions that lead this person to do what they did. We are just fortunate that we have the Memphis Police Department and the airport,” added Liz Nelson, Make-A-Wish President and CEO.

But he was the “Memphis Police Department”!

Harris is set to appear in court on June 16th.

“It is certainly disheartening and I am deeply saddened that an organization as wonderful as Make-A-Wish was victimized by someone sworn to protect, especially a member of the Memphis Police Department. Thankfully, no one sustained serious injuries. This officer is now facing serious charges for his criminal behavior. The Airport Police is to be commended for their quick response and professionalism, ” said Police Director Toney Armstrong.

Disheartening indeed.

Some "law enforcement" we have here in North America, huh? And people wonder why I hate cops.

For the record, stuff like this does happen in Canada as well. Speaking as a victim of police brutality myself.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: Cops rob terminally ill 3 year old of her make a wish money.

First thing I thought of when I read this? His name is Ron Harris, just like the hilarious cop on Barney Miller.

Second thought. Obviously this guy is a scumbag, but I wouldn't use it as an argument to hate all cops, since there are a lot of good ones out there. Also, I've never heard of something like this happening in Canada but I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, there's assholes abusing power everywhere, it isn't exclusive to the US. Anyhow, hopefully this guy gets his nuts electrocuted or something similar.

EDIT: Found a short video on the incident here. The dude seems to have some serious problems, although I wouldn't go as far as using them as an excuse for this despicable behaviour.

http://wreg.com/2014/06/09/caught-o...used-of-stealing-from-make-a-wish-foundation/

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Re: Cops rob terminally ill 3 year old of her make a wish money.

Obviously this guy is a scumbag, but I wouldn't use it as an argument to hate all cops, since there are a lot of good ones out there. Also, I've never heard of something like this happening in Canada but I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, there's assholes abusing power everywhere, it isn't exclusive to the US.

There are some good ones out there, I mean, one of them even managed to catch the mother fucker who stole my cellphone. So I have commended cops on some occasions. That being said, I've also been on the downside of some shitty ass power tripping cops who people have a filmed incident of and for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not to mention I've heard other stories, like in Toronto one of my friends getting searched just because he was spanish.