NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2019) Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
20191106_NXT_Takeover_WarGames_RheaShaynaTeams_Update_nologo--9ef1f4a6487d364e13136f8f8955c0df.jpg

First-ever Women’s WarGames Match
History will be made at NXT TakeOver: WarGames on Nov. 23, when the first-ever Women’s WarGames Match takes place.

As first reported by CBS Sports, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler and Rhea Ripley have been named team captains for this match, known for bringing out the ruthless side in every Superstar who steps foot inside its cage.

On WWE’s The Bump, Ripley and Baszler revealed the majority of their teams. The Nightmare has chosen Tegan Nox and Candice LeRae to step inside the cage with her, while the NXT Women’s Champion selected Bianca Belair and Io Shirai. Ripley did not announce the fourth and final member of her team, so Baszler elected to hold back on revealing the final member of her side until Ripley does the same.

Dakota Kai sought to prove that she was tough enough to be the fourth member of Ripley's team against Shayna Baszler, but came up short against The Submission Magician. When Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke sought to punish Kai a little more after the bell, a brawl broke out between all of the WarGames participants so far. When Mia Yim arrived with a kendo stick to fight off Baszler's squad, Ripley found her fourth member, much to the disappointment of Kai.

Baszler's fourth team member was revealed in shocking fashion. During a Ladder Match between Mia Yim and Io Shirai to determine which squad would have the advantage in WarGames, NXT UK Women's Champion Kay Lee Ray arrived, shoving Mia off a ladder and sending her viciously crashing through another ladder at ringside. Shirai went on to climb the ladder and win the match, earning Team Baszler the advantage in WarGames next Saturday.

Who will emerge victorious from this historic battle inside the two rings completely surrounded by a steel cage? Find out during NXT TakeOver: WarGames, streaming live on WWE Network Saturday, Nov. 23 at 7 ET/4 PT!
20191113_NXT_WarGames_2019_UA_CiampaLeeDijakovic--f1d13d74745376d170b70ed516c4a414.jpg

Team Ciampa vs. The Undisputed ERA (WarGames Match)
Tommaso Ciampa put his quest to reclaim the NXT Championship on hold because he’s going to war to try and destroy The Undisputed ERA.

The Blackheart will lead Keith Lee, Dominik Dijakovic and a fourth partner yet to be named into WarGames against NXT Champion Adam Cole, NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong and NXT Tag Team Champions Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish at NXT TakeOver: WarGames on Saturday, Nov. 23.

From the moment Ciampa returned to NXT following his recovery from neck surgery, he made it clear that he had his sights set on taking back Goldie, much to the chagrin of Cole. Riddle and Lee have both had their run-ins with The Undisputed ERA in recent weeks, from Matt Riddle’s battle with Cole for the NXT Title to Lee being ambushed by the four ruthless Superstars after a wild Triple Threat Match for Strong’s North American Title.

But after a tag team match that pitted Riddle & Lee against O’Reilly & Fish, The Undisputed ERA sought to steamroll their rivals once again, until Ciampa arrived to stop it. With Cole and his crew retreating, Ciampa addressed the NXT Championship, telling Goldie that their reunion would have to wait because “Daddy’s going to war.”

Dijakovic arrived to even the odds for Team Ciampa in a wild brawl with The Undisputed ERA on the Nov. 13 edition of NXT, following a match between Lee and Strong. Though Team Ciampa seemed weary of Dijakovic’s intentions, the big man made it clear that he’s ready for war, offering his hand in solidarity, even seemingly settling the score with Lee, his longtime rival.

However, Team Ciampa is still looking for a fourth member. Riddle was initially on the team, but The Original Bro’s escalating issues with Finn Bálor led to the two squaring off in a one-on-one battle, leaving Ciampa’s squad searching for their final partner.

Who will be the fourth member of Ciampa’s team? Will they all be able to get on the same page as The Undisputed ERA, who have fought in all of NXT’s WarGames battles to date? Find out at NXT TakeOver: WarGames, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network Saturday, Nov. 23 at 7 ET/4 PT!
20191113_NXT_WarGames_2019_RiddleBalor--e48625b9ace0e8d5b87c31d8aa420f2e.jpg

Matt Riddle vs. Finn Bálor
In his first match since returning to NXT last month, Finn Bálor will go one-on-one with Matt Riddle at NXT TakeOver: WarGames on Saturday, Nov. 23.

The NXT Universe believed Bálor to be on a collision course with Johnny Gargano after Bálor brutally attacked Johnny Wrestling on the Oct. 23 edition of NXT, sending Gargano out of Full Sail University in an ambulance.

However, a neck injury forced Gargano out of action. With that news, Bálor turned his attention to the rest of the NXT roster, mocking them and daring someone to step up and fight him. He got an answer sooner than he expected, as Matt Riddle arrived looking for payback after Bálor dropped him with a 1916 on the ramp just one week prior. The Original Bro launched a flurry of offense on Bálor, sending the first Universal Champion on a retreat out of the arena.

But Bálor was seemingly just picking his spots. Later that night, amid a brawl between Riddle, Keith Lee, Tommaso Ciampa and The Undisputed ERA, Bálor ambushed The Original Bro, dropkicking him into the unforgiving steel ring steps, setting the stage for this huge battle.

Will Bálor continue his path of destruction, or will Riddle put a stop to Bálor? Find out at NXT TakeOver: WarGames, streaming live Saturday, Nov. 23, at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network!
20191118_NXT_Takeover_WarGames_pete_SponsorCom--13524170d99797239ab4beb042b8f177.jpg

Pete Dunne vs. Killian Dain vs. Damian Priest (Winner challenges NXT Champion Adam Cole at Survivor Series)
The bad blood between Pete Dunne, Killian Dain and Damian Priest will boil over when they square off in a Triple Threat Match at NXT TakeOver: WarGames. There’s also an incentive added to their battle: The winner will challenge Adam Cole for the NXT Championship just one night later at Survivor Series.

This all started when Priest targeted The Bruiserweight during NXT’s live two-hour debut on USA Network. The Archer of Infamy brashly stated that he was looking to make a name for himself at Dunne’s expense. Priest emerged victorious from their first battle, employing a low blow to put The BruiserWeight down for the three count.

But before that first matchup, Dunne quickly made an enemy when he came face to face with Dain, and then snapped The Beast of Belfast’s fingers. Dunne seemingly moved on from the incident, but Dain would not forget, as he bulldozed over The BruiserWeight’s close friend Tyler Bate, then told Bate to tell Dunne they had “unfinished business.”

Dunne gave Priest a taste of his own medicine in their rematch, going below the belt to set Priest up for an armbar that secured the submission victory. But that would turn out to be just the end of one chapter of this hard-hitting rivalry. The Beast of Belfast arrived after the bell to pummel Dunne. When Priest tried to muscle his way in on the carnage, Dain crushed him into the steel ring steps.

Officials and security could not contain the three rivals in a wild throwdown last week that saw The Archer of Infamy hurl a security guard at Dain and Dunne before taking them out with a thrilling dive. Who will emerge victorious from what is sure to be an all-out brawl with an NXT Championship Match at Survivor Series in hand? Find out at NXT TakeOver: WarGames, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network this Saturday at 7 ET/4 PT!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy King

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah WWE kinda gave it away rather than them slowly giving it away on the Face side, but I'm happy either way to see how nasty these two teams could get during Wargames. I've still had in my mind Mia Yim somehow being apart of this and turning Heel because she seems to be on the outside looking in and it would be pretty shocking to see her turn.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah WWE kinda gave it away rather than them slowly giving it away on the Face side, but I'm happy either way to see how nasty these two teams could get during Wargames. I've still had in my mind Mia Yim somehow being apart of this and turning Heel because she seems to be on the outside looking in and it would be pretty shocking to see her turn.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A second WarGames match has been confirmed so we get three years in a row of Undisputed ERA in WarGames which I wasn't really looking forward to, but I do expect it to be a great match regardless. Ciampa's team has one open spot left that I'm assuming is definitely going to be Gargano unless they're looking to do Gargano/Balor at the show. Baszler also has one spot left as well, and with the way NXT went this week I almost think they could go with Dakota Kai turning heel and joining, but idk maybe not. Thank god no Duke or Shafir in it though

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I feel like the last spot on Ciampa’s team was supposed to be Dream but I’ve heard he’s dealing with an injury. Maybe Dijakovic gets the nod if they’re leaning toward Balor/Gargano

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
A second WarGames match has been confirmed so we get three years in a row of Undisputed ERA in WarGames which I wasn't really looking forward to, but I do expect it to be a great match regardless. Ciampa's team has one open spot left that I'm assuming is definitely going to be Gargano unless they're looking to do Gargano/Balor at the show. Baszler also has one spot left as well, and with the way NXT went this week I almost think they could go with Dakota Kai turning heel and joining, but idk maybe not. Thank god no Duke or Shafir in it though

Here's my pick for Ciampa's last Team Member how about Dream?! He's been out for a little bit and he has the history with UE. It weaves together so perfectly. I know he's dealing with a injury, but WWE could of easily held him back longer. Still whoever it is UE is in mad trouble for real. Kai going Heel I mean she barely on TV as a Face to turn Heel so quickly like that.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
One thing works......LETS DO MORE!!!!!.

Even Trips doing too much now.

Could've had the women in war games an just made the other one a typical tag where they can do all the crazy two ring spots they want.

And no goddamn tower of Doom spots please?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Just realized unless Lio Rush defends the CW title, this might be the first Takeover without a Championship match.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I’m hyped for both War Games matches, I’ve been enjoying the build thus far for it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Riddle/Balor has been added and the Women's WarGames teams are both complete now with KLR added to Team Baszler. Still one open spot on Team Ciampa as Dijakovic replaced Riddle.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
With Riddle coming out the War Games match and being replaced by Dijakovic, I have no idea who the last team member will be. Dream makes the most sense as he still has unfinished business with UE but I’m not sure he’s ready to go.

Just tells me that after Gargano and Dream, NXT is short on babyfaces at the moment

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
With Riddle coming out the War Games match and being replaced by Dijakovic, I have no idea who the last team member will be. Dream makes the most sense as he still has unfinished business with UE but I’m not sure he’s ready to go.

Just tells me that after Gargano and Dream, NXT is short on babyfaces at the moment

Especially considering with Gargano/Dream not here...Ciampa is their top babyface when he was easily the top heel in possibly all of wrestling last year :TI:

• Haha
Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Now that I think about, throw Pete Dunne in there. I think he’s working the 5 on 5 on 5 the next night but they’ve got Roddy pulling back to back duty; Pete can do it too

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Get the Big Strong Boy Tyler Bate.

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Get the Big Strong Boy Tyler Bate.

I'm really upset he hasn't been involved on Raw or SmackDown yet...unless he was on Smackdown tonight since I haven't watched yet but I doubt it

Reactions: Deezy