NXT Takeover: New York Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Go back and re-watch the gauntlet. They protected several of those people with excuses. Plus, you can be beaten by one move. We've seen people get pinned in seconds before. It's much more believable to get pinned by the guy in the gauntlet than kick out, kick out, kick out, kick, kick out, kick out, kick out, take all of the Undisputed Era all by yourself, win match.

Kofi was choked out before Orton. Orton could've literally come in hit the RKO and won. Don't give me the "he underestimated him" bullshit. Gargano has been known to take an inhuman amount of punishment and kick out so this is nothing new.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kofi was choked out before Orton. Orton could've literally come in hit the RKO and won. Don't give me the "he underestimated him" bullshit. Gargano has been known to take an inhuman amount of punishment and kick out so this is nothing new.
But that was the story with Orton and Samoa Joe....they thought he was a B+ player who was a jobber....and both were humiliated as a result.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think overanalyzing and comparing to past stuff is when wrestling doesn't become fun, if Shield didn't enjoy it so be it. I kinda agree with all of his complaints and I'm not even trying to defend anything about that match bc it was absurd but all I can say is I was crazy entertained and that's my only defense bc that's all that matters in the long run. Can't change someone's opinion on if they were entertained or not.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But that was the story with Orton and Samoa Joe....they thought he was a B+ player who was a jobber....and both were humiliated as a result.

And the story here is Gargano overcame the odds to finally win the title. If you think that Kofi's match was fine you can't say this match wasn't fine.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm not buying

I guess I don't see the difference. It's the same product, the same setting, the same kind of people. Watching that many people just line up to get hit with a Stunner one by one is absolutely preposterous and simply unbelievable. There is a shred of believability about what happened in this match especially when you consider the things Johnny has overcome in the past, there's a precedent for it.
If you can't see the difference then I don't know what to tell you. There's a pretty big difference between segments and matches. Especially since Austin didn't kick out of all their finishes either. If Johnny had simply beat-up TUE without kicking out of so many finishes, I don't think I'd care as much. It's the idea that he can literally kick out of more things than even Hogan did in his prime. I don't think there's a precedence for this. If anything, his past matches shows him losing in spectacular fashion when the big prize was on the line.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And the story here is Gargano overcame the odds to finally win the title. If you think that Kofi's match was fine you can't say this match wasn't fine.
I didn't say either.

Just telling you the story of the match

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Orton could have, but he didn't. Orton being dumb isn't as bad as Gargano being superman.

Maybe I missed it when Gargano was superman before, but that just means I haven't liked Gargano longer than I realized.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Absolutely absurd. It was bad but I still enjoyed watching it.
The funny thing is when people agree with me, but then try to make me feel bad about it because I'm more upset about it than they are.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Oh dear. :smh

Let's all agree it was a great PPV and leave it at that?

Reactions: Jimmy King

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Orton could have, but he didn't. Orton being dumb isn't as bad as Gargano being superman.

Maybe I missed it when Gargano was superman before, but that just means I haven't liked Gargano longer than I realized.

But Orton is literally known for being a ring genius. If anything, he would know not to do that. Gargano has been amazing so if you don't like him that's your prerogative.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I thought Kofi was more unrealistic but whatever.
If Kofi kicked out of all their finishers and then pinned them all, I'd agree with you. He didn't, though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think I'm also past the point of shitting on all the kick outs and false finishes on NXT bc it seems the way the business as a whole is gonna go for a bit, it's not gonna make me stop watching and I can learn to enjoy it even if I liked old stuff better bc I'm not gonna stop watching so I can just enjoy this ride while I'm here until the business inevitably morphs into something else and I'll go along with that as well. Not saying you guys can't keep complaining when you don't like something but I can still get some for of entertainment out of all this

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But Orton is literally known for being a ring genius. If anything, he would know not to do that. Gargano has been amazing so if you don't like him that's your prerogative.
Again, though, Orton being stupid isn't the same.