NXT Superstar in the Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Harper needs some more seasoning in my opinion. Plus he has a nice thing going being part of Bray Wyatt (formerly known as Husky Harris) psycho redneck stable on NXT. Out of the guys in the video Kruger and O'Brien are the most main roster ready. Neville could out wrestle most guys and flies like nobody else but could use some more time in NXT just to learn to talk.

Yeah, Harper is pretty badass.

Also, I know O'Brien is part of the uppercard NXT, but what is his gimmick anyway?

And Kruger is also pretty badass. That accent would be a nice thing to hear on RAW.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
GTI said:
Also, I know O'Brien is part of the uppercard NXT, but what is his gimmick anyway?
Vampire/demon thing or something. Supernatural it seems.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Match 1 just ended, Adrian Neville over Corey Graves.

(https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/295264078157447168/photo/1)

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dallas and Kruger won their matches as well and qualify for the battle royale later.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Also: Steen made a promise if Neville would get in the rumble.

Fj1fTbL.png

Do it Kevin, do it.

@Rain @seabs I think you would find this funny.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo's rejoicing somewhere in Cornwall, Conor O'Brien's in. When will this battle royale be held?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rain said:
Crayo's rejoicing somewhere in Cornwall, Conor O'Brien's in. When will this battle royale be held?

Later tonight I think. Hopefully they will film it and put it on WWE.com at least. Or they bump the US title match up the card and makes the BR the preshow.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Later tonight I think. Hopefully they will film it and put it on WWE.com at least. Or they bump the US title match up the card and makes the BR the preshow.

Would be a great last-minute Royal Rumble hype video, and would sell many more buys than Cesaro-Miz... Even if the casuals have never heard of these guys, they could talk up how crazy it woudl be "with 30 of the biggest superstars in all of the WWE". Why not?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rain said:
Would be a great last-minute Royal Rumble hype video, and would sell many more buys than Cesaro-Miz... Even if the casuals have never heard of these guys, they could talk up how crazy it woudl be "with 30 of the biggest superstars in all of the WWE". Why not?

I see it the same way you did. Apparently the original pre show plans were to have a BR with a mix of NXT stars and lower carders but they decided to put Cesaro and Miz there due to the momentum their feud is slowly picking up. But I see no reason that they cannot bump the US title up on the card as an opening match since the IC title isn't on the card and use the BR as the preshow.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Kruger just eliminated Neville. Not sure how I should feel about this.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dallas vs Kruger in the tournament finals.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Dallas vs Kruger in the tournament finals.

Bleh... that's pretty much the worst possible outcome.
Don't see anything in either of those guys... well, Dallas can improve, but he's not there yet.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rain said:
Bleh... that's pretty much the worst possible outcome.
Don't see anything in either of those guys... well, Dallas can improve, but he's not there yet.

I see major potential and improvement in Kruger after his gimmick change. Dallas should go away and never come back. Okay ring skills, no mic skills and no charisma. Sadly Big Show is high on Dallas.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I see major potential and improvement in Kruger after his gimmick change. Dallas should go away and never come back. Okay ring skills, no mic skills and no charisma. Sadly Big Show is high on Dallas.

I can see why, he possesses similar character traits to Big Show. Always frustrating how people get pushed because of who they know instead of what they know. SMH.

To rephrase my thoughts on Dallas, he has potential but is nowhere close to being ready for TV. Haven't seen Kruger's new gimmick outside of when Baretta carried him, but hey, if Jinder Mahal can become watchable, so can Kruger I guess. But Mahal at least had a decent gimmick pre-3MB, didn't see anything in Kruger.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dallas just won. Well shit.