NXT Live In Osaka

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bmui

Jobber
Reaction score
Is NXT Live In Osaka going to be televised live on the WWE Network ?

If so, what time on Saturday, Dec. 3, 2016 ?

Besides Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura, what are the other matches ?

Thanks

Bmui

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
It starts at 6pm, I can only assume in Japanese time.
As for matches, I don't know. I do know that Asuka, Nia Jax, Hideo Itami and Bobby Roode are advertised, though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It won't be televised on the Network.

Other than Joe vs Nakamura, Asuka vs Nia Jax for the NXT Women's title has been confirmed.

bmui

Jobber
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys.

I was hoping would be televised like last time Live in Japan "Beast In The East" on the WWE Network.
I guess will have to wait to view a recorded video version of it afterwards.

I thought Nia Jax suppose to be in Raw brand? I guess they don't have good enough women wrestlers on NXT to win against Asuka. That is why they had Micki James last time, who hasn't wrestled for a long time and isn't even on NXT. They should give struggling stars like Billie Kay or Peyton Royce who are on NXT a chance to wrestle Asuka for NXT Women's Championship, but I don't think they will have a chance against Asuka.
Maybe as a Iconic Duo together by one of them distracting Asuka via ring side, but that the only way one of them would be able to win NXT Women's Championship .

Maybe also give Amber Moon a chance for Women's NXT Championship, since she hasn't lost since she debut on NXT and looked quite impressive in her past winning matches on NXT.

So what if Nia Jax wins against Asuka ? She will have to go back to NXT to defend the Championship. If she loses can stay at Raw brand and can wrestle Sasha Banks for Women's Raw WWE Championship..
I think all the good women wrestlers originally from NXT has transerred to or gone to Raw or Smack down.

It starts at 6pm, I can only assume in Japanese time.
As for matches, I don't know. I do know that Asuka, Nia Jax, Hideo Itami and Bobby Roode are advertised, though.

It won't be televised on the Network.

Other than Joe vs Nakamura, Asuka vs Nia Jax for the NXT Women's title has been confirmed.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys.

I was hoping would be televised like last time Live in Japan "Beast In The East" on the WWE Network.
I guess will have to wait to view a recorded video version of it afterwards.

I thought Nia Jax suppose to be in Raw brand? I guess they don't have good enough women wrestlers on NXT to win against Asuka. That is why they had Micki James last time, who hasn't wrestled for a long time and isn't even on NXT. They should give struggling stars like Billie Kay or Peyton Royce who are on NXT a chance to wrestle Asuka for NXT Women's Championship, but I don't think they will have a chance against Asuka.
Maybe as a Iconic Duo together by one of them distracting Asuka via ring side, but that the only way one of them would be able to win NXT Women's Championship .

Maybe also give Amber Moon a chance for Women's NXT Championship, since she hasn't lost since she debut on NXT and looked quite impressive in her past winning matches on NXT.

So what if Nia Jax wins against Asuka ? She will have to go back to NXT to defend the Championship. If she loses can stay at Raw brand and can wrestle Sasha Banks for Women's Raw WWE Championship..
I think all the good women wrestlers originally from NXT has transerred to or gone to Raw or Smack down.

We'll still get to see some footage from the event, though. They're going to be filming stuff for NXT TV.

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce will get their shot. They're still stars on the rise. Once they get over, they will get their shot.

As for Ember Moon, they're saving Asuka vs Ember for NXT TakeOver during Mania weekend where Asuka will most likely drop the title. Ember's going to get a huge rub.

Nia Jax ain't winning, guaranteed. They would not be bringing Asuka in her home country just to have her lose.

bmui

Jobber
Reaction score
Are they going to show the full match of Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura Osaka match tonight on NXT ?
I saw ad. on WWE or NXT on WWE Network about it recently.
Starts at 7 p.m. CST on the WWE Network, right ?

Thanks

Bmui

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Are they going to show the full match of Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura Osaka match tonight on NXT ?
I saw ad. on WWE or NXT on WWE Network about it recently.
Starts at 7 p.m. CST on the WWE Network, right ?

Thanks

Bmui

Yes, the full match will be aired on NXT TV. Will they air it tonight? I've no idea, tbh.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good news, guys!

Triple H announced today that a two-hour WWE NXT special will air next Wednesday night with footage from the recent Osaka, Japan live event, including Shinsuke Nakamura regaining the NXT Title from Samoa Joe.

Below are details:
If you weren't able to make it to Osaka, Japan, earlier this month for NXT's debut in the Land of the Rising Sun, there's no need to fret! Tune into WWE Network this Wednesday at 8/7 C for a special two-hour edition of NXT featuring incredible matches from the Edion Arena, including Shinsuke Nakamura's incredible NXT Championship victory over Samoa Joe.
The night of action will feature:

-Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe (NXT Championship Match)
-Asuka vs. Nia Jax (NXT Women's Championship Match)
-#DIY vs. Tajiri & Akira Tozawa (NXT Tag Team Championship Match)
-Liv Morgan & Aliyah vs. Billie Kay & Peyton Royce
-Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas

Don't miss your chance to see NXT's Japan debut for the first time ever on WWE Network, this Wednesday at 8/7 C. Plus, on January 4, WWE Network subscribers will get the opportunity to watch NXT's action-packed event from Melbourne, Australia, featuring Nakamura and Joe in a Steel Cage Match for the NXT Championship, and much more!

Source