NXT being cleaned out

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Source: PWInsider
With WWE on the verge of signing new developmental talent to coincide with the launch of its Performance Center in Winter Park, Florida, multiple talents situated in the developmental system were released today.
It has been confirmed that Derrick Bateman and Briley Pierce were among those let go by WWE on Friday. Both individuals revealed on Twitter that they are no long affiliated with the sports-entertainment organization.
Bateman announced on his Twitter account that he is now available for independent bookings and then adding, "Welp see ya later WWE @WWEUniverse #itsfine."

Pierce, who is the brother of WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler, stated on his account, "I guarantee that was the funniest and most entertaining "You're released" phone call in WWE history. Bye, everybody!"

Bateman, who had been under contract to WWE since 2008, appeared on the final season of NXT before the program was transferred to Florida. He last appeared on WWE programming late late last year, and had been making infrequent appearances for NXT.

Briley had been under a developmental contract to WWE since 2011, the highlight of which was a Florida Tag Team Championship reign with Brad Maddox. He was shifted to the role of backstage interviewer for NXT last June, though would still continue to compete. However, he lost the majority of his matches from that point on.
According to PWInsider.com, additional names are expected to be revealed as being no longer under contract to WWE.

Take the bad with the good. The guys being released that are confirmed (Bateman and Briley) could grow very well on the independent scene. And none of the guys we are seeing on TV regularly are in risk of being released. Plus it makes room for the new guys. Also Sakamoto is gone too. Back to Japan with him.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2013/0517/562753/wwe-releases-two-wrestlers/#ixzz2TZXyisNw

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I watched an episode of NXT a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see Erik Rowan on the show. I thought he was released 3-4 months ago already for being an idiot on Twitter.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I watched an episode of NXT a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see Erik Rowan on the show. I thought he was released 3-4 months ago already for being an idiot on Twitter.
Wrong dude. I don't even think Rowan is on twitter. The guy who got released was called TAC.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Audrey Marie has also been released and two more are on the way according to insider.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Trent released a video of him eating with the fired wrestlers. Brandon Tavern was shown.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I think he is. He's one of the guys that management is reasonably high on because he came in completely green as grass but is improving as if they showed a rocket up his ass.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
That means he is going to win the rumble in his first match and win every title in his first year despite getting no reactions from the crowd.

Stopspot

Reaction score
*Percy Watson, who was signed to the company in 2009 and showed some real character and flashes of greatness on the fifth season of NXT, teaming with Titus O'Neil. He had been working regularly for NXT in developmental but was never moved on up full-time to the main roster.

*Anya, a 6'1" Russian kickboxer named Anna Bogomazova who was signed in the summer of 2012. She had been out of the ring of late with an arm injury.
PWinsider

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Surprised Mason Ryan and Zeke still have jobs.They have not been on the main shows for ages and they are just terrible in the ring.
WWE probably forgot they still have the two of then under a contract...

Stopspot

Reaction score
WWE probably forgot they still have the two of then under a contract...
Mason is actually showing improvement down in NXT according to house show reports. So never say never about him.

Stopspot

Reaction score
He had nowhere near Dolph's charisma right now. A tour on the independents will do him good if he chooses to go that route. He is a published author already so he is probably set cash vice.