NXT 9/18 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
NC6dbBG.png
Season 7, Episode 187
-----​
1231627_557750480941187_1151338733_n.jpg
It’s Wednesday so you know what that means, NEW NXT episode tonight! Up first, Aiden English makes his return to NXT facing QT Marshall. Aiden has promised to make NXT his own personal stage, & wow the NXT Universe. Will Aiden’s star shine bright in NXT? Or will QT Marshall make it burn out instantly?
559366_557835764265992_1918677888_n.jpg
Sami Zayn continues his quest to earn a NXT Championship title shot tonight as he faces the man he faced in his NXT debut, Curt Hawkins! Will Sami continue his rise in NXT, and prove he deserves a shot at the NXT Championship? Or will the former Edgehead try to make a statement by beating NXT’s rising Superstar?
551297_557902474259321_313649003_n.jpg
Our MAIN EVENT this week isn’t just big, it is GIGANTIC! On one side, NXT Tag Team Champions Adrian Neville & Corey Graves teaming with CJ Parker & Xavier Woods, on the other The Ascension, Leo Kruger & Tyler Breeze! This 8 man tag match promises to be one of the biggest main events in NXT’s history, & you don’t want to MISS THIS!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sami vs Hawkins was another good bout between the two. Longer than their original one and Sami was much more serious than in the original one.

Main event was a good one were everyone got a chance to shine. Breeze's antics were real heel magnets this time. Still not a fan of Parker but he is a solid worker in ring.

And as for Aiden English, I have this to say:
d35d0c5889bea36bd37aab5fe6b13ab7.jpg

You glorious bastard.

Tom Phillips has also gotten much better on commentary since he started. I used to not like him at all. But he is much better now.
Enjoyable episode in my book. Stories were advanced and people were re-introduced.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Rise

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This was a great episode. I liked the commentary team. Aiden English was just... yeah. But I enjoyed that a lot. The opening match was good. especially the Yakuza kick. The Main Event was a great match. I loved how Tyler Breeze was sooo over. lol. Oh and #BoDallasHotline.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Aiden getting over instantly was glorious, as Stop put it. Loved it. The main event, when announced, kinda reminded me of those Raw main events when EVERY week there was some tag or 6-man tag to main event the show, but it was so much better, for two reasons: first, when they do this on NXT it's very rare and it feels special, as it should. And secondly, it wasn't just heels dominating all the time, there was a back story with Breeze tagging and all (which was very awesome in itself, too), so yeah, good episode. Zayn vs Hawkins was a pretty good opener as well.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Great episode all in all tonight. I was thrilled to see Zayn on the show this week, and he had such a great match with Hawkins. Fantastic way to open the show. Bo was as lovably hate-able as always. Enjoyed seeing Marshall on the show, even though it was a squash match and he had such a jobber's entrance. Was interesting seeing Aiden with his whole "artiste" gimmick. Great main event, as well, though it was hard to cheer for one particular team since I liked members of each. But yeah, great episode this week. Looking forward to next week's!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd love to be a kayfabe fly on the wall in the NXT locker room. This show is so random! :dawg: There's dark forces from the great beyond, male modls, hippies, nerds stuck in the 90's, overblown Jersey stereotypes in cheetah outfits, angry jungle hunters, Sylvester Lefort and his group of mismatched oddities, whatever Emma is, and now a singing albino lumberjack. I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Would go into my thoughts but GN just said it all. Thanks, sis!

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'd love to be a kayfabe fly on the wall in the NXT locker room. This show is so random! :dawg: There's dark forces from the great beyond, male modls, hippies, nerds stuck in the 90's, overblown Jersey stereotypes in cheetah outfits, angry jungle hunters, Sylvester Lefort and his group of mismatched oddities, whatever Emma is, and now a singing albino lumberjack. I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Would go into my thoughts but GN just said it all. Thanks, sis!

Anytime, bro. :eek:tunga: