NXT 2012-11-28

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
cff8eb83269e5adc99d4c4ebb5aff1e9.jpg

That there is the reason I said most you pleb (love you). Jericho himself said he was bad on the stic until he got a chance to do it regularly in front of a TV crowd.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
Ziggler is miles ahead of Rollins in the mic department, he's managed to find the perfect character to suit his talking style..

Agreed. Ziggler ups his game around better mic workers, that didn't mean I thought he was a bad mic worker lol. Ofc Ziggler > Rollins in that department.

Stopspot said:
That there is the reason I said most you pleb. Jericho himself said he was bad on the stic until he got a chance to do it regularly in front of a TV crowd.

Don't compare Jericho and Rollins. Rookie IWC mistake.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Agreed. Ziggler ups his game around better mic workers, that didn't mean I thought he was a bad mic worker lol. Ofc Ziggler > Rollins in that department.

Don't compare Jericho and Rollins. Rookie IWC mistake.
I didn't meant to consciously compare them. Jericho was the one guy I could think of who has admitted to being bad on the mic at one point in his career. But it's like R'Albin also pointed out a matter of finding a promo style that suites you. Dolph found a style that makes his promos work.

Might be the fanboy in me but I like to believe that Seth can cut a good promo when pushed to it or when needed.

This one I like to think of as prime example that Seth can cut a serviceable promo when he needs to.

He'll most likely never be a Miz or Rock but if he finds that right style for his promos that is just him then I think he can be good.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
A bad Jericho > Most on the mic.

This is why I feel Rollins won't really break into the ME, his mic skills sort of let him down. I do think he has the capability to have a Jeff Hardy type career though.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
A bad Jericho > Most on the mic.

This is why I feel Rollins won't really break into the ME, his mic skills sort of let him down. I do think he has the capability to have a Jeff Hardy type career though.

I'd like to see him be around the main event but I also admit that his promos are his weak side. A Hardy career is very likely, where he is always on the card in the upper mid card, sniffing around the main event scene. Always utilized but never the top star. A more modern WWE comparison of that role could perhaps be Kofi?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah Kofi is a great comparison. A wrestler WWE completely trusts (the amount of matches he wrestles is proof of that), the guy who will take the big spots and moments at big PPV's, but will never quite break it into the main event. Rollins - like Kofi - has potential on the mic though so it's too early to rule it out completely, and Rollin has a pretty good look too. I just think a face role with the moshing gimmick is a much better way to debut him than having him play a heel, when he is quite blatantly not one.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah Kofi is a great comparison. A wrestler WWE completely trusts (the amount of matches he wrestles is proof of that), the guy who will take the big spots and moments at big PPV's, but will never quite break it into the main event. Rollins - like Kofi - has potential on the mic though so it's too early to rule it out completely, and Rollin has a pretty good look too. I just think a face role with the moshing gimmick is a much better way to debut him than having him play a heel, when he is quite blatantly not one.

Yeah I also think he should have debuted a face. But how would you have booked his debut in his face gimmick? I also understand that they wanted him on the main roster considering the time they've put into him in developmental and the trust they have in him, plus the whole being one of Trips apparent favs but I still feel like you that he would have been better served to have debuted as a babyface.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
Yeah I also think he should have debuted a face. But how would you have booked his debut in his face gimmick? I also understand that they wanted him on the main roster considering the time they've put into him in developmental and the trust they have in him, plus the whole being one of Trips apparent favs but I still feel like you that he would have been better served to have debuted as a babyface.

As I said previously, I would have him come out with the mosher gimmick in his debut. The one he currently uses in NXT. Have him be the one who challenges Wade Barrett when he takes the title off Kofi, or have him be the American to finally beat Antonio Cesaro. The latter would probably be the best as the matches would be insane - ring work is a great way for Rollins to get over - and you can have Rollins eventually beat him after getting screwed the first couple times.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
As I said previously, I would have him come out with the mosher gimmick in his debut. The one he currently uses in NXT. Have him be the one who challenges Wade Barrett when he takes the title off Kofi, or have him be the American to finally beat Antonio Cesaro. The latter would probably be the best as the matches would be insane - ring work is a great way for Rollins to get over - and you can have Rollins eventually beat him after getting screwed the first couple times.

True. And in the US an easy way to also get some easy pops and momentum is to play on America, in a feud with Cesaro Seth could hide some of his lacking mic skills behind the whole "I am the American who will finally beat you for the title" thing. Would you have him hyped in advance like they did on NXT with vignettes or have him as the mystery challenger?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Good question. I would probably go with vignettes showing his rocker-style and his great high-flying ability, and then have him debut by interrupting a Cesaro promo.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Good question. I would probably go with vignettes showing his rocker-style and his great high-flying ability, and then have him debut by interrupting a Cesaro promo.

That would probably be a safe bet. A nice twist would have been a countdown clock similar to Jericho's debut but that would hinder a guy like Seth I think more than aid him. Would be a cool way to debut but not sure if it is for a guy like him.