NXT 2012-11-28

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Time for some more of the best WWE show out there. NXT

[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvh16q_by-rulez-txn-2012-11-28-hdtv-pt1-1_tech#from=embediframe[/video]
[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvh16t_by-rulez-txn-2012-11-28-hdtv-pt1-2_tech[/video]
[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvh16y_by-rulez-txn-2012-11-28-hdtv-pt1-3_tech[/video]

Show starts with an magnificent Daniel Bryan promo :dawg:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Was cringing through that Rollins/Mahal segment, really poor work from both guys. The rest was a bit meh but the ME was awesome. McGillicutty owns.

OH AND WHERE THE HELL WERE HERO AND WYATT? :bury:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Seth has the right posture, nothing wrong with how he looks in a promo or how he holds himself but he needs better material and someone better to work with if his mic work is to be good. Same with Mahal.

Both guys seem to be the kind of guy that needs a catalyst to work with in a promo to make it good or a guy to work with that is known for stellar mic work and can push him.
Seth has cut some damn good promos but it has always been with either a good catalyst or when in a rivalry with someone who pushes him (His Ambrose rivalry in FCW for example).
But he definitely looked like a serious champion there in my opinion, also he is very over with the crowd thanks to his ring work and overall character.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Seth has the right posture, nothing wrong with how he looks in a promo or how he holds himself but he needs better material and someone better to work with if his mic work is to be good. Same with Mahal.

Both guys seem to be the kind of guy that needs a catalyst to work with in a promo to make it good or a guy to work with that is known for stellar mic work and can push him.
Seth has cut some damn good promos but it has always been with either a good catalyst or when in a rivalry with someone who pushes him (His Ambrose rivalry in FCW for example).
But he definitely looked like a serious champion there in my opinion, also he is very over with the crowd thanks to his ring work and overall character.

I don't think material is to blame, just think he is pretty poor at it overall. I agree that he needs to be the type that is carried by the heel in a promo, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Kinda like Jericho in this promo below(god I miss him)

With the crowd feeling sort of sympathetic for him, he plays that role brilliantly from the little I've seen.

Mahal is just a lost cause, he's absolute gash. Beyond his good look he has absolutely nothing going for him. Get rid double double e.

Zagreb

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
thanks for this stopspot

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Was a good show, as usual. Kane and Bryan did great as usual, we got to see a sneak peak of Curtis as Fandango and I always enjoy watching McGillicutty.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You can't blame Mahal, actually, I think Mahal was the better of the two in this for his delivery alone. Rollins shocked me, I thought his mic work had dramatically improved but this makes me slightly more anxious for his future RAW promos, which is why I guess Ambrose is leading them.

Rollins I think could flourish against Ambrose ironically enough, he seems the type who might lift his game around great promo cutters. Kinda similar to Ziggler when he cut a promo with Foley, Jericho and then against Miz on main event.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah this was the worst out of Rollins promos I've seen. Which is weird since he has improved a lot since he came to WWE. But yeah I think he is the kind of guy who needs someone to push him.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Rollins I think could flourish against Ambrose ironically enough, he seems the type who might lift his game around great promo cutters. Kinda similar to Ziggler when he cut a promo with Foley, Jericho and then against Miz on main event.

Ziggler is miles ahead of Rollins in the mic department, he's managed to find the perfect character to suit his talking style. I think the fact that those promos were with two incredible + one good mic worker is just a coincidence. They obviously add a lot to the segment, but Ziggler didn't need them as such.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The plus side of having Rollins and Reigns up on the main roster now is that they will be more around some of the top mic workers in the business than when down in developmental. That is a plus since they can pick up from these guys and learn on site. Mic skills can be taught to most wrestlers.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Mic skills can be taught to most wrestlers.

cff8eb83269e5adc99d4c4ebb5aff1e9.jpg