NWA: Rising From The Ashes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LuigiTheMan

Reaction score
Wow that is long to read! LOL anyways it was great.

Luigi

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
NWA-Logo-1.png

NWA News & Rumors

Backstage there has been alot of talk about who the NWA mystery owner really is? Some people are saying Bret Hart, Eric Bischoff and even Hulk Hogan could be calling the shots. Edge is said to be making threats to whoever it is for the NWA World Title Gauntlet match and the answer might finally come this week on "Impact"

There is alot of rumors about the possibilty of Christian Cage and The Dudleys leaving the NWA after their contracts expire at the end of the month. All we know is that the extensions are still very much being talked about. What it means for Christian's chances in the Gauntlet is anybody's guess

On "Xplosion" alot of wrestlers are complaining about Mick Foley getting maybe too personally involved in matches in his role as GM. But he is said to have the full backing of the mystery owner, who some say is encouraging Mick's actions.

There are whispers that higher ups in NWA is worried about the physical condition of Samoa Joe. They are said to not be happy about the weight he has put on and might want him to get in a little better shape

Things in Ring of Honor is heating up as Jake Hager and Chris Hero are making great strides in single competition. A tag team has also looked impressive as "The Fast and Furious" team of Go Shiozaki and BxB Hulk is often stealing the shows. It has also been rumored that Mick Foley has his eye on Necro Butcher, who remind him of himself. All four men could be debuting sometime after "Slammiversary".

NWA is said to be in contract negotations with Egyptian 2004 Gold Medalist,Karam Gaber Ibrahaim. He has superstar, Kurt Angle, as one of his biggest supporters. Angle has been on the record of wanting to compete with him the ring in a matchup between Olympic Gold Medalists. Karam is said to speak fluent English and has the personality and athletic ability to make the switch to professional wrestling.

NWA signed Mark Copani (better known as Muhammad Hassan) to a developmental contract this past week and assigned him to Ring of Honor, it is said that he is in great shape and could be called up quickly also after he shakes off the ring rust. He is said to have a big backer in Jim Ross who thought he got a raw deal with the WWE. He could be partnered up with another recent signing Hazeem Ali (Armando Estrada), who has been seen lurking around ROH looking for wrestlers to manage.

There are rumors are abound of another wave of WWE stars jumping ship to the NWA. The economic situation has hit the WWE harder then expected thanks in part to NWA's recent success. One name bantered about is very shocking

NWA presents "Slammiversary" live from Charlotte, North Carolina

The Two Day Wrestling Spectacular

Saturday

Grudge Match-Scott Steiner VS Matt Morgan w/Joey Orlando

NWA US Championship Oleg Prudius w/ Jim Cornette defends against "Kamikaze" Ken Anderson

The End- Booker T VS Sting w/Sharmell

Steel Cage The Cult (Low Ki, Shannon Moore and Age of the Fall) VS The Lethal Combination (Jay Lethal, Austin Creed, Elijah Burke and Human Tornado)

Parking Lot Brawl-The Hooligans (Nigel McGuiness & Paul Burchill) VS The Dudleys

CMLL World Title Match Mistico defends against Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Carlito

Triple Crown World Title Match Sean O'Haire defends against The Great Muta

Tornado Tag Abyss & Vampiro VS Matt Bloom & Ekmo w/James Mitchell

X-Division World Title "Survival of the Fittest" (Whoever picks up the most wins in 30 minutes wins)

Jeff Hardy defends against Chris Jericho, Kofi Kingston, Samoa Joe, Rob Van Dam, and AJ Styles

Sunday

NWA TV Title-Ladder Match CM Punk defends against Rey Mysterio and Christopher Daniels

GHC World Title Match Takeshi Morishima defends against Bryan Danielson

GHC World Tag TitlesMotor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries) defends against the Hart Attack (Teddy Hart & DH Smith) and The Briscoe Brothers

(All 3 members of the Motor City Machine Guns are legal)

Who's the Best NWA World Tag Champs "The Beautiful People" (Johnny Superstar & Frankie Hollywood) w/Angelina Love & Velvet Sky VS X-Division Tag Champs, LAX w/Salinas

Grudge Match Brian Kendrick w/Jack Evans against former partner, Matty Sydal

Number One Contender for X-Title Gregory Helms w/Larry Sweeney VS Matt Hardy

NWA World Title "Gauntlet Match" (ANY ex-NWA World Heavyweight Champion is able to compete. Each opponent will have 5 minutes to be the man in the ring. The last man standing at the end of the Gauntlet is the champion.

Confirmed Competitors (Order to be determined)

Edge (champion)
Christian Cage
Kurt Angle
Sean O'Haire
John Layfield
Sting
Jeff Jarrett
Randy Orton
Abyss

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I missed alot in this BTB man, and I am very sorry about it... I got busy this past days and I failed to read the past shows.

I've read the news and rumors and so does the big Slammiversary card and I say I do really missed alot. There are some things that I really get interested in your news thing... Who in the hell is the owner of NWA? I think he could make a big impact when he reveals himself in the future (hopes after Slammiversary) Seeing Hassan and Estrada will be totally off the hook, they could be the next big heel in NWA lol... Slammiversary is totally awesome man! I just wish I could give you a review for it... See ya around!

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
NWA-Impact-Logo.png

(This week's show is live from Richmond, Virginia as NWA is on the road to "Slammiversary". A video package is shown of the last couple of week's action concerning the NWA World Title situation. Now being only 8 days away things are bound to heat up.)

Ross:(shouting)"Welcome everyone to this week's NWA Thursday Night Impact. We are only 8 days away from the biggest pay per view of the year "Slammiversary" and we have a blockbuster show for ya tonight."

King:(kissing ass)"Right you are, JR. The NWA is buzzing with excitement over this NWA World Title gauntlet match. We have seen the returns of Randy Orton and John Layfield the last couple of weeks to throw their hats in the ring so to speak. Who will be next?

Ross:"Well King, by the stipulation of the match, ANY former NWA World Champion can compete. All he has to do is show up at "Slammiversary" ready to compete. I guess we could see Harley Race or even Ricky Steamboat if they wanted to."

King:" I just wished I could have won the NWA World Title sometime in my career, I would take advantage of this situation. But I know our NWA World Champion, Edge, isn't happy about this situation"

(On cue. the music of the World Champion, Edge, plays throughout the arena and is met by the hostile response of the fans. Edge looks like he hasn't slept all week as he comes to ring with the championship belt draped over his shoulder)

Ross:"Speak of the devil. Edge looks a little worse for wear here tonight."

King"You're right about JR. It seems that this gauntlet match laid out by our mystery owner has really gotten to the champ."

(Edge has the mic as the commentators become silent. Before he can speak, the crowd gives him a loud "Edge Sucks" chant)

Edge:"Oh, that's original!" (The chants get louder)"But what can I expect from a crowd from Richmond, Virginia, it's not like you guys are the smartest bunch of people."

(The crowd is incredibly loud as the champ smirks in the ring)

Edge:"I came out here this week, not to speak to any of you. I came out this week to talk about this injustice.....The injustice which is this Gauntlet match at "Slammiversary".

(Edge pauses as the crowd boos him some more)

Edge: "How can a champion rightfully prepare for his match when he has no idea who is opponents could be. Right now I have 8 wrestlers signed up for this matchup, but how many more could be in it come "Slammiverasry"? 10? 12? No champion has ever faced these kinds of odd. NOBODY!

(crowd cheers as Edge starts to have a meltdown)

Edge:"Too top it all off, the man behind this injustice, is a mystery also. Our new NWA owner hasn't even showed his face. He just sends down these messengers with announcements. What kind of man does that?

(Edge pauses as he pulls his hair back out of his face as he tries to stay in control)

Edge:" I demand that next week, 3 days from "Slammiversary", that our owner finally reveals himslef. I want to see the COWARD face to face or I'll not compete at "Slammiversary". Yes, that's right. You can strip me of the World Title before the biggest pay per view of the year. You can have your Gauntlet match without your biggest star, the one that people pay to see. I imagine that will go over real well with the NWA fans huh.

(The crowd cheers for the thought of Edge giving up the title)

Edge:" I'll be here next week to either meet the owner face to face or to vacate my title. The choice is yours.

(Edge leaves the ring as the crowd boos him on his way to the back)

Ross: (flabbergasteed)"The World Champion has gave a ultimatium to the NWA owner. He wants to finally have the owner divulge his indentity or he is going to give up the World Title before "Slammiversary"

King:(sounding like this is the worst thing ever) "We can't have the biggest pay per view of the year without the World Champion...Can we? Edge, I think is losing it and wants some answers and I hope for the good of the NWA fans that the owner will show up next week to face Edge."

(A commercial runs for "Slammiversary" showcasing the facts of it being a 2-day event and that 5 World Titles from around the world will be defended at the event. Loud cheers are given for the NWA World Title Gauntlet Match and the NWA X-Division World Title 6 man "Survival of the Fittest" match schedule as the two main events.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(When we return from break, we see last week's surprise winner, Joey Orlando standing in the ring. His upset over Scott Steiner (with help from Matt Morgan) has outraged the "Genetic Freak" who asked for this match to set the record straight)

(Steiner's music hits and he is all business coming to the ring. He is doing no posing and makes a beeline to the ring and for Orlando)

Match One

Scott Steiner VS Joey Orlando

Summary

Steiner bullrushes Orlando in the corner and chops away viciously at the underdog's chest. The last blow finally sends Orlando to the mat. Steiner doesn't let up as he throws Orlando around the ring like a rag doll. He unleashes his whole arsenals of suplexes and slams and mocks Orlando and the crowd as he does it. Steiner goes for pin attempts but pulls up Orlando himself just to inflict more punishment. The referee warns Steiner who just tells him to shut up. Steiner picks up the rookie and places him on the top rope as it looks like he is setting him for a bonebreaking belly to belly but the crowd goes wild as Steiner's "Slammiversary" opponent, Matt Morgan appears. Steiner gets down from the second rope as he shouts at Morgan, who starts to make his way to the ring. The crowd is buzzing as the two are finally ready to throw down. As Morgan is steps on the apron, Steiner is prepared to take the seven footer on but suddenly Steiner is rolled up in a small package. Steiner is stunned as the referee counts to three and Orlando comes out the winner two week in a row.

Winner

Joey Orlando

(Steiner is beside himself as he has been embarrassed two weeks in a row. Orlando quickly rolls out of the ring and is greeted by Morgan on the outside. Morgan raises the hand of the rookie as he laughs at the tantrum throwing, Steiner in the ring)

Ross:"What a two weeks for this rookie, Joey Orlando. Back to back wins over Scott Steiner is quite an accomplishment for anyone.

King:"But you have to give assists to Matt Morgan also JR. But all these antics could come back to haunt Morgan come "Slammiversary". Steiner is a dangerous man and even more so when he is upset like this.

(We see a video of the ending of last week's Impact showcasing the RKO on Kurt Angle and the unexpected return of former World Champion, John Layfield, and his Clothsline from Hell on the unexpected Christian Cage. We then return to the backstage area where cameras have caught up with tag team partners in tonight's main event...John Layfield and Randy Orton)

Orton:(nose to nose with Layfield)"Listen here, John, I don't like this arrangement anymore then you do but tonight we are partners. We have the chance to take out Kurt Angle and Christian Cage here tonight before "Slammiversary". If we can work together we can only help ourselves. You are a successful buisnessman, you understand making deals even if you don't like them to get the job done"

(Orton stares intensely at Layfield, who rubs his chin as he mulls it over)

Layfield:"Who the hell do you think you are? I'm the one that brought you here to the NWA. Don't you remember that? You and Edge was unemployed, on the street when I offered the two of you the jobs to help ME takeover the NWA but you failed, DIDN"T YOU!"

(Orton hangs his head in shame at the words but quickly snaps out of it as he is now fuming at Layfield's comments. He looks ready to strike as Layfield continues)

Layfield:"You said one thing that made sense and that was that I am a great businessman. And the one thing great businessmen know is to not make the same mistake twice. You were a bad investment last year when I brought you in, I'm not investing anymore in you. I'm putting my money to better use"

(Layfield laughs and walks away leaving Orton confused about what the hell Layfield means)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back and are shown videos of what happened last week between The Hooligans and The Dudleys. The brawl between McGuinness & Burchill and The Dudleys spilled over into the crowd as both teams were counted out. Earlier this week, it was announced that the teams will be facing off at "Slammivesary" and the match for tonight was made)

(Music hits as Paul Burchill appears, ready for action along with his partner, Nigel McGuinness. They recevie a mixed ovation from the crowd as their smashmouth style has garnered a fanbase)

(Music hits as Brother Ray and Brother D-Von appear to the roar of the crowd. We see that Ray is ready for the matchup as the two make their way to ringside)

Match Two

Brother Ray VS Paul Burchill

Summary

Both partners stay out at ringside as the two men meet up in the center of the ring. After a brief stalemate as they feel each other out, Burchill catches Ray with a swift knee lift to the gut. Burchill takes early control after ramming the face of Dudley into the turnbuckles. Surprisingly, Burchill tries to make a more techincal affair instead of a brawl. He showcases solid wrestling skills as he tries to keep Dudley on the mat. By the minute, you can see Ray getting frustrated as he is unable to brawl like he loves to do. Finally after a standing armbar by Burchill, Ray gets an opportunity as he connects on right hands to break the hold. Ray then catches Burchill with a high backdrop and goes on a brawling roll. He finally clothslines Burchill over the top to where D-Von is. D-Von gets a couple of shots on his own as Ray distracts the referee before Nigel can get over to help. Nigel helps Burchill to his feet and gets him back into the ring before he chases after D-Von. The referee is watching the action outside the ring as he yells at Nigel and D-Von to stop on the outside. Ray comes over to the injured Burchill and pulls him up only to catch an uppercut to the jaw. Ray falls back like a ton of bricks as we a pair of brass knuckles around the fist of Burchill. He slips them back into his trunks as he yells at the ref to make the cover.

Winner

Paul Burchill

(D-Von doesn't know what happened as he rolls into the ring to check on his brother. A replay shows Nigel handing the brass knucks over to Burchill as he helped to get back into the ring. The crowd doesn't know how to react as the Brits get some cheers as they make their way up the ramp.)

Ross: "It looks like this has gone to the next level. These two teams I think had a lot of respect for each other but I think that has flew out the window now."

King:"The Hooligans have never said they were good guys, JR. They got one over on the Dudleys here tonight and they have grabbed the momentum going into "Slammiversary".

(We go somewhere in the back as reporter, Torrie Wilson is in some part of the backstage area with Abyss. who is sunken into a far corner.)

Torrie:"Abyss...Ahhhh!"

(She screams as she walks through a cobweb and tries to get it out of her hair. She regains his composure and starts again.)

Torrie:"Like I was saying, Abyss, these past weeks you have seen men lining up to take you out. Your ex-manager first enlisted your old friend, Vampiro, then he went to Japan and brought in Matt Bloom and now he has acquired the services of the 400 pound Samoan Savage, Ekmo. It looks like he won't rest until you are gone. What do you have to say about that?"

(Abyss is shaking in the corner but remains silent to Torrie's questions. After a few moments of silence, Torrie tries to touch Abyss on the shoulder but it sets Abyss off into a rampage. Abyss gets up and starts tossing objects around and finally grabs Torrie by her hair as she tries to run away. Abyss turns around to face her. You can see that Torrie is scared by the look on her face as Abyss actions are unknown. Abyss rears back a big fist as it looks like he is gonna punch Torrie in the face but the arm is grabbed by someone. As Abyss quickly turns around, he comes face to face with his old partner, Vampiro. The two stare at each other eye to eye.)

Vampiro:"We need to talk"

(Vampiro turns around to leave and Abyss follows him out, they leave a shaken, Torrie Wilson behind as she tries to pull herself together)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back to see, Antonio Banks has taken a seat in the crowd. He has been out injured since "Final Resolution" after the beatdown by Kurt Angle. A few people around him shake his hand but the look on Banks face is nothing but seriousness.)

Ross:"I got word earlier today that Antonio Banks failed his physcial and wasn't cleared to wrestle here tonight and he won't be able to take place in "Slammiversary" either. So it looks like he has bought a ticket instead to watch the action live here tonight.

King:" I don't know JR, that look on his way makes me think he is here for more then just taking in the show.

(Music hits as Beer Money makes the way to the ring with Ted Dibiase Jr. with them. The mystery of "The Company" and "The Boss" continues as Dibaise has last minute instructions to the team before the bell rings. It looks like Beer Money has taken Dibiase up on his offer last week)

(We are shown a video of LAX arriving to Impact last week to challenge the NWA World Tag Team Champions, The Beautiful People only to be sneak attacked by them instead. We see what shape Homicide, Hernandez and even Salinas was left in)

(The music hits as the NWA World Tag Team Champions, The Beautiful People arrive to the boos of the crowd. Johnny Superstar, Frankie Hollywood, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky strike their signature poses before walking down the ramp. They saunter down to ringside but then the crowd roars unexpectly. The Beautiful People smile thinking it's for them. Suddenly, Superstar and Hollywood are down as LAX has came out and are beating the down with a baseball and chain respectfully. Love and Sky run off as Salinas chases them with a steel pipe in her hand. The beatdown continues as Beer Money and Dibiase walks by not getting into the action. Hollywood and Superstar are both busted open as Hernandez now has the chain wrapped around the neck of Hollywood and throws him over the guard rail. Finally security comes out and pulls LAX, who has got their revenge and then some after last week)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back to the lockeroom of Booker T who is their with backstage reporter, Christy Hemme. He is sitting on a stool as Hemme waits for him to speak)

Booker::"Christy, I asked you to come back here for a reason and this is because I want to address the situation between my wife Sharmell and I."

(It seems that he is having a hard time with talking about this and Hemme is concerned and whispers something to Booker. Whatever is said infuriates Booker as he jumps off and grabs the mic.)

Booker:" GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

(Christy runs off as it is a bad night to be a backstage interviewerer)

Booker:"Everybody wants to be up in Booker's business. My wife is cheating on me with my good friend, Sting but everybody hates Booker. And now she is trying to take everything Booker has. She wants my home, my car and even my dog. Booker isn't no sucka. I'm not going to let you run off with Sting and live on my dime. It's not gonna down like that. So I have a proposal, since you, Sharmell since you and Sting are such "close" friends, how about you trust him with your life. I say at "Slammiversary" it's Booker T VS Sting. If I win I get everything we have and you leave with what you came in with and that's NOTHING. I also get Sting's invitation for the Gauntlet Match from him. If somehow by a fluke, Sting beats me again I'll walk away with nothing, you can have it all Sharmell. Hell, I'll leave Impact too. It's come down to ALL OR NOTHING!

(We go back to ringside with the annoucners)

Ross:" I for one think this whole situation has gotten out of hand. I don't think nothing ever happened with Sharmell and Sting and Booker has dreamed this all up in his head. I think he has lost his mind, King. Jealously can drive a man crazy."

King:"We really don't know what has happened between Sharmell and Sting so I'm not going to comment on that but both Sharmell and Sting isn't here this week, so that makes me a little suspicious. It will be interesting next week to see what kind of response this will get from the Stinger."

(Music hits as James Mitchell comes out by himself, He doesn't look happy as his team is fighting amongst themselves instead of focusing on taking out Abyss. The crowd boos as Mitchell waits for this match to get over with)

(Music hits as Matt Bloom appears on the ramp. He comes down and gets an earful from Mitchell but doesn't seem to pay much attention to his manager as he looks very focused.)

(Music hits as the 400 pounder "Samoan Savage" Ekmo appears and charges down the ramps. Mitchell tries to console his other protege but it falls on deaf ears as he stares through Mitchell only wanting a piece of Bloom)

Match Three

Matt Bloom VS Ekmo

Summary

The two giants meet in the center of the ring as Ekmo screams and slap himself daring Bloom to attack. After a series of shoulder blocks with no effect, Bloom is floored by a uppercut thrust by Ekmo who then takes control. The Savage is relentless as he hooks in a nerve hold and after the break by the ref, he chokes Bloom with the middle rope only to end it with 400 pounds crashing down on Bloom's back. Bloom is in trouble as Ekmo gives a primal yell and with a headbutt sends Bloom to the outside. Mitchell tries to stop both men from doing anymore punishment but it's ignored as Ekmo follows Bloom to the outside. There Bloom gets the advantage as he moves out ot the way of a charging Ekmo and he crashes into the steel steps. Bloom continues inflicting pain on the outside before rolling Ekmo back into the ring. Bloom takes control with power moves, even giving Ekmo a shocking powerslam. Bloom calls for the Baldo Bomb as he sets up Ekmo only to be unable to pick up the Samoan up. It looks like his back has given out as he slumps to the mat in pain holding it. The referee asks Bloom if he is okay as Mitchell is concerned also as he runs over to the corner as Bloom is on his knees in pain. Ekmo though is unphased as he pushes the ref out of the way and snags Bloom up as he shouts in pain. He picks up Bloom and throws him up and catches him in a Samoan Drop. Bloom is done as the referee counts to three.

Winner

Ekmo

( Ekmo looks to celebrate with Mitchell but he is more worried about Bloom's condition. The ref calls for EMTs to come out as Bloom has been motionless since the move. They get Bloom loaded up on a stretcher with a neckbrace on as the crowd has became silent. They roll Bloom to the back leaving Umaga in the ring with Mitchell. Mitchell turns around and screams in the face of the "Samoan Savage" before finally slapping him across the face. At first it seems that Ekmo will attack Mitchell but he hangs his head in shame and follows Mitchell out of the ring like a pet)

(Video is shown of Triple Crown Champion, Sean O'Haire and his challenger, The Great Muta. It is then announced that both men will be in action next week on "Impact" as a warm up for their match at "Slammiversary".

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back to the backstage area as we see tag team partners for tonight, Kurt Angle and Christian as they talk their gameplan for tonight. They are joined by their fellow Gauntlet opponent, Jeff Jarrett)

Jarrett:"What's going on guys?"

(The other two acknowledge Jarrett, but they seem puzzled why he has showed up in the lockeroom)

Angle:"What do you want, Jarrett?"

Jarrett:"I just came by to wish you guys the best of luck on your match tonight. I have as much riding on this match as you guys."

Christian:"We all know your track history, Jarrett. Right now, you have the fans cheering for you but everybody knows that you will still do anything to become NWA World Champion again."

Jarrett:(chuckling) "I'm not going to deny that, Cage. But I just want to warn you guys that Layfield and Orton are gunning to take you two out and hearing what Layfield had to say earlier, that boy has something up his sleeves for ya. I'm just here to tell ya guys if you need me, I'll be out there, if you guys need me."

Angle:"Why are you so eager to help us, huh? Why wouldn't you just sit back and watch us getting taken out. It will only help YOUR chances at "Slammiversary" if there were two less wrestlers competing."

Jarrett:"The only thing I care more about winning the NWA World Title is that Edge doesn't walk out the champ."

(With that Jarrett leaves the lockeroom as Angle and Christian thinks about his intentions)

Ross:"An interesting turn of events with Jarrett offering his help if needed to two of his opponents at "Slammiversary". It seems that Jarrett is more focused with Edge not walking out with the title then him actually winning it himself.

King:"I have known Jeff Jarrett since he started this business and these past few months feuding with Edge has really gotten under his skin. I think Jeff has nothing but hatred for Edge and what Edge stands for. Edge certainly has it work cut out for himself at "Slammiversary"

(Music hits as Finlay makes his way to the ring. He is met by boos from the crowd as the Irishman makes his way with shillegah in hand.)

(The crowd erupts as "Kamikaze" Ken Anderson's music plays and the former U.S. Champion appears on the ramp. His pyros goes off as Anderson strikes a pose to the joy of the crowd. Anderson looks serious as he wants to go his rematch with Oleg Prudius for the US Title with some momentum.)

Match Four

Ken Anderson VS Finlay

Summary

Finlay tries to start the match before the bell with a sneak attack on Anderson while he is posing for the crowd but Anderson sidesteps it as Finlay crashes in the corner. Anderson takes control with a serious of jabs followed by a clothsline. Anderson locks in an armbar and wrenches it in as the pain is obvious on the face of Finlay. The crowd starts booing as the camera goes to the ramp as we the US champion, Oleg Prudius with his manager, Jim Cornette making their way to ringside. Anderson lets go of Finlay and starts a war of words with Cornette as Oleg stands behind Jim staring blankly at Anderson. As Anderson is distracted. Finlay comes from behind with a double ax handle to the back of the head of Ken. Finlay thanks to the distraction takes control of the match. He uses his mat prowless as he stretches and pulls Anderson in ways that shouldn't be allowed, Cornette loves it as he mouths Anderson continually while Prudius stands emotionless behind him. Finlay whips Anderson in the ropes but misses with a clothsline, Anderson comes back off and catches Finlay with a body press for a near fall. Anderson seems to take control as he comes off the rope but catches a tennis racket to the back from Cornette on the floor. The referee misses the shot as Finlay pounces quickly and tries to set up Anderson for the Celtic Cross. Anderson though wiggles free and as Finlay turns around and catches the "Mic Check".
Anderson covers him for the win.

Winner

Ken Anderson

Cornette is disgusted as he turns around and talks to Prudius but before they know it, Anderson has climbed to the top and springs off with a Kenton Bomb, sending Cornette crashing into Prudius as both men hit the barricades. Anderson gets up and poses to the crowd as they go wild. He makes a gesture of the belt around his waist as he taunts the fallen duo as we go to commerical.

COMMERICAL BREAK

(We come back from commerical and are shown another commerical for "Slammiversary" with a rundown of the two-day card. Ross and Lawler recaps the events of tonight show as we gear up for the main event)

(Music hits as Randy Orton and John Layfield are met with a chorus of boos from the capacity crowd. The duo seems to not be on the same page as Layfield gives Orton a funny look as Orton strikes his signature pose on the ramp. Layfield leaves him in disgust and starts to the ring alone. Orton follows staring a hole in the back of Layfield's head)

(Music hits as Kurt Angle and Christian comes out to the opposite ovation from the crowd. The two seem to be together tonight as they are more in sync then their counterparts. As they come to the ring the appearance of Angle has gotten the attention of Antonio Banks at ringisde. The two men exchange a look that could kill before Angle turns his attention on the match tonight)

Main Event

John Layfied & Randy Orton VS Kurt Angle & Christian Cage

Summary

After a brief discussion, Orton and Angle start off the match for their two teams. Orton is ready for the quickness of Angle as Kurt shoots in and take his legs out. After a quck go behind, Angle paintbrushes Orton on the back of the head and laughs as he waits for Orton to get back up. Orton is happy with being embarrassed and is even more angry when he realizes Layfield is laughing also. Orton is determined as he comes in wildly toward Angle, who dodges the attack and locks in Orton and sends him across the ring with a released belly to back suplex. Once again Layfield laughs at his partner but Orton has had enough as he tags Layfield and asks him if he can do better.

Layfield and Orton exchange words and Layfield doesn't realize Angle's is there until he has Layfield up and Angle Slams him. Luckily the momentum carries Layfied under the bottom rope and onto the floor. Orton is the one laughing now as he tries to help his partner to his feet, he is met though by a shove from Layfield as the relationship between the two has rosen to a boiling point. In the meantime. Angle has made a tag to Chrisitan who is patiently awaiting Layfield's return.

Layfield finally gets back into the ring as he takes the nine count to regroup. Cage and Angle keep control, with a series of double team moves. Orton laughs at his partner's misfortunes as finally Angle allows Layfield to make a tag to get another piece of Orton for himself.

Orton gets back in the ring but this time gets the jump on Angle with a vicioius uppercut to the chin of Angle. After a devasting neckbreaker, Orton locks in a chinlock as finally they have gained control. Layfield yells for a tag but Orton just mouths him as he hits a standing dropkick on Angle. Orton goes over to argue with Layfield who smacks him in the face. The referee calls it as a tag as Layfield climbs in the ring. The two standoff with each other before the ref finally gets Orton to the outside. Layfield realizes Angle is about to Christian and stops the tag attempt with moreless a tackle on Angle.

Layfield works over Angle some more with a serious of elbows to his head in the corner. After a bodyslam, Layfield gets a near fall. As Angle lays on the mat, Layfield waits to deliver the "Clothsline from Hell". Angle finally rises but ducks the attempt and counters with a belly to back of his own. He gets to his corner and makes the hot tag to Christian.

Christian comes in and levels Layfield with a clothsline and gives a right to Orton sending him off the apron for good measure. As the referee looks over and checks Orton condition, Antonio Banks jump over the barricade and attacks Angle on the outside. Angle doesn't know what has hit him as Banks is hell bent on gaining revenge. He finally hits a running boot on Angle sandwiching his head between the boot and the steel steps. Angle is out motionless as Cage is trying get Layfield turned around for the Unprettier.

Layfield's size is too much for Cage to handle as he is able to pull the lighter man to the ropes to get the break. Cage now finally sees Angle laid out on the outside and knows he is on his own. He turns around right into the CLOTHSLINE FROM HELL. The blow sends Cage almost in to a complete flip as Layfield picks up the win.

Winner

John Layfield & Randy Orton

(Layfield celebrates in the ring as the crowd boos the outcome. Layfield is so proud of himself that he hasn't noticed the return of Orton to the ring. As Layfield turns around he catches a RKO! Orton looks devious as he looks all 3 fallen men as he slinks out of the ring. A smile creeps over the face of Orton as he backups the ramp. He doesn't notice that three men have come out of the back. Orton is blindsided by Beer Money and Ted Dibiase Jr. as he tumbles down in the heap. The trio kick the stuffing of Orton until finally Storm bashes a beer bottle over his head, busting Orton wide open. With Orton out the trio head to the ring and help Layfield up as it comes apparent that Layfield is "The Boss" of "The Company". The four men stand proud in the ring as Layfield seems happy with his new investment."

Ross:"It looks like one mystery has been solved as Layfield must be the so-called "Boss" that Dibiase has been talking about the past few weeks. I would say this could make Layfield the favorite in the Gauntlet Match."

King"Could, JR? I think this definately puts Layfield in the driver's seat going into "Slammiversary". Whenever you have 3 men you will do your bidding, the sky's the limit. Every other competitior in the match better have eyes in the back of their heads."

(The camera cuts to the back as we the World Champion, Edge, beside himself as he has watched the main event on a television in the back. Edge seems disgusted as he gets up to leave his lockeroom and head home. As he opens the door, a loud thud is heard as broken wood appears everywhere. Edge falls back into the room with a BROKKEN GUITAR around his head. As Edge is laid out we finally see Jeff Jarrett appear in the camera view, standing over the champion.

Jarrett:"CHOKE ON THAT, SLAP NUTS"

(The show ends with the image of the laid out champion, Edge laying in the shambles of the broken guitar)

I've been inactive in this section the last couple of weeks but I think I have returned all my reviews. If I missed a review please pm me and I will get one to you ASAP. For new readers, I do review for review.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
NWA Impact Review

Edge promo- Some real good heel stuff from Edge here. I would say that this was perfectly in character. This gauntlet match sounds interesting. Promo of the night.

Steiner vs. Orlando- This is a good way to bring in a new wrestler and give him a push. Hopefully you do more with Orlando than just have him be a random jobber. One thing that came to mind for me was that Steiner vs. Morgan would be an awful match in real life.

JBL/Orton promo- A little short, but it got right to the point.

Ray vs. Burchill- This was a good match. It had a little technical wrestling, but it was mostly a brawl, which was what I was expecting. The ending with the brass knuckles was a nice touch to cement the heelness of the British team.

Torrie/Abyss/Vampiro promo- Hmm... this seems like a cool angle.

LAX attack- Nice little brawl. I like how you turned the Beautiful People into an entire faction. Here LAX were the badasses that they should be.

Booker promo- Sharmell is cheating with Sting? LOL The promo itself was good, but the story just makes me laugh.

Bloom vs. Emko- This match never really clicked for me. It was just two big dudes hitting each other, nothing more. I am confused as to why this match happened.

Angle/Jarret/Christian promo- It was good, but it was a little hard to tell who was heel or if they were all face.

Anderson vs. Finlay- A face Kennedy or Anderson isn't something that you see a lot of in BTB's, but I think you make it work. This has been the best match of the night so far.

Main Event- It was a good match, but no one really came out of it looking strong to me. The heels controled most of the match, but they still needed help to win. The action in the match was good and this had great psychology. I would say that this was better than any other match on the show.

After match stuff- The company sounds like an awesome faction. Edge getting attacked was a nice way to end the show. Also whenever anybody says slap nuts it makes me laugh.

Final Thoughts- This was an enjoyable show. The Edge promo was a hot way to start the show, but then I'd say the show really slowed down until the Anderson vs. Finlay match. The undercard matches wern't the best, but they were well written. Your promos are your strong suit for sure. So to sum things up, good show and I'll keep reading.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
NWA-Logo-1.png

NWA Xplosion

(This week's episode is live from Raleigh, North Carolina as we are only 3 days away from "Slammiversary". The crowd is stoked as the pyros go off and the show starts. We go ringside to the announce team of Mike Tenay and Xplosion GM Mick Foley.)

Tenay:(excited)"Welcome everyone, this is XPLOSION! The hottest wrestling program on television today. I'm Mike Tenay along with my announcing partner, "The Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley and we are set to bring you some great action tonight."

Foley(agreeing)"You are so right, Tenay. Tonight, in our main event I have set up a 15 man "Slammiversary" preview Battle Royal. Everybody wanted a piece of the opponent come this weekend, so I figured I would give everybody what they wanted and put them all in a match together.

(The crowd pops for that announcement)

Tenay(screaming now)"We also will have TWO World Heavyweight Champions facing off in a one on one match up as GHC World Champion, Takeshi Morishima, will face off with CMLL World Heavyweight Champion, Mistico. Our fans will get a sneak preview of what these two can do in the ring before this weekend."

Foley"They both flew in early for this weekend and showed up here at the arena early this morning. So I got on the phone and called their respective promotions and schedule the match for tonight. I really wanted some special for our fans here in Raleigh, North Carolina."

(Music fills the arena as AJ Styles interrupts the announcers. The smug, Styles has something to say before his shot at the X-Division World Title this weekend in "The Survival of the Fittest Match" this Saturday. The fans are letting him feel the heat as he enters the ring.)

Styles:"For all you fans that don't know, my name is AJ STYLES! (heat) and after this Saturday at "Slammiversary", you can call me CHAMP!"

(The camera zooms in on Styles, who has a cocky smirk on his face while the crowd boos him out of the building)

Styles" I once ruled "Xplosion" as the greatest X-Division World Champion in history and I plan on doing it again."

(heat)

Styles"You fans boo me because you know it's true. Who is going to stop "The Phenomenal One"? There isn't anyone in the match that can do the things that I can do in this ring. They would have a hard enough time with me in a regular match but NO ONE can last 30 minutes with ME and not lose. I plan on getting the most wins in the time period and walking out the champ and their is nothing anyone can do to stop me."

(Music hits as "The Jamaican Sensation" Kofi Kingston comes to shut-up the arrogant, AJ Styles. He hits the ring and the two go at it. Kofi quickly hits his "Trouble in Paradise" after avoiding the Styles' attack. Styles exits the ring, shaking off the effects of the move. Kofi celebrates in the ring as we go to commercial.)

-----COMMERCIAL BREAK

(A replay is show of what happened between Kofi and Styles before the break)

Tenay"What a way to kick off the show! AJ came out proclaiming to be the best and Kofi comes out and thankfully, shuts him up."

Foley:"This isn't over as both men will be in the Battle Royal later tonight. But I think Kofi has made a statement to the other 5 men, that he is a serious threat come Saturday."

Tenay:"Last week I sat down with three of the competitors for the World Title and this week I sat down with the other three to get their take on their chances this Saturday at "Slammiversary. This is the first interview as I sat down with Samoa Joe"

(We cut to a backstage interview set where only two chairs are setup against a black background. Tenay is sitting across from Samoa Joe)

Tenay:"Joe, I first like to thank you for sitting down with me. I know that you took time away from your training to do this. (Joe just stares intensely at Tenay). My first question for you is, Who do you find as the biggest threat in this match up?"

Joe:"Well Mike, I don't find anybody a threat in this match. I will be the biggest and toughest man in the ring this Saturday and nobody is able to survive thirty minutes of the pain that I can inflict."

Tenay:"It is interesting that you talk about the thirty minutes because there has been a lot of discussion that you might not be able to go that long. People are saying that you might be out of shape and that is the reason that you haven't been able to defeat Jeff Hardy. They say you just run out of gas, so to speak."

Joe"WHO IN THE HELL TOLD YOU THAT?"

(Joe gets up and tosses the chair aside and gets in Tenay's face. Tenay is still sitting but you can see that he is scared as Joe hovers over him, very angry. Tenay can't even answer the question.)

Joe"THIS SUNDAY EVERYBODY WILL SEE WHAT SAMOA JOE CAN REALLY DO!"

(Joe stares almost sadistically at the camera as the segment ends. We return to the ring)

Foley:(laughing)"It looks like you barely made it out of that interview alive, Tenay. You should you never ask anybody about their weight. That is a sensitive subject for some people. Trust me, I know."

Tenay:"I was just asking the question that has been on the minds of a lot of people. It has seemed that the last six months or so, Joe has packed on some weight and I think it has effected his in-ring performance. I wasn't expecting that he would get so upset."

Foley:"I think Tenay, you just gave Samoa Joe his biggest motivation for this weekend and his opponents better be careful."

(Music hits as the crowd don't know what it is until David Penzer announces the name and the GHC World Champion, Takeshi Morishima appears to a chorus of boos. The baby-faced big man gets to the ring and awaits his opponent.)

(The crowd erupts as the CMLL World Heavyweight Champion, Mistico comes shooting out of the back. Mistico is very joyful with the crowd as he slaps hands with the fans on his way to the ring. He flips over the top rope and perches on the top turnbuckle to the roar of the crowd)

(We get quick shots from the back as we see Bryan Danielson, Carlito and Chavo all in their respective locker rooms, scouting their "Slammiversary" opponents on monitors.)

Match One (Recap)

Takeshi Morishima VS Mistico

This match up saw two drastic wrestling styles as the 300-pound GHC World Heavyweight Champion, Morishima took on the high-flying Luchadore sensation the CMLL World Heavyweight Champion, Mistico.

The early part of the match was dominated by the smaller, Mistico. He stayed a step ahead of the bigger Takeshi using a hit and run style dominated with kicks and springboard moves. This halted at about the five minute mark when Mistico went to the well one too many times and was caught by Morishima while attempting a moonsault off the turnbuckle. Morishima then put on a power display as he more less threw Mistico around like a rag doll, hitting with numerous suplexes and slams. Mistico regained the upper hand after Morishima missed with a big boot in the corner. As Morishima's leg was caught up in the turnbuckle, Mistico hit a devastating enzuiguri kick almost knocking Takeshi out. As Morishima staggered to his feet, still feeling the effects of the kick, Mistico soared off the top turnbuckle. Morishima shocked the crowd and Mistico by catching him by the neck, Morishima signaled for a the end and hit The Amaze Impact for the three count.

Winner: Takeshi Morishima via pin fall

Tenay:"What an impressive match by the two international stars and an even more impressive finisher by Morishima, I hope Bryan Danielson got a good look at that in the back."

Foley:"Bryan is definitely going to have his hands full this weekend, trying to take that title away from Morishima but I think Chavo and Carlito have to be worried a little themselves about Mistico. That style of his, is something a lot of wrestlers will have trouble with. I also think Morishima's size was the biggest factor in the outcome. Chavo and Carlito don't have that luxury over the CMLL champ."

-----COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back from commercial to the the locker room of the X-Division World Champion, Jeff Hardy who is joined by his brother, Matt as they are ready for an interview with Jeremy Borash)

Borash"I'm back here with the X-Division World Champion, Jeff Hardy and his brother, Matt. Gentleman, you both have serious challenges this week at "Slammiversary". We all know Jeff about your match but your brother, Matt is facing Gregory Helms for the a shot at the title next week on "Xplosion....."

Matt:" Yeah, yeah, yeah, We know where you are trying to get at. That me and Jeff could be competing against each other next week if we both win at "Slammiversary". Everybody wants to know what will happen. I just know that I will try my hardest to beat Jeff if it comes down to it."

Borash"How does that make you feel, Jeff. Knowing that your own brother is even gunning for your championship?

Jeff:"I have no problem with my brother wanting my title, I would be a little ashamed of him if he didn't. But wanting it and winning it are two different things. (Matt seems a little put off by the comments). I have no doubt that next week, you will see the first ever Hardy VS Hardy, World Title match and tonight, who knows? you might see a little preview in the Battle Royal later tonight."

(The brothers go back to getting ready for tonight as Borash sends it back to the ring)

Tenay:"Some interesting comments by the Hardys. It would be an interesting match next week if the both Hardys end up winning this weekend>"

Foley"It's hard enough being the champ with everyone after your title but I can't imagine being the champ and having your own brother going for it too. I think a little bit of Jeff Hardy might be pulling for Gregory Helms in the match up with Matt Hardy."

Tenay:(shocked)"You really think that Jeff would want Helms to come out on top over his brother. I don't think that is the case at all, Jeff wants nothing but the best for Matt."

(The debate is interrupted as the music of Bryan Danielson plays over the PA system. The crowd gives "The American Dragon" a warm welcome back to the United States after his tour of Japan. Danielson looks in great shape as he awaits his opponent)

(The crowd boos as Chavo Guerrero's music is recognized. Chavo comes out with his bandanna on and looks like he is in the best shape of his career. Chavo has been wrestling in Mexico for the past few months but the crowd hasn't forgot his actions toward his former partner, Carlito before he left. Chavo gets in the ring and stares down Danielson)

Match Two

Bryan Danielson VS Chavo Guerrero Jr.

After seeing the "Slammiversary" opponents in the night's opening match-up, their two challengers faced off in their own contest. Both NWA stars have been wrestling almost exclusively overseas the past few months but both men seem happy to be back in the U.S.

The match up saw great chain wrestling as Chavo ,surprisingly matched moves with Danielson. Chavo got off to a fast start using illegal tactics as he was unable to get the better of Danielson in a counter for counter exchange and raked the eyes. From there Chavo showed a vicious side that has been developing since his break-up with Carlito months ago. Guerrero slowly grinded away at Danielson using multiple wear down maneuvers such as a headlock and a half-Boston crab. After hitting the "Three Amigos" series of belly to back suplexes a gloating Chavo was surprised by The American Dragon, who suddenly locked in a Sujiwara arm bar. After a near submission, Danielson was on a roll. Danielson showed his skills as he hit Chavo with an array of styles using elbow and knee strikes while equally using suplexes and kicks. Chavo didn't seem to know what is going on but snuck in a low blow while the referee was trying to get Danielson to break a hold after Chavo got to the ropes. As Chavo goes to inflict more punishment, he grabs Bryan up only to have Danielson take him down and catch him with a small package for the surprise three-count.

Winner: Bryan Danielson via pin fall

Tenay:"That is why Bryan Danielson is so dangerous. He has many ways to beat an opponent. You just don't what is coming."

Foley:"Danielson is one of the best pure wrestlers in the world but I still think he is going to have a hard time with strength and size of Morishima. It will take every bit of Danielson's skills to come out on top, I think."

Tenay:"After seeing both men in competition tonight, I think it is too close to call. Also I liked what I saw out of Chavo Guerrero tonight. If he can keep Mistico on the mat like he did with Danielson tonight, he could be the next CMLL World Champion.

Foley"I don't want to take anything away from Chavo or Mistico tonight just because they lost. But I would think Carlito right now would be the favorite in their three-way match at "Slammiversary."

Tenay:"That might end up being a big thing as Carlito not really having to show anything to Mistico or Chavo in a one on one match up tonight. They don't get to see him first hand like he had the luxury to see each of them. We are going to go now to my next interview as I sat down this time with Chris Jericho"

(We go to the same setup as the Samoa Joe interview as Tenay is now joined by Jericho instead)

Tenay"I'm here with arguably the most popular star on "Xplosion", Chris Jericho, welcome Chris. (Chris nods)Chris everybody knows your history and accomplishments and that fact that you are one of the greatest X-Division World Champions we have ever had but lately it seems that you are getting lost in shuffle. Jeff Hardy is the champ, Kofi Kingston is the next big star, Samoa Joe is going crazy over the title, RVD has shocked everybody with his new style and AJ Styles, is well being AJ Styles. It seems that everybody is forgetting about you."

Jericho"That is an interesting take on it, Tenay and by the way you say that I guess it's kind of true and I hope it is. I hope everybody is forgetting up Chris Jericho and that will help me walk out of "Slammmiversary as champ."

Tenay:"People are saying that maybe your heart isn't into wrestling right now. That you are distracted being a host of a television show and being the lead singer of Fozzy. That Chris Jericho only came back to wrestling because you failed elsewhere when you left. What do you have to say to those people."

Jericho"Some of what they say is true, I guess. Compared to other people maybe I'm not as funny as I thought I was but I still think I"m pretty entertaining. I like performing in front of people with Fozzy and I don't think that will ever change. It is not like I don't love wrestling, which I do but I won't be wrestling forever."

Tenay:"So are you 100 percent focused on your match this Saturday at "Slammiversary"?"

Jericho:"Definitely I am. I have put everything else on hold. I've been training and scouting my opponents and I have every intention on becoming the next X-Division World Champion. Then everything else will happen or not."

(The camera zooms in as Jericho and Tenay shakes hands and we go to commercial. The crowd is kind of silent as this isn't a side of Jericho that is normally seen)

-----COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back from commercial to the backstage area and get a camera shot of Jack Evans standing against the wall, reading a piece of paper. We see Matt Sydal walking down the hallway and comes over to Jack after he realizes he is there)

Sydal:"Jack, we haven't had really time to talk about what is going on. Kendrick has blown this a little out of proportion."

Evans:"Honestly, Matt I don't know what to think. I mean, you did go out to compete on your own without telling us first. It was a real shock for us to see our longtime partner and friend out there competing for a match at "Slammiversary" without us."

Sydal:"I admit I was wrong for not telling you guys about it first but c'mon it's the X-Division World Title we are talking about it. What would you do if General Manager, Mick Foley but you on the spot like that. Wouldn't you go after the chance like I did?"

(Evans thinks over the words from Sydal but before he can answer, Brian Kendrick shows up)

Kendrick:"Oh my! Look Jack, it's the GREAT MATT SYDAL. What you doing Matt? Are you worried about our one on one match at "Slammiversary" and are trying to get Jack on your side. Don't come around here and give us some kind of story that you really care about us."

(Sydal looks disgusted by Kendrick's comments as Evans seems to be also. Sydal shakes his head and walks away before Evans can say anything else. Kendrick walks off too and Evans follows him down the hall)

Tenay:"An interesting confrontation there as it seems that Jack Evans isn't totally sure that Kendrick that is right about Sydal. These three men made up one of the most successful tag teams in the history of "Xplosion". I think Brian Kendrick is taking this whole situation a little too personal."

Foley:"I don't think it is personal at all, I think Kendrick is jealous of Sydal. I thought Sydal deserved a shot to go the main event at "Slammiversary" and I gave it too him. If it was Kendrick instead of Sydal, I don't think he would have a problem with it all."

(The two is interrupted by the music of "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Daniels is met with the loudest heat response of the night by the Raleigh crowd. After his sneak attack last week on the new NWA Television Champion, CM Punk and Rey Mysterio after their match, Daniels has become one of the most hated wrestlers in the company. He gets to the ring but first comes over to the announce table as he stares down Mick Foley. He smirks at the General Manager before climbing into the ring.)

Daniels:"Last week, I was told by our GM, Mick Foley to make an impact, that I needed to show him something. So I did. Roll the footage."

(The video is shown of the attack on Punk then Rey Mysterio as Daniels left both in a bloody mess.)

Daniels:"And I believe that is just what I did. (Daniels laughs). So I'm out here this week to demand to be a part of "Slammiversary". So what is the answer, Mick or do I need to make another impact here tonight"

(The crowd boos Daniels' challenge and the camera zooms in on Foley for his response but suddenly the crowd cheers as the music of CM Punk plays. Punk appears on the entrance ramp with mic in hand. He has a bandage on his forehead from the kendo stick shot last week)

Punk:"Before you can answer that Mick, I would like to know there is nothing I would rather do at "Slammiversary" then get revenge on this guy. I don't know why he came out last week and attacked me but I'm more than ready to show him that is the biggest mistake he made in his career. So at "Slammiversary" I say...CM PUNK VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS FOR THE NWA TELEVISION TITLE!!!!(The crowd roars at the challenge) See Mick that is what the people want, so how about it?

(The camera shows the face of Foley who is smiling at the idea, the camera then goes to Daniels who also seems happy with the arrangement. Foley looks like he is about ready to make it official when more music plays. The crowd goes wild as Rey Mysterio appears on the ramp beside CM Punk. Rey takes the mic from Punk)

Rey:"Wait a minute! (Rey turns to Punk) I don't think it is fair that you get YOUR REVENGE and I DON'T GET MINE! (the crowd goes wild as Punk shakes his head in agreement). I also have a rematch coming for the NWA Television Title (Mysterio pats the title belt that is hung over Punk's shoulder) So how about CM PUNK VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS REY MYSTERIO JR FOR THE NWA TELEVISION TITLE."

(Punk and Mysterio seem to like the idea as the camera shows that Daniels doesn't seem pleased. The camera then goes to Foley, who is thinking the whole thing over)

Foley:"Listen CM and Rey, as much as I hate to say this, I don't think a Triple Threat match is fair to Christopher Daniels. (The crowd boos the decision as Daniels applauds it)...BUT a TRIPLE THREAT LADDER MATCH sounds pretty fair too me."

(The crowd erupts in approval as Punk and Mysterio seem happy with the change, Daniels seems worried about what he got himself into as he stares at Foley once again)

-------COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tenay:""Slammiversary'" keeps getting better and better. ( A video is shown of Foley's announcement before the break). A ladder match between those three is unbelievable."

Foley"A ladder match, I thought would help Daniels even the odds a bit. I really should hate "The Fallen Angel" but I kind of respect him as he went out and did exactly what I told him to do last week."

(Tenay looks kind of surprised by the comments of Foley. Music hits and the Age of the Fall appears with their leader, Raven. The members of the Cult make their slow walk to ringside)

(The crowd gives a decent pop as the Lethal Combination's music plays and Austin Creed and The Human Tornado appear as the opponents for tonight's match. They make their way to the ring as the Cult scatter to the outside)

Match Three

Age of The Fall VS Human Tornado & Austin Creed

Members of the two brawling factions of The Cult and the Lethal Combination faced off in this match-up. All members of both groups are barred from the arena except for The Cult's leader Raven, due to Raven possessing a valid manager's license.

The match kicked off with Tornado gaining early control of Jimmy Jacobs. Tornado and Creed used clean, crisp double team moves to garner control early. The two looked like they have teaming together for years as they dominated Jacobs much to Raven's dismay. Finally chaos broke out a bit as Tyler Black entered the ring but was stopped by the referee, this though gave Raven an opportunity as he tripped up Creed allowing Jacobs to hit a spear and make a tag to Black. The Age of the Fall was relentless on the attack of Creed as they both stomped unmercifully on Austin Creed as Tornado tried to cheer his partner on from the apron. Finally, on his last legs, Creed caught Black with a sickening uppercut and got the tag to Tornado. Tornado came to the ring on fire as he a Tornado DDT on Black and then whipped Jacobs to the corner and hit a clothesline/bulldog combo. Raven had seen enough as he entered the ring causing the disqualification. Raven though was met by a series of punches from Creed which sent Raven down to the mat. Black though regains his senses and chop blocks Creed's knee sending him down to the mat screaming in pain. The three Cult members turn their attention to Tornado and after an attempt to fight them off, ties him up in the ring ropes leaving him defenseless. They then turned their attention to Creed who is trying to fight them off on one leg. Raven went out to ringside and retrieved a steel chair and threw into the ring to Jacobs, who delivers a shot to the injured knee. A second steel chair is thrown in from the outside by Raven as Black holds Creed still as Jacobs configures the chair around the injured knee of Austin. Tornado screams in horror as Raven orders Jacobs to climb the top rope with the second chair. Jacobs comes off and drives the chair into the other chair wrapped around Creed's knee. Creed is kicked out of the ring by the Age of the Fall as Raven sits down on one of the chairs and mocks the helpless Tornado. Finally Tornado breaks loose of the ropes and charges at Raven in a rage but Raven drop toe holds Tornado face first into the chair, busting him wide open. Jacobs goes crazy at the site of the blood and pulled out once again a fork out of his ring jacket. Xplosion General Manager, Mick Foley has seen enough as he teared off his headset and confronted Jacobs. As Jacobs and Black argue with Mick, the GM has had enough and floors both men with huge right hands sending them to the outside. Foley turns around and faces Raven face to face. Neither man back up from each other before Raven smiles and turns around and rolls out of the ring. Foley checks on both members of the Lethal Combination as paramedics come out of the back for both men.

Winner: Austin Creed & Human Tornado via DQ

Tenay:(shouting)"Thank goodness for Mick Foley chasing the Cult off. These guys need suspended or some kind of serious action taken against them. They might have ended Austin Creed's career here tonight with that damage to his knee. I just can't believe what I saw."

(We get a shot of Creed and Tornado being brought to the back by paramedics as Foley goes with them to check it out himself. The camera then goes back to the locker room of Gregory Helms who is joined by his manager, Larry Sweeney, Brian Kendrick and Jack Evans)

Sweeney:" What's going on Kendrick? Have you two made up your mind yet about joining us.?

Kendrick:"Well, Larry, I think it is a good idea myself but Sydal got into ol' Jack's head earlier and he is unsure on what to do.?

(Kendrick and Sweeney look disgustedly at Evans, who just puts his head down

Sweeney"" Oh, I see, well Larry Sweeney understands that Jack, good friends are hard to find. But my offer is for the "Human Highlights" not Brian Kendrick by himself. I don't want another singles wrestler to take away from my man right here, Gregory Helms. (Sweeney slaps Helms on the back as he has been wrapping up his wrists) The offer is good for another week after that Larry Sweeney is looking elsewhere. Now go ahead and figure out what you guys are going to do while Gregory focuses on the main event here tonight"

(Sweeney turns his attention to getting Helms ready for the Battle Royal as Kendrick and Evans leave. Kendrick doesn't look happy with Evans at all)

------COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back from break and see that Mick Foley has returned to the announce table)

Tenay"Before the break, it looks like Matt Sydal's words to Jack Evans earlier tonight has an effect on him as he hasn't made up his mind yet about joining Larry Sweeney."

Foley:"There might be more to play out in this saga as all three men are scheduled to compete in the Battle Royal later tonight. Maybe the actions of the superstars will help decide Jack Evan's mind. Also we are hoping to have a update on Austin Creed's condition sometime this week on our official website, but I don't think it looks good"

Tenay:(disappointed)"That would be some bad news for our fans and The Lethal Combination if Creed can't compete in their steel cage match up versus The Cult this weekend. It would be definitely an advantage for Raven's crew."

(Music plays as Teddy Hart comes out with his Hart Attack partner, Harry Smith, the crowd gives them heat as they come down as Hart is ready for action)

(Music plays and the crowd goes wild as fan favorite, Jay Briscoe appears with his brother Mark as he is announced as the second man in this match up. The two make their way as Jay enters the ring and stares at Teddy)

(The last music plays as the GHC World Tag Team Champions, The Motor City Machine Guns appear on the ramp. Austin Aries and Chris Sabin flank Alex Shelley as he is the one dressed to compete. The three man come down to a mix reaction from the crowd)

Match Four

Teddy Hart VS Alex Shelley VS Jay Briscoe

A representative for each team competing in the GHC World Tag Team Title match at "Slammiversary" is featured in this contest as their team members on the outside. This match is another brawl waiting to happen as things are crazy after the actions of the last match.

It seemed that Hart and Shelley developed a plan to take out fan favorite Jay Briscoe first. The two team up and punish Briscoe before Shelley catches Hart with a backslide for a near pin breaking their alliance. The two argued giving time for Briscoe to recover as he hit both me with a clothesline as he gained control. Briscoe deposited Shelley on the outside and while Shelley is on the floor he is worked over by Mark Briscoe and surprisingly, Harry Smith helps before Austin Aries and Chris Sabin can get over to save their partner. Smith uses his brute strength to send Sabin crashing hard into the steel steps. Sabin got up holding his arm as Shelley rolled back into the ring. As Briscoe worked over Hart, he went to come off the ropes only to see the ropes get pulled down by sneaky Shelly and fell to the outside. Quickly, the Guns get their revenge as they put the boots to the Briscoe brother and are joined by Smith before Mark came over with a chair to chase them away. He helped his brother back into the ring just in time to break up a pin attempt by Hart on Shelley. Hart found himself in total control for the next few minutes as he worked over Briscoe as Shelley tried to come back from the DDT by Hart earlier that led to the pin attempt. Finally Hart is sent to the outside by a Shelley drop kick as Hart was stomping away at Briscoe. Now it was Hart's turn as the Guns pounced on him until Smith can chase them away. But then Smith is hit from behind by Mark Briscoe, who then dropped Hart face first across the barricade. Shelley was in control in the ring as it looked like he was setting up Jay for the end but Jay hit the Jay-Driller out of nowhere. Briscoe struggled over the pin but before the ref can count for three it is broke up by Hart. Hart came off the top rope with the Triple Bypass. Hart crawls over and gets the win as chaos breaks out on the outside between the other wrestlers. Hart and Smith escaped off the ramp as the Briscoes and Guns brawl on the outside before finally being broke up by NWA security.

Winner: Teddy Hart via pin fall

Tenay:"You can feel that "Slammiversary" is only days away as every wrestler is taking these matches more seriously.

Foley:"The intensity level has risen a notch this last hour definitely. You saw that with Austin Creed getting taken out and you see it here with the Briscoe and the Guns going at it. I'm just glad I ordered security out here for the rest of the show because we can't afford to lose another star before this weekend."

Tenay:"Let's go to my last special interview this one with Rob Van Dam."

(We go to the taped segment of Tenay and RVD in the same studio of the previous interviews)

Tenay:" I'm sitting here with the legendary, Rob Van Dam. I would first like to thank you for your time. (RVD shrugs it off). Rob, your actions have surprised many fans. I would say that at one time you were one of the most popular wrestlers in the business but it seems that you are going out of your way to change that."

RVD:"I'm not changing anything. I'm just not the puppet the fans are used too. Fans cheered my "surfer" attitude like nothing really mattered to me but that is not the true Rob Van Dam."

Tenay:'What is the true Rob Van Dam?

RVD:" The true, Rob Van Dam is a winner, a man that does anything it takes to win the match. If that means that I have to use say, a steel chair, so be it. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to become X-Division World Champion. I've done it for the fans before this time I'm doing it all for me."

Tenay:" I'm kind of disappointed in hearing that, I have to say."

RVD"I guess I just have to live with that but you will have to live with me as X-Division World Champion after "Slammiversary""

(RVD gets up and walks out refusing Tenay's gesture of a handshake. We go to commercial)

--------COMMERCIAL BREAK

(We come back from commercial and Jeremy Borash is in the ring announcing the wrestlers for the main event Battle Royal match)

Main Event

Slammiversary Battle Royal

Brian Kendrick
Matt Sydal
Jack Evans
Jeff Hardy
Chris Jericho
Matt Hardy
Gregory Helms
Samoa Joe
Rob Van Dam
Kofi Kingston
AJ Styles
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Carlito Colon
CM Punk
Christopher Daniels

Fifteen men who are competing at "Slammiversary" come to the ring to compete in a special battle royal. Foley's idea is for everybody to get a piece of their opponents before the pay per view.

Elimination 1,2, & 3-Brian Kendrick, Jack Evans and Matt Sydal

As Kendrick tried to talk Evans into helping him attack Sydal, Matt ran over and hit Kendrick with a flying cross body sending them both over the top. Kendrick though latched onto Evans trying to stay in the ring. Evans though is pulled over in the process and all three men are eliminated. Evans is frustrated as he walked up the ramp as his two-ex teammates brawl at ringside until security pulls Sydal off.

Elimination 4#-Rey Mysterio Jr.

Christopher Daniels found him on the short end of a 2 on 1 attack as Punk and Mysterio targeted him after last week's attack. As Daniels laid against the ropes, Punk and Mysterio hatched an idea as Punk dropped onto his knees allowing Mysterio to use him to jump off of but Daniels had other ideas as Mysterio flew toward him he pulled down the rope and dumped Mysterio to the floor for the elimination.

Elimination 5# Carlito

Carlito found himself in the match as the wild card as his two opponents wrestled earlier in the show but it didn't stop Chavo from getting involved. As Carlito tried to help Matt Hardy take Gregory Helms over the top, Chavo ran down from ringside and pulled Carlito over the top instead by Carlito's hair. As Chavo laughed on the outside, Carlito attacked him from behind and they battled on the floor and away from the ring. The crowd went wild as while both men fought on the outside they didn't notice their other "Slammiversary" opponent, Mistico, coming from the back. Mistico leaps off the entrance ramp to the floor with a moonsault taking out all three men in the process. The crowd chants "Holy Shit" as their attention turned back to the ring.

Elimination 6# Christopher Daniels

Daniels had escaped elimination many times already in the match when he found himself in position for the Go To Sleep on Punk's shoulders. Punk seemed happy to have his rival up in the position until he is hit by a spinning kick from Rob Van Dam in the face, Punk staggers to the rope and Danielson is dumped out of the ring and to the floor as a result.

Elimination 7# CM Punk

Punk is upset as him and RVD argued about the kick. Kofi Kingston ran over attempting a clothesline on RVD but Rob moves out of the way and Punk took it instead, eliminating Punk from the match up.

Elimination 8# Kofi Kingston

As he apologizes to Punk on the outside, Kofi is hit by a enzuguri kick from RVD sending him to the floor himself.

Elimination 9# Gregory Helms

Helms who has faced off with Matt Hardy for most of the Battle Royal had Matt on the top attempting what looked like a superplex attempt but before he could execute the move, Matt's brother Jeff came and saved Matt knocking Helms off the top and awkwardly to the floor.

Elimination 10# Matt Hardy

As Jeff tried to get Matt off the top rope, Samoa Joe, finally recovered from a Twist of Fate from Jeff. ran over with a knee and knocked Jeff into his brother Matt knocking Matt to the outside and landing on Helms. This left five of the men that will face off for the X-Division Title at Slammiversary.

Elimination 11# Chris Jericho

Jericho found himself an ally with Jeff Hardy as they went toe to toe with Samoa Joe and Rob Van Dam as AJ Styles rested in the corner. Hardy floored RVD with a Whisper in the Wind as Jericho caught Samoa Joe with a Codebreaker. As Jericho tried to get Joe up to try to eliminate him, Styles pounced and grabbed Jericho by the tights and threw him over the top before going back to the corner like nothing happened.

Elimination 12# Samoa Joe

Joe ran over after the save and hit Hardy from behind as he worked over RVD. Both men double teamed the champ as Styles stayed in the corner watching the action still. The two attempted a double clothesline on Hardy only to see the champ duck it and come back off the ropes with a diving double clothesline of his own, knocking both men down. As Joe got up, Hardy ran over with a cross body taking Joe over the ropes and knocking him to the outside but Hardy managed to skin the cat and pull himself back into the ring and avoid elimination.

Elimination 13# AJ Styles

RVD met Hardy on his return to the ring with a series of European uppercuts as he struggled to send Hardy over the top. Styles saw this as an opening and ran over to attempt to take both men out but RVD caught him with a backdrop sending him over the top. Styles though landed on the apron and looked proud of himself for tricking RVD and not being eliminated yet ,but then he got caught by a blindside right hand from Hardy knocking him off, leaving two in the ring.

The Final Elimination

Hardy and RVD squared off in the ring as both men looked worse for wear after the eliminations of the other 13 men. RVD gained the control and hit the Rolling Thunder.RVD then went to the top for the 5-Star Frog Splash but as he did his traded mark R-V-D antic it gave enough time for Hardy to get the top to meet him. The two struggled on the top for position as both men come close to falling off to the outside, finally a series of head butts by Van Dam breaks the stalemate and Hardy fell to the floor for the final elimination.

The two stare at each other as RVD celebrates to the boos of the crowd and Hardy looks stunned about what just happened.

Winner

Rob Van Dam eliminated Jeff Hardy

Tenay:"What a way to lead into "Slammiversary"! RVD wins the battle royal eliminating the champ, Jeff Hardy last. This probably puts Rob Van Dam as the favorite for this weekend's match up.

Foley:"I have to agree with you Tenay. This is great momentum for Van Dam going into this weekend and having eliminating Jeff Hardy last to win it, has to be in the mind of the champion. But we can't count out anybody of the main event as all the men have a chance to come to "Xplosion" next week as champion.Everybdoy remember from all of us on "Xplosion "HAVE A NICE DAY"

( The show ends as we get one more shot of the victorious Rob Van Dam and then a dejected Jeff Hardy)

1xyrd3.png

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Xplosion Review

Styles promo- Good. Short, but it got it's point across nicely. I could have done without the attack by Kofi, but oh well.

Joe promo- Nooooo, not screaming Joe! Anything, but that! It was intense, but I think the screaming was a bit much.

Morishima vs. Mistico- This was David vs. Goliath, but this time Goliath won. Good match overall, I'm glad it wasn't a complete squash. The champion vs. champion idea was pretty cool.

Hardy's promo- I liked how you almost made it look like there was already a rift forming between the two brothers. It should be interesting to see where you go with this.

Danielson vs. Chavo- IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Umm... Sorry. The small package for the win was a nice touch because Danielson is known to use that a lot. You're one of the first BTB's that I've seen in a long time that actually made Chavo look like a threat.

Jericho promo- I like this style of sit down interviews that you're using. This one was on the opposite side of the spectrum from the Joe promo.

Sydal/Evans/Kendrick promo- Thank you for using Sydal's real name. I thought what Kendrick said was pretty funny.

Punk/Daniels/Rey promo- Good way to set up for the match announcement. I'm looking forward to that ladder match.

AOTF vs. Tornado/Creed- This match was good until the ending. I didn't mind the DQ, but Foley chasing off the AOTF was just unrealistic, IMO.

Sweeney/Kendrico promo- You write a spot on Sweeney. I'm thinking that Kendrick will end up with Sweeney without Evans.

Triple Threat- This was the best match thus far. It was action packed and very enjoyable.

RVD promo- I like this new RVD. It's a good heel turn for him.

Battle Royal- Very good match. This is for sure, the best match of the night. The eliminations was fast and the action never stopped.

Final Thoughts- This was a great show heading into Slammiversary. I'm really looking forward to the PPV. I'm glad I started to read this BTB.