Non-Fleshed Out BTB Ideas

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
We're all Fantasy Bookers... so obviously we have a lot of ideas we've never penned to paper (or fingers to keyboard). We also have a few projects that we launched, and had great intentions for, but whether time or motivation ran out, it never came to fruition.

This is the purpose of this thread. Share your BTB ideas you always had, but could never quite break through the glass ceiling and grab the brass book ring.

Some of mine:

* a TNA era where Trevor Lee was the 2014 Daniel Bryan
* a WWE 2020 era built around the potential of Andrade, Aleister Black, and Buddy Murphy
* Bray Wyatt's 2022 return centered around leading the Firefly Funhouse characters against Judgment Day, and eventually, the Bloodline

What are some of yours? Hopefully, this thread can be around for a while with mini-BTBs sprouting from this.

Reactions: KingBoggs23

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I got an idea for one, I might do one day, where I start a company in current time, where everyone’s gimmick is some sort of job. Like a cop, an ice cream man, gas station attendant, etc. I just want to wait til I know I can commit to it

• Love
Reactions: Dubble J

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Some ideas I've had over the years that I am confident I will never tackle.

WWF 2001 - WCW Thrived, ECW Survived, and Austin didn't join McMahon, he hit him with a Stunner!
WWF 2001 from the perspective where they never bought WCW or ECW, and Austin won the title at Mania but didn't turn heel to do so.

WWF 1997 - What if Vince picked Bret...and Austin never came back?
WWF 1997 where Vince let Shawn go to WCW after his backstage brawl with Bret in July 1997, and Austin never recovered from Owen's piledriver and was forced to retire.

WWF 1992 - The Reign of the Dead
WWF 1992 kicks off after the Undertaker defeated Hulk Hogan for the WWF Title at Survivor Series 1991, then successfully retained the title at This Tuesday in Texas​

DGenerationMC

Reaction score
ROH 2011 - CM Punk Becomes Head Booker
Punk loses at Money in the Bank, legitimately leaves WWE and, instead of Sinclair Broadcasting, buys the company from Cary Silkin.

ROH 2022 - Cody Rhodes Buys Ring of Honor
Cody still leaves AEW but doesn't go to WWE and ends up outbidding Tony Khan.

NJPW 2024 - CM Punk Slithers Through the Forbidden Door
Punk does not return to WWE at Survivor Series 2023 but rather debuts in NJPW at Power Struggle to confront US/UK Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay to set up a match at WrestleKingdom. From there, Punk establishes the newly minted Global Heavyweight Title while also wrestling in dream matches against the likes of Tanahashi, KENTA, Suzuki and Tenzan in an attempt to end his career on a high note with nowhere plausible left to go stateside.​

Last edited:

KingBoggs23

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
I have been a LONG TIME reader but first time poster. These were the ideas I have always wanted to run here but I was always afraid of being bashed for some of the ideas. Cause I like to do things non traditional and that rubs people the wrong way sometimes. I just never posted but these were some of the ideas I always wanted to bring here.

What if Bret joined WCW in 1992
Pretty much in the title. I know Bret mentioned in his book he was close to the deal. I always thought that would fun to tackle.

AEW scenario where CM Punk got along with The Elite
I am a HUGE CM Punk fan. I always thought it would have been cool to write feuds and matches with Punk going against The Elite.

ECW 1997
I am a HUGE Shane Douglas fan. So the idea of writing him in his prime always seemed fun. I also would have made a way where they kept guys that defected to WCW instead of losing them.

Owen Hart came back to WWF after The Screwjob and became WWF Champion in a feud with Shawn and beyond
I mostly wanted to do this cause the idea of writing Owen into becoming the main WWF Champion seemed fun. I also toyed with the idea of fast-forwarding that run into 1999-2000 when guys like Jericho, Benoit, Malenko, and Eddie joined the WWF and had Owen work with them.

An NWA Revival scenario pre pandemic
Running the NWA when they had guys like Eli Drake, Eddie Kingston, Ricky Starks, Damien Sandow among others.​

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Owen Hart came back to WWF after The Screwjob and became WWF Champion in a feud with Shawn and beyond
I mostly wanted to do this cause the idea of writing Owen into becoming the main WWF Champion seemed fun. I also toyed with the idea of fast-forwarding that run into 1999-2000 when guys like Jericho, Benoit, Malenko, and Eddie joined the WWF and had Owen work with them.​
THANK you. There's money in the Black Hart feuding with DX but they forgot about it after a month, and then he joined the Nation for no reason

KingBoggs23

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
THANK you. There's money in the Black Hart feuding with DX but they forgot about it after a month, and then he joined the Nation for no reason
I agree there. I still remember getting a big pop when Owen came back but then he got stuck with HHH and the European Title and it just seemed wasted even though you did have the rocket of Austin ascending but even then you still had the EASIEST money making storyline to run with but I guess politics played a factor. Even then it still would be cool to see someone take a stab at that storyline.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Owen was up there with Austin as top babyface for a month after the screw job until they bury him

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
But then the thing is, if they'd followed up Owen properly neither TNA nor AEW would have existed

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Owen was up there with Austin as top babyface for a month after the screw job until they bury him

Owen was never going to get that top level push though. We can debate what HBK and HHH thought of him as that point, but Austin made it clear he didn't want to work with him at all after the piledriver either. I personally wish Owen had a chance at that level though. Of course, that is what btbs are for.

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Toyed around with an idea of AEW never beginning, Cody never being a part of "All In," but instead Tony Khan purchasing TNA with backing from the Bucks and Omega. Building around some of the talent TNA had and merging with some of the AEW guys.

Unfortunately, I was 3 matches into the launch show and my computer restarted unexpectedly. I always regret not filling my Google Docs with random wrestling shows haha

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Sadly the issue wax Shawn didn't want to feud with Owen so it got abandoned quickly