Nobuhiko Takada

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
sFvF5fXl.jpg

s1AcgW2l.jpg

Championships and accomplishments

Theme

Vader vs. Takada. NWA Championship Match

Bob Backlund vs. Nobuhiko Takada UWF Japanese Wrestling

Nobuhiko Takada vs Masahito Kakihara 18.06.1995

Abdullah The Butcher vs. Nobuhiko Takada

Reactions: Alexa and Chris

Josh Drake

Is Extreme And Lives For The Coming Out
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
mitsuharumisawa
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
GenichiroTenryu
Favorite Wrestler
ChrisKanyon
Favorite Wrestler
MasaakiMochizuki
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
His MMA career is disappointing to say the least, but he his one of the most underrated workers of the business, because he barely got any time on the big stage.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
His MMA career is disappointing to say the least, but he his one of the most underrated workers of the business, because he barely got any time on the big stage.
Takada was, like, a really big star and was often in the main event of UWF by the late 80s, and almost always in the main event UWFi (the promotion he co-founded) throughout the 90s, and had crossover big matches with even boxers and American stars like Vader. His match with Mutoh in 1995 drew the single biggest attendance and gate in Japanese wrestling history at the time, and he only barely missed topping it vs. Hashimoto in 1996. He well and truly got time on the big stage.

Reactions: Alexa

Josh Drake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
mitsuharumisawa
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
GenichiroTenryu
Favorite Wrestler
ChrisKanyon
Favorite Wrestler
MasaakiMochizuki
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Takada was, like, a really big star and was often in the main event of UWF by the late 80s, and almost always in the main event UWFi (the promotion he co-founded) throughout the 90s, and had crossover big matches with even boxers and American stars like Vader. His match with Mutoh in 1995 drew the single biggest attendance and gate in Japanese wrestling history at the time, and he only barely missed topping it vs. Hashimoto in 1996. He well and truly got time on the big stage.
UWFi isn't exactly NJPW, hence why 'didn't get much time on the big stage'.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
UWFi isn't exactly NJPW, hence why 'didn't get much time on the big stage'.
I guess if you consider the big stage to be the biggest stage, but it still drew some really big crowds every now and then; like 40,000+ people. WWE don't even draw that outside of some Rumbles and WrestleManias. There's a reason pairing him up with Mutoh/Hashimoto drew that much interest to begin with. W-wait you know what I've never even liked Takada, carry on. o_o

• Haha

Josh Drake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
mitsuharumisawa
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
GenichiroTenryu
Favorite Wrestler
ChrisKanyon
Favorite Wrestler
MasaakiMochizuki
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
There's a reason pairing him up with Mutoh/Hashimoto drew that much interest to begin with.
It can't possibly be because of the NJPW stars that they brought in to draw interest, and if Takada was really that over, why didn't companies such as AJPW, WCW, or WWF ever consider hiring him? It wasn't like an Atsushi Onita type of deal where he was too controversial. You're overexaggerating things to the highest degree, and attendances don't prove much of anything especially when you consider the fact that promotions such as AJPW regularly book city gyms that are clearly beneath their stature. Does that make AJPW worse than UWFi? No. Because in the end, AJPW still has the finances. The same is pretty much true of NJPW, so just because UWFi on their best day can manage to draw 40,000 people with talent they borrowed from a far superior company does not make them a big stage. It's like saying CHIKARA is almost as big as WWE because they once booked Triple H on their show.

W-wait you know what I've never even liked Takada, carry on. o_o
And of course you resort to petty insults when professionally confronted with facts, just like Grim, no wonder I'm leaving this site after my WWF BTB is finished.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
(A) My point was Takada vs. Mutoh and Hashimoto drew record crowds and why would those matches even be booked on such a grand stage if Takada wasn't a big time performer? Hashimoto vs. Mutoh didn't even draw that much in 95, and Takada even sold out the arena facing Gary Albright. I have no clue what you're getting at by asking why WCW or WWF wouldn't have grabbed him. I mean I never said he was Hulk Hogan or anything but it's not like Vince looked at the crowds Hashimoto was drawing and said "we NEED that guy!" He'd be a super weird fit.

(B) If attendance isn't a big stage, then what is? Would it be a bigger stage if Takada worked in the seven minute opener of 2k crowd AJPW shows than 35k vs. Vader in the main event of a UWFi show? I never even said UWFi was bigger than AJ or NJ. They can all be big stages. Is AEW not a big stage currently?

(C) I was not even remotely trying to insult you...? I unironically have never liked Takada as a wrestler and don't really feel the need to actually defend the guy himself. But a star is a star and Takada was a star.

Makai Club

Reaction score
Takada was maybe the biggest star in the Japan in the 90s in one of the biggest promotions of the decade. He definitely was on a big stage. That's just a fact. It's not like 90s Japan was just New Japan drawing houses. Takada was selling out Ryogoku, Budokan Hall and other big arenas alongside New Japan.

And I'm pretty sure it was reported All Japan did have plans to bring Takada in when it looked like UWFi was dying. And I don't know why WCW is involved in this conversation. Until 96 (when Takada left wrestling), WCW weren't selling out their own shows unlike UWFi

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Where was an insult lol

Reactions: DammitC

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
It can't possibly be because of the NJPW stars that they brought in to draw interest, and if Takada was really that over, why didn't companies such as AJPW, WCW, or WWF ever consider hiring him? It wasn't like an Atsushi Onita type of deal where he was too controversial. You're overexaggerating things to the highest degree, and attendances don't prove much of anything especially when you consider the fact that promotions such as AJPW regularly book city gyms that are clearly beneath their stature. Does that make AJPW worse than UWFi? No. Because in the end, AJPW still has the finances. The same is pretty much true of NJPW, so just because UWFi on their best day can manage to draw 40,000 people with talent they borrowed from a far superior company does not make them a big stage. It's like saying CHIKARA is almost as big as WWE because they once booked Triple H on their show.

And of course you resort to petty insults when professionally confronted with facts, just like Grim, no wonder I'm leaving this site after my WWF BTB is finished.
Keep my name out of your mouth from now on, son. You lied about me and everyone could see it plain as day, why do you think not even KIF argued that. So how dare you accuse me of insulting you when you insulted everyone's intelligence.

And I don't ever want to see you use being Autistic as a defense for acting the way you are ever again. I *am* autistic as well, and I don't go around acting like everything is a personal attack against me when you've never been named. So you wanna leave, fine, get the fuck out and never come back, because nobody is going to ever miss you.

Reactions: Alexa and DammitC