no ps3 price drop!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Angelica Haze

Reaction score
from 1up.com

Sony Says "No Plans" for PS3 Price Drop
Sony PR manager says company remains "confident" in PS3 approach.
By Steve Watts, 03/30/2009
PlayStation 3 Sony has said there are no plans for a PlayStation 3 price drop, and may be trying to temper expectations for tomorrow's planned announcement. Joystiq reports that in an official statement, public relations manager Al De Leon flatly denied any such plans regarding the PlayStation 3. "As we have stated previously, we do not have plans for a PS3 price drop, and any rumors to that effect are false and are the result of speculation," the statement read. "SCEA remains focused on the long-term momentum of the PS3. With the industry's best software lineup this year, combined with our most aggressive marketing campaign to date, we remain confident in our approach and the value we're delivering with PS3."

It's notable that De Leon didn't mention anything about a PS2 price drop, a rumor which seems almost certain to be announced tomorrow. He also didn't comment on anything regarding the PlayStation Portable, which some have speculated will be included in tomorrow's announcement to take some attention from the pending release of the Nintendo DSi.

While it's not uncommon to deny rumors like this, we usually see it done further in advance to protect the current sales. If people expect a price drop in a month or two, system sales might lag in the meantime. Since Sony has an announcement planned for tomorrow, denying now would ultimately be more damaging to their image if a PS3 price drop were in the plans. For that reason the denial seems to be truthful, but we'll know for sure tomorrow.

boo!!

Nation

Do you guys not realize that Sony might not make a profit? That is the only reason there not dropping the price. I can't remember what they commented a few months ago but they said something about how publishers would enjoy a price drop but it wouldn't do good for sony. I don't know I'd imagine a ton of more people bying PS3's would make a profit but I guess Sony doesn't think so.

Angelica Haze

Reaction score
so do I, I want littlebigplanet and Ratchet and clank future tools and resistance!!! it's no fair either hubby doesn't want one because the only franchise he cares about that was exclusive to playstation (final fantasy) has been on 360 for a while! boourns!

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Sony apparently has something to announce tomorrow.

Firmware 2.7
April Fools joke
PS3 Slim
A new game
PS2 price cut
Return of BC
PSThrii Controller
PS3 price cut

Take a guess

Just because Sony said that there won't be a price cut doesn't mean that its true. What type of company reveals something beforehand? They said FFXIII wouldn't be on 360, we all know how that turned out.

Also if FFXIII is the only game your husband wanted on PS3. He obviously isn't looking hard enough.

This Guy

^^you know PS3 found out they lost exclusitivity the same time everyone else did...ie when Square made the suprise announcement at the 360 conference.

I know at least one of things you listed is true for whats being announced.....sadly I am bound to confidentiality....but we've had the posters in our stores for about 2 weeks. lol

My point was that just because they say it isn't gonna happen doesn't make it automatically true. It could always happen in the near future.

I'm pretty sure its the PS2 price cut. $99, right?

I believe it was leaked. I'll find out soon enough anyway.

Since the information is being revealed tomorrow. Would you be able to tell me after midnight? :brows:

This Guy

obviously if its announced tomorrow (which the way we were told it would be) obbviously.

Lets put it this way though, I'm almost positive that there is no ps3 price drop being announced because we didn't get a poster for that. And I'll leave you with that. Mind you we got a kick ass ps3 160gig bundle starting next week...I'm sure they will announce that.

Angelica Haze

Reaction score
I hope the slimline ps3 thing is true. not that i'll get a ps3 for a while anyhow but i'd like a less bulky one!

Nation

The PS2 is now $99. Anyone that wants a PS3 is going to have to get a job. There's a reason why it's $400. It doesn't crap out on you like the 360 still does to some people, it has blu ray, it has next generation graphics, a lot of features and it costs a lot to make. Bottom line it easily has the best hardware this gen.

Edit:The new Zeebo console will be screwed lol.

Angelica Haze

Reaction score
Both have next gen graphics, lets face it, most 360 games do not look like regular x-box games (I say most because lets face it some developers put in crappy graphics)

I do have to agree about the blue ray thing the ps3 is by far the cheapest blue ray player, but not everyone cares about hd-dvd's or bluerays just yet, the time is coming where everything will be blue ray just as dvd took over vcr but its still a long time coming.