No More Superstars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Regarding WGN America's cancellation of WWE Superstars, the Chicago-based superstation didn't feel they were getting what they paid for, which was a program near the level of Monday Night Raw. WGN agreed to carry the show in late 2008 with the hope it would bring ratings to their national feed, which does not have substantial clearance across cable systems in the United States.

While WWE Superstars initially featured top tier talent such as John Cena, Edge and John Morrison, it was clear from the beginning that it was a show of little consequence. For instance, the program sparingly featured storylines. Within a matter of time, it became the modern day equivalent of Sunday Night Heat, a television showcase for the organization's preliminary talent; Zack Ryder, Tyler Reks, Primo and the brothers Uso were regularly featured in starring roles. Meanwhile, the show's lackluster ratings were indicative of how both fans and officials alike saw it as.

Due to last month's poor financial quarters, company officials have discussed cutting ties with a number of bottom level wrestlers following Wrestlemania XXVII as a cost-cutting measure.

I have my money on JTG and some of those unused Nexus fools to be cut.

1chiban

Reaction score
The fact they thought they would get something near the quality of Raw was a laugh from the start. I fear for a lot of people if this cost-cutting measure does indeed occur!!!

...god...

Reaction score
Who cares. Never watched the show once.

Reaction score
Yearly cleanly. Future Endeavors for many. They need to thin the roster to the top 50%, end the brand split, merge the titles and just get this era officially started.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I totally agree with you Enzo, because I am a good member of the IWF O_O

ahorrig

Reaction score
I have watched Superstars a few times, but i found it incredibly boring. Who really cares whether chris masters beats tyler reks? WWE needs to have Raw, SD, TE and thats it. Cuttting NXT is better then cutting guys like Zack Ryder who could actually do well in the wwe.

1chiban

Reaction score
You're right, there. NXT is absolute junk.