No build... at all.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Punk/Bryan has no build. Bryan wins stop the clock challenge. Next week I can't even remember but they didn't interact, then this week they're in a random tag-team match which hasn't helped their build at all. They've had no mic time. One backstage segment from Punk saying he doesn't trust Bryan but that's it...

Why? What is the video package even going to contain lmao?

This has the chance to steal the show but it's meaningless. This is why OTL shouldn't even exist, cut the amount of PPV's for christ sake. /Rant

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Week 2, Punk got beat by Fat Albert, then D-Bry applied the Yes Lock. Pathetic.

The one good thing you can take from this is that they didn't try to get heat on Daniel Bryan. The fans clearly aren't going to boo that guy after that bullshit loss at 'Mania, so even trying to do so would get heat on the babyface.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
There was more build for the divas title match and the tag titles match. Truly pathetic

Reactions: Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
So are we actually going to see Punk go over Bryan cleanly at OTL then they'll have a match at No Way Out where Punk wins again...?

I could see Bryan winning it in a horrible way, then No Way Out is all the "keep your opponent in the ring" gimmick crap, so we could see Punk win it there. Meh.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Oh, this might help the feud.

Don't read if you don't want to know a SD spoiler

– WWE Champion CM Punk is scheduled for tonight’s WWE SmackDown taping in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Punk stated on Twitter that he is replacing Big Show, who was fired last night on Raw SuperShow. He wrote, “Smackdown in Hershey PA tonight gets punked. (that’s my lame/clever way of saying I’ll be there). Big Show won’t be, because he was fired.”

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I've speculated all along they just wanted to feed DB to Punk because he has momentum that they want Punk to have and in WWE's mind they think it's that easy.

DB's momentum ==> Lose to Punk ==> Become Punk's momentum

#YouAlreadyKnowWhatGoesHere

Crayo said:
Oh, this might help the feud.

Don't read if you don't want to know a SD spoiler

– WWE Champion CM Punk is scheduled for tonight’s WWE SmackDown taping in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Punk stated on Twitter that he is replacing Big Show, who was fired last night on Raw SuperShow. He wrote, “Smackdown in Hershey PA tonight gets punked. (that’s my lame/clever way of saying I’ll be there). Big Show won’t be, because he was fired.”

lmao, oh my god. CM Punk, the WWE Champion, is being reduced to being a fill in for the fucking Big Show. Amazing, impeccable logic. I'm blown away by WWE's brilliance.

Reactions: Snowman1

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I've speculated all along they just wanted to feed DB to Punk because he has momentum that they want Punk to have and in WWE's mind they think it's that easy.

DB's momentum ==> Lose to Punk ==> Become Punk's momentum

Yeah! Just look at how well that worked for Sheamus..Oh wait.. :matt:

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Crayo said:
Punk/Bryan has no build. Bryan wins stop the clock challenge. Next week I can't even remember but they didn't interact, then this week they're in a random tag-team match which hasn't helped their build at all. They've had no mic time. One backstage segment from Punk saying he doesn't trust Bryan but that's it...

Why? What is the video package even going to contain lmao?

This has the chance to steal the show but it's meaningless. This is why OTL shouldn't even exist, cut the amount of PPV's for christ sake. /Rant

IMP, I think since they know they are working with a two week interval, there really doesn't need to be big build since they can make it bigger than this match coming sunday.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I see it as a filler leading up to something much bigger for both of them. The first couple months after 'Mania are always rocky unless it is a continuing feud from mania. Coming off of the fact that they were previously friends not even 3 months ago, it would have been difficult to create a compelling story. Also remember that Brock was unexpected. Punk could have had a planned feud with Cena, or perhaps Bryan did. Then Brock came and f*cked everything up. Just some things to think about.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It looks like a filler feud, indeed (not that much of a feud, there was no build up). Which probably means Punk will retain. :okay:

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
#Heel said:
I see it as a filler leading up to something much bigger for both of them. The first couple months after 'Mania are always rocky unless it is a continuing feud from mania. Coming off of the fact that they were previously friends not even 3 months ago, it would have been difficult to create a compelling story. Also remember that Brock was unexpected. Punk could have had a planned feud with Cena, or perhaps Bryan did. Then Brock came and f*cked everything up. Just some things to think about.

Basically what I meant just explained more.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Thewindyfan said:
Basically what I meant just explained more.

9dcfX.jpg

It was my idea... :bury:

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I believe Punk is enjoying working with Bryan. I don't think he feels the same way towards Chris, so the interactions were a bit subdued. WWE still hasn't given Punk the green light to totally be himself, but maybe they are saving it for a bigger PPV. The summer hasn't hit yet after all

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
It just goes to show you how little the wwe title means these days.Last time it was a main event match at a ppv was TLC last year.Punk is supposed to be on smackdown this week so there must be and hopefully at least 5 minutes interaction between them.Also having so many bloody ppvs does not help the build of a feud.