NJPW G1 Climax General Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Marty Asami made the right call in the Will Ospreay vs. Bad Luck Fale match. Normally, in American wrestling the ref wouldn't see any of the cheating going on in a match. Not the kendo stick from Jado and the outside interference from Chase Owens. Just when Marty is about to count to three, he gives Fale the middle finger and disqualifies him! Sweet justice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Kazuchika Okada vs. Sanada. Gritty action for thirty minutes before Sanada nailed Okada with the moonsault to win the match. Sanada gets his first win against Okada after losing to him six times.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I finally caught up with the tournament and watched with a WWE-only fan and he was blown away. That final match was storytelling perfection, for both sides of the globe. Thinking the last person in the standins is a threat to the leader. The come back of White, leading you to think maybe it's Naito's time and it's all a swerve, but you don't even see Goto sneaking up to the them both. Juice Robinson, Taichi, Lance Archer and SANADA all felt like they could play with the big boys. I feel privileged to watch the best of an all time great in Ishii.

Bravo, NJPW.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi. This was a real suspenseful, nail biter! Ibushi was going to win, but Okada kept me on the edge of my seat. Okada nailed Ibushi with his standing dropkick. Ibushi did a very ingenious powerbomb to counter Okada when he was running off the ropes. Ibushi beats Okada with the kamagoe for the win. Twenty-five minutes of pure action.

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I meant to do give my rating when it was over, but I forgot to do so. I give the G1 a solid 9.5/10

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I finished watching the Kota Ibushi vs. Jay White final. After the match, Jay touched Kota's hand in a sportsmanlike gesture. His Bullet Club brethren didn't run into the ring and beat down an exhausted Kota.