Nintendo's NX Announcement In June

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
"If you were expecting Nintendo to roll out the carpet for the NX the moment the clock hit midnight on New Year’s, you’ve probably been disappointed so far. Though Nintendo promised to remain mute on the NX until 2016, now that the year has arrived, they’ve given no indication as to when they’re going to start discussing it. In turn, that has corporate analysts making their own predictions.

For a while, we’ve been hearing kind of ludicrous ideas of a summer launch for the NX, but now through Nomura Securities, we have a somewhat more reasonable prediction. Their latest analysis says that Nintendo will unveil the NX in June (possibly at E3, though that hasn’t been Nintendo’s style the last few years), and aim for an October/November 2016 launch.

Also interesting to note is a comment about how previously the firm didn’t believe that the NX was meant to be a replacement for the Wii U or 3DS, as that wasn’t how Nintendo was pitching it. But now they’ve revised that theory, and are predicting lower current-gen sales for this year since the NX probably will be a replacement for one or both of those. I do sort of question their credibility here, as I don’t understand what they were thinking the NX was, if not something that was very clearly going to cannibalize Nintendo’s existing hardware.

But what about this new predictive timetable? I can buy it, I guess, but again, debuting something at E3 no longer seems like a priority for Nintendo. I think a better situation would be a Nintendo Direct/live event in April or May announcing the system, then at E3 they could spend more time diving into the games (please, please have a robust launch line-up this time)."

I am hoping this is a good system cause I really wanna get back in to Nintendo games.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Them revealing at E3, or making their own conference for it were the two most probable outcomes from the start. Nobody really thought it was coming out in the summer either.

Part of me hopes they fail so they can just become a developer for the other consoles. Best of luck to them, though.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Them revealing at E3, or making their own conference for it were the two most probable outcomes from the start. Nobody really thought it was coming out in the summer either.

Part of me hopes they fail so they can just become a developer for the other consoles. Best of luck to them, though.

You shut your dirty whore mouth! Nintendo > all other consoles! They keep true to what traditional gaming is about. They are the only console I will ever consider buying from now on. There is already talks of a PS5 coming out in 2018. Like come on, that would be over kill and a half.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Every time I think about getting a PS new one comes out :why:

• Haha
Reactions: Neptune

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Every time I think about getting a PS new one comes out :why:

I don't even know why they are talking about a new system. That would make it a 5 year mark. It may just be a revamped PS4 like the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 slim but still. Slow down!

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
You shut your dirty whore mouth! Nintendo > all other consoles! They keep true to what traditional gaming is about. They are the only console I will ever consider buying from now on. There is already talks of a PS5 coming out in 2018. Like come on, that would be over kill and a half.
Except that you can't play 3rd party games, and that you have to use a plastic tablet to play crap. I'm not going to buy a WiiU to play Mario Maker. NX needs to rectify what I mentioned in the beginning, or it's gonna bomb. And not that 3rd party support the original Wii had either, load of garbage.

Most console gens are 7 years, there'll probably be a slim PS4/XB1 come 2017 or 2018 though. I don't see the next PS/XB coming out till 2020, but it'll start being brought up in 2018 for sure.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Except that you can't play 3rd party games, and that you have to use a plastic tablet to play crap. I'm not going to buy a WiiU to play Mario Maker. NX needs to rectify what I mentioned in the beginning, or it's gonna bomb. And not that 3rd party support the original Wii had either, load of garbage.

Most console gens are 7 years, there'll probably be a slim PS4/XB1 come 2017 or 2018 though. I don't see the next PS/XB coming out till 2020, but it'll start being brought up in 2018 for sure.

You will eventually turn. You will see. And I don't mean for Nintendo.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Thought you were making a gay joke, so yes for both.
LOL I was referring to becoming a PC gamer but I guess PC can stand for Personal Co... never mind. lol

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
- It's not going to be announced at E3 2016. That'll be at their own event, BEFORE E3. There's a lot of noise at E3, so they won't be able to maximize the impact of the announcement.
- Of course it won't be released during the summer, but some Nintendo consoles have released earlier than November, like Nintendo 64's September release.

Don't expect too much from the announcement of NX, guys. Just be cool and let it happen.