Nine Tales Entertainment Presents: Worlds Unite (Sign-Up/Interest Check)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Forgot to mention companies

Looney Lester works freelance around Japan

Sawyer Xavier ... it's complicated ... he's from wherever, Orange Cassidy style

Then... *whatever* ;)

And I have a couple ideas written down, but I'll be waiting a bit to post a card. Give people a chance to sign up, so there's plenty of options. Maybe I'll message some people if I can't pick one.

• Haha
Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Name:​

Rio Kobayashi
Nickname:
Rogue Spirit
Leader of Generation-REAL
Height:
Six foot Two
Weight:
235 pounds
Hometown:
Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan

Age/DOB:
27 years of age
Alignment:
Tweener
Home Promotion:
DJPW
Gimmick/Backstory:
Rio Kobayashi entered wrestling at the age of 21 where he began training in DJPW’s dojo system, later having his debut match at 22 as a trainee wrestler. Just black trunks, hair relatively short, and was going through the motions of most wrestlers of his experience. Same entrance music. Move-set basic, their identity is basic, and often would be fed to larger stars, or, most frustrated, teaming with and against aging stars. Rio hated the process, finding it and his training demeaning and humiliating. More-so, he has to share the spotlight with aging stars past their prime. He’d slowly show a darker side in the ring until he eventually attacked his partner in a match, a past his prime veteran, and walking out, resulting in a no-contest. He would be suspended for several months then, on his 23rd birthday, announced he was going on his own PERSONAL excursion. He’d go to various promotions in Japan, Mexico, and Europe for the next two and a half years before finally being welcomed back to DJPW, showing a calm and confident demeanor. There, he’d announce his mission statement. “Lead a new generation” A REAL Generation. This includes putting to pasture any people he sees past their prime, or who are not bringing his vision of wrestling forward. This message has drawn a mixed response from DJPW’s fans, some hating his dislike of their treasured heroes and having a winning by almost any means nature. But to those who feel left behind by life, a visionary like him is a breath of fresh air.

Pic Base (Provide name and picture):

Jake Lee
Sq35JOHDgdqpJF4-YPvAi021coiVoki8paKuI4R-ggFVusXHe959rUpICzs3900FSTAm1uHVqZ8-hSAXCbKebK-BuAHNAnX9epNVcA60d30eEFPvUMSPnxnbLe08veK75oqi-GFAFNOkC6tlki4cCRs

Attire:
See above for entrance attire but the gloves are darker. In the ring he wears ong black tights, silver trimmings. His name written in Kanji on one side with the other saying GEN: REAL. Black boots, wrist tape.
Wrestling Style:
King’s Road with a mix of some athleticism sprinkled in.

Moveset Examples:
Lariatoooo
Bridging German Suplex
Vertical Dropkick
Standing Moonsault
Diving Moonsault
Vaulting Body Press to the outside
Knife Edge Chop
T-Bone Suplex
Stiff Stomps
Cross-Legged STF
Neck Crank Submission
Running Big Boot
Backdrop Suplex
Multiple Backbreaker Variations
Vertical Suplex
Standing Dragon Sleeper

Signatures:
GR 47 (Spinning Heel Kick)
yrGJOR@facebook.gif

Blade’s Edge (Half Nelson Suplex)
BL0JRo.gif

Finishers:
Vortex (Pumphandle Olympic Slam)
buddy-murphy-body-slam.gif

Vortex II (Pumphandle Fireman’s Carry half-Nelson Driver/Last of the Dragon, super finisher)
njpw-shingo.gif

Theme Music:
Made In Hell (Unknown)

(Usually has intro cut, but for a big show uses the intro)

Entrance:

The screens of the arena show the scenes of a storm with rainfall. A single shadowy figure stands in the spotlight as a door is slammed shut.

The opening to “Made in Hell” plays with the lights of the arena flashing as smoke builds. After seventeen seconds or so, Rio Kobayashi makes his way out, long hair slicked back, with his cape and fancy entrance attire. He has a sly grin on his face as he makes his way down the aisleway, cape dragging behind him through the fog. Heading down to the ring, he goes at his own pace, a calmness to him. Looking at the steps at the edge of the apron, he unzips his cape before he goes up the steps and onto the apron, carefully entering the ring. He puts his hand on his heart and reaches into his jacket’s pocket, waiting for his introduction.

Announcer: (In Japanese) "Introducing, from DJPW. He is the Rouge Spirit… KOBAYASHIIIIII RIIIIIOOOOOOO!"

Stretching his arm out, he holds a single rose out, showing a confident smile. He hands it to someone in the ring, whether it’d be the announcer, his opponent, or even the official, before he heads to his corner, unclipping the buttons of his jacket as his theme music fades away.​

Tig

Reaction score
•The DFB•
(THE DIRTY FUCKING BASTARDS)

Name:
Cody Mundz | Bobby “Smooth”
Height: 6 FT | 6 FT 3
Weight:
218 lbs | 230 lbs
Hometown:
Reno, Nevada

Age/DOB:
33 | 32
Alignment:
Heel
Home Promotion:
Independent
Gimmick/Backstory: The DFB were one of the most hated teams in wrestling for a few years between 2015 and 2018 and became black-listed from the professional wrestling industry. Smash-mouth with no filter, the duo are known gang members of the outlaw motorcycle club “Nevada Reapers” and have extremely little interest in professional wrestling. They are motivated purely by money and as such, perform as wrestlers to make a quick buck on the side. They are essentially mercenaries.

Nothing is out of bounds for the duo, and both are willing to go to extreme lengths to achieve their goals - reminder, that’s money - but it must be said that Cody is the more fiery of the two, boasting an extremely volatile temper and explosive personality. Bobby is no less dangerous but “Smooth” is more of a con-man than a hitter, generally trying to verbally talk his way into what they want as opposed to Cody who simply relies on pure violence.

Despite their penchant for not being fans of professional wrestling, the duo have shown on numerous occasions they are extremely capable in the ring: they reached the semi-final of the CWA Krash Tag Team Classic, and in the opening match of the FWA World Tag League, they beat the reigning FWA World Tag Team Champions, the undefeated Sin City Vultures, the only team to ever do so.

Why then, were the duo black-listed from the industry? In both tournaments, The DFB got kicked out of the tournament. In CWA, they intentionally got disqualified in their semi-final match and incited a riot in the crowd, while in FWA, they refused to show up for the rest of their matches after beating the FWA Tag Team Champions in the opening match and declaring they were already number one contenders. However it was their comments during the FWA tournament that saw them blacklisted from the industry as they declared that pro-wrestling was “fake and scripted” and that wins and losses were “pre-determined”. The industry as a whole unequivocally rejected this statement but the video went viral and The DFB were never booked in America again.

In 2019, The DFB were arrested as part of a RICO sting into the Nevada Reapers. Both received 5 year sentences with the stipulation that the final year would be suspended with good behaviour. They were incarcerated in Lovelock Correctional Center but in late 2022 were moved to an undisclosed location to serve out the rest of their sentence. They were released in July of 2023.

Pic Base: Mark Briscoe | Wes Brisco
Attire:
Black trunks and black boots with a silver reaper’s scythe emblazoned on the arse of the trunks. They were their “Nevada Reapers” kuttes to the ring.

Wrestling Style:
There isn’t much to The DFB. They brawl, they cheat, they use weapons. If you’re looking for a team to base them on they’re like a more hardcore version of The Revival/FTR.

Moveset:

Cody
Basic | Spinebuster, Short-arm clothesline, dragon-screw leg-whip, front dropkick, Gory special. Variety of punches, kicks, headbutts etc.

Signature Strike Move | “Reaper’s Right Hand” - brass-knuckle knockout punch.

Signature Submission Move | Inverted figure-four leg-lock.

Regular Finisher | Floating DDT

Bobby
Basic | Suicide dive, shinbreaker, spinebuster, dropkick, chopblock, European uppercut. Variety of punches, kicks, headbutts etc.

Signature Strike Move | “Reaper’s Right Hand” - brass-knuckle knockout punch.

Signature Submission Move | Texas cloverleaf

Regular Finisher: Falcon Arrow

Tag Team Moves
-Double beat-down on a cornered opponent
-Powerbomb (Bobby)/diving clothesline (Cody)
-Belly-to-back suplex (Bobby)/diving leg drop (Cody)
-Snap suplex (Bobby)/running senton (Cody)

Finisher | “Dirty Bit” - Shatter Machine

Theme Music: “Red Right Hand” Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Update:

I have the card mostly figured out. If anyone wants to sign up afterwards, I have no issues finding ways to change the card. The timeline I'm thinking for this:

Card Posted the day of or day after FWA Anniversary is posted: According to the schedule, FWA Anniversary will be posted on September 3rd. So it will be on that day or the day after.

Promo period will last the month of September, ending on October 1st. That way any FWA peeps have a lot of time to write and not overlap with FWA stuff, or if anyone has something else taking their time.

Ideally, the people assigned to judge various matches will have their grades decided within 1-2 weeks after the deadline is reached. I'm thinking 3 judges per a match that needs judging (one match for certain is storyline so that won't be an issue). Obviously people if they are involved in matches, they do not judge their own matches (myself included). Then once that is done, it is all about writing the show which will come when it does, but hoping before Christmas time.

The following people have approached me publicly or privately in regards to potentially voting on matches. @Prison Dom @AON @Rawr @Jazz Wolf and I believe others have. Then I know one or two of them have mentioned the idea of writing matches.

If you're interested in either voting on match(es) or writing them, feel free to DM me on here or on Discord. If you're one of those peeps, feel free to confirm stuff, or clarify also.

Thanks, Rosie. :)

Edit: Also, once the card is posted, I'm not going to name an official main event. That I'll let you guys decide after promos are done. Pick based on whatever you think will be the most fun, or maybe what had the best promos, etc.

Second Edit: Nevermind... There's a clear main event and I was convinced otherwise...

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
if you want any help with this in anyway - i'd love to help

Reactions: Rosie

Oz

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Name: The Ozmanclaimed
Max Pollux & Anthony Bsteen (w/ Father Posterior)

Height: Max: 1,85m | Anthony: 1,78m | Posterior: 1.90m
Weight: Max: 104 kg | Anthony: 93 kg | Posterior: 118 kg
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Age/DOB: 34 / 32 (/w 59)
Alignment: Heel
Home Promotion: Gaijins
Gimmick/Backstory: Definitely not an Acclaimed rip-off just for an excuse for me and Man to write shitty raps. Also Father Posterior is literally a priest, think like one of those hip new age priests who cater to the youth.

Pic Base (Provide name and picture): Max Caster & Anthony Bowens (w/ Billy Gunn)
Attire: (Can describe, provide images, whatevs)

0t4AEdVL6pSPqJ3_MittB6pyZXoPJyEVXWpQSmaj3Wq6gKg1-ZxEcV3OBkgvplp4veBPh3FKiliCTtvcsFdl28EsjtI5CFFG14R6eyN_lbymXiWfeCUxDdTooF9pWyMDVsdlwZW_fDEhIQq9JVhHKqY

Wrestling Style: Max is more brawler while Anthony is more powerhouse. Anthony is the usual hot tag recipient between the two.
Moveset: Can the matchwriter just YouTube “Top 10 moves of Max Caster” and “Top 10 moves of Anthony Bowens”?

Finisher (1-3 finishing moves):
The Move We Do To People Who Think Eminem Is The GOAT (Scissor Me Timbers)
Only A Spoonful (Side Slam from Max followed by an Elbow Drop from Anthony)

Theme Music:

Entrance:
Literally the Acclaimed entrance but Max and Anthony can both rap, I guess. Instead of scissoring they spoon each other.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Name: The Ozmanclaimed
Max Pollux & Anthony Bsteen (w/ Father Posterior)

Height: Max: 1,85m | Anthony: 1,78m | Posterior: 1.90m
Weight: Max: 104 kg | Anthony: 93 kg | Posterior: 118 kg
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Age/DOB: 34 / 32 (/w 59)
Alignment: Heel
Home Promotion: Gaijins
Gimmick/Backstory: Definitely not an Acclaimed rip-off just for an excuse for me and Man to write shitty raps. Also Father Posterior is literally a priest, think like one of those hip new age priests who cater to the youth.

Pic Base (Provide name and picture): Max Caster & Anthony Bowens (w/ Billy Gunn)
Attire: (Can describe, provide images, whatevs)

0t4AEdVL6pSPqJ3_MittB6pyZXoPJyEVXWpQSmaj3Wq6gKg1-ZxEcV3OBkgvplp4veBPh3FKiliCTtvcsFdl28EsjtI5CFFG14R6eyN_lbymXiWfeCUxDdTooF9pWyMDVsdlwZW_fDEhIQq9JVhHKqY

Wrestling Style: Max is more brawler while Anthony is more powerhouse. Anthony is the usual hot tag recipient between the two.
Moveset: Can the matchwriter just YouTube “Top 10 moves of Max Caster” and “Top 10 moves of Anthony Bowens”?

Finisher (1-3 finishing moves):
The Move We Do To People Who Think Eminem Is The GOAT (Scissor Me Timbers)
Only A Spoonful (Side Slam from Max followed by an Elbow Drop from Anthony)

Theme Music:

Entrance:
Literally the Acclaimed entrance but Max and Anthony can both rap, I guess. Instead of scissoring they spoon each other.

SPOON ME, FATHER PROSTERIOR!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I can help out with match writing if needed!

I'll take a look at what is and isn't taken and see what interests you. Probably will give just one to not overload. :)

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
1691208685520.png

Name:
Kage Oni

Height:
5'5

Weight:
125 pounds

Hometown:
Unknown

Age/D.O.B:
Unknown

Alignment:
Heel

Home Promotion:
Unknown

Gimmick/Backstory:
Little is known about Kage Oni. Other than the fact that that isn't his real name. His exact background is unknown, but he does have a tendancy to get things done without anyone knowing about it. There are few who are as fast, agile, and quiet as Oni.

Pic Base (With pic):

Snake Eyes

1691208803047.png

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
View attachment 72107

Name:
Kage Oni

Height:
5'5

Weight:
125 pounds

Hometown:
Unknown

Age/D.O.B:
Unknown

Alignment:
Heel

Home Promotion:
Unknown

Gimmick/Backstory:
Little is known about Kage Oni. Other than the fact that that isn't his real name. His exact background is unknown, but he does have a tendancy to get things done without anyone knowing about it. There are few who are as fast, agile, and quiet as Oni.

Pic Base (With pic):

Snake Eyes

View attachment 72108

Uhh, def need a move-set.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler