Nimrod Answers Questions (AMA)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Like some of the great members on this glorious forum, I've decided to take part of the "Ask Me Anything" trend that's been going on.

You can ask me whatever you want. So let's do this!

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
When did you first get in to graphic design?
Besides drawing monsters, cars and other stuff when I was a kid, I was doing graphics ever since I was in the 6th grade back in 1997. There was a graphic design program called Tesselmania. I was fascinated of different shapes that you can transform. I've used to mess around it a lot and I came up with sick designs. I've worked on a Paint-like program on a Mac the next year, which you can use gradients. For some odd reason, I was into the Grateful Dead deadhead logo, even though I've never listened to their music. Weird lol, but I've created different variations of it. Then, I've started using Paint. I was amateurish, but I've managed to create Goldberg's barbed wire tattoo, using a polygonal lasso too because using a simple lasso tool would be harder to do lol. I've finally graduated to using Paint Shop Pro back in 2002. With that, I was able to design Quake II skins and textures for the game. Then, I've graduated once again using Adobe Photoshop some time in 2005 or 2006. Since then, I've been using different versions of Photoshop, currently using Adobe Photoshop CC.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Favorite AVGN episode?

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite AVGN episode?
I don't necessarily have a favorite since I'm still trying to watch some episodes I haven't seen yet. I have to say the Silver Surfer episode is my favorite, for many of the flaws the game has and his reactions.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I don't necessarily have a favorite since I'm still trying to watch some episodes I haven't seen yet. I have to say the Silver Surfer episode is my favorite, for many of the flaws the game has and his reactions.
One of my favorites as well.

Follow up question, why the name Nimrod?

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
One of my favorites as well.

Follow up question, why the name Nimrod?
It's mainly because of the comic book villain, Nimrod. He's one of my favorite villains, because of his powers, abilities and his design. I've retired the "Doom" username because of the death of MF DOOM, out of respect. Plus, I've used the name for years in WC. Also, Nimrod is a biblical king in the Book of Genesis.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
It's mainly because of the comic book villain, Nimrod. He's one of my favorite villains, because of his powers, abilities and his design. I've retired the "Doom" username because of the death of MF DOOM, out of respect. Plus, I've used the name for years. Also, Nimrod is a biblical king in the Book of Genesis.
I have a lot of respect for that, and interesting that mention the biblical king since people forget about that

Reactions: Doom

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I have a lot of respect for that, and interesting that mention the biblical king since people forget about that
Why thank you Deth. :D

I thought it was the best username. I could have gone with my WF username Cyberdemon before choosing Nimrod.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Why thank you Deth. :D

I thought it was the best username. I could have gone with my WF username Cyberdemon before choosing Nimrod.
Doom reference?

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Doom reference?
Exactly.

Cyberdemon's a badass looking villain in the game. Has a mechanical leg, wields a rocket launcher on his arm, with a hideous face. That's a boss right there!

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Exactly.

Cyberdemon's a badass looking villain in the game. Has a mechanical leg, wields a rocket launcher on his arm, with a hideous face. That's a boss right there!
Awesome, and hell yeah he is. I remember trying to bet him when I was younger and failing a lot, lol.

Favorite Doom game?

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Awesome, and hell yeah he is. I remember trying to bet him when I was younger and failing a lot, lol.

Favorite Doom game?
Always the first one.

It's iconic, memorable and unforgettable. Wolfenstein 3D may have put the FPS genre in the spotlight. but DOOM took it to whole new levels. Although around 1994-95 playing on my mom's boyfriend's computer, it was hell playing the game with 5-20 something FPS. But, I've still enjoyed it. Playing the early FPS games in general is one of the things that made me a proud 90's kid.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Always the first one.

It's iconic, memorable and unforgettable. Wolfenstein 3D may have put the FPS genre in the spotlight. but DOOM took it to whole new levels. Although around 1994-95 playing on my mom's boyfriend's computer, it was hell playing the game with 5-20 something FPS. But, I've still enjoyed it. Playing the early FPS games in general is one of the things that made me a proud 90's kid.
I respect that. I do agrre that while Wolfestein created/put fps on the map, DOOM made it what it is today and later Quake.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Do you have a favourite graphic you've made that stands out above the rest and if so, do you still have it to show?