Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Probably the only one who really cares and will post in these threads but I'm bringing back MMA news just for the sake of having it.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_12461.shtml

For the second time in his MMA career, Nick Diaz has tested positive for marijuana out of a fight in the state of Nevada. Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer revealed on Thursday that Diaz failed his drug test for the fight against Carlos Condit last weekend at UFC 143, testing positive for marijuana metabolites.

A complaint for disciplinary action has been filed against Diaz, and his ultimate punishment will be handed out in the coming weeks.

There had been talk this week that a Condit-Diaz rematch would happen, but on Wednesday it was reported that the fight was off before getting signed. The fight was said to be off because something came up in Diaz's camp that rendered him "unable to compete." Now we know why.

Had Diaz defeated Condit on Saturday night, the bout would have been overturned to a no contest. The same thing happened to him back in February of 2007, when he submitted Takanori Gomi by gogoplata at Pride 33 in Las Vegas, only to test positive for marijuana in his system. That led to a six month suspension at the time. This second test could lead to a stiffer penalty, though the exact punishment for this infraction has not yet been determined.

Diaz also ran into an issue with the California State Athletic Commission in the summer of 2009. He was scheduled to take on Jay Hieron on the card that would end up being headlined by Gina Carano vs. Cris "Cyborg", but when he was asked to take a random drug test he did not show up, and was unable to get licensed for the event. He did not show up because he knew he would test positive for marijuana, and he has stated many times that it's something he would not be giving up.

After the loss on Saturday, Diaz stated that he would be retiring from MMA. A rematch with Condit would have pulled him out of that quickly, but if this positive test results in a lengthy suspension, retirement may possibly be in the cards for him.

What a loser.

Hope the UFC cuts him, just can't trust the guy.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
You know I'm not a pot user, I don't think pot is all its cracked up to be by people who do use it, but even I thought its kinda dumb that its a drug that is tested for in sports. I remember the Canadian snowboarder who won gold at the olympics, (I think it was 2002 or something like that) tested positive and there was talks of stripping of his gold. But they realized that pot would actually hinder his performance not inhance it. However in this case Nick Diaz. Here is a guy who is missing big pay days because he's too high to fight, and therefore his sponsors are losing a crap load of money. If he doesn't lose his sponsors after this, I'd be shocked.

Reaction score
You cannot go against either of the Diaz brothers here since they are from Stockton. At least 4 real fights broke out at Buffalo Wild Wings the night he beat BJ Penn up because some people booed Diaz. From what Ive heard, they are both giant assholes Hope they do send him down the river.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You know I'm not a pot user, I don't think pot is all its cracked up to be by people who do use it, but even I thought its kinda dumb that its a drug that is tested for in sports. I remember the Canadian snowboarder who won gold at the olympics, (I think it was 2002 or something like that) tested positive and there was talks of stripping of his gold. But they realized that pot would actually hinder his performance not inhance it. However in this case Nick Diaz. Here is a guy who is missing big pay days because he's too high to fight, and therefore his sponsors are losing a crap load of money. If he doesn't lose his sponsors after this, I'd be shocked.

You're thinking of Ross Rebligati or however you spell his name. Can't believe I remembered that.

And while I agree that it is absolutely ridiculous that they do test for weed I get the reasoning behind it. It's because it's an illegal substance.

Although, in a somewhat interesting turn of events yesterday, Keith Kizer the director of NSAC said that an exception for therapeutic use of marijuana can be granted. Diaz just never asked for one. I'd imagine he might have been able to given that he has a prescription for it in California.

You cannot go against either of the Diaz brothers here since they are from Stockton. At least 4 real fights broke out at Buffalo Wild Wings the night he beat BJ Penn up because some people booed Diaz. From what Ive heard, they are both giant assholes Hope they do send him down the river.

Yeah, I've heard a lot about the 209 in the weeks leading up to his UFC fights.

Nate's pretty safe as he's been winning and I don't think he's ever pissed hot for anything. I thought for sure Dana White was going to turf him but all he said yesterday was that he was "beyond disappointed." And coming from Dana White that's tame.

I feel now like he's going to let Nick serve his suspension (probably 12 months) and then bring him back because as much as I hate to say it, Diaz is a draw.

Reaction score
3 Things you should know about the 209

1. CNNN rates Stockton as the most depressing place to live, Modesto was ranked third
2. It is the meth capitol of the country. NO ONE smokes crack,only Meth.
3. For the last ten years the 209 lead the country (even Detroit) in auto theft.

That being said, this place is a pure shit hole. Only good thing is being so close to the true beauty of Cali like the Bay Area, the Big Trees forests and Yosemite. But here the air is toxic, the people are pure trash but the weather is pretty damn nice. I'd still rather bake in San Antonio; the food is better, the people are friendlier and its so much more cost effective to live there.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You should take pictures of some of the more notable areas and post them on here. I'd like to see that.