Nick Aldis talks feeling bitter after All In, how WWE role materialized

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Nick Aldis admits he felt "a little betrayed" following 2018's All In.

Aldis was involved in one of the feature matches on the show when he lost the NWA World Heavyweight title to Cody Rhodes. However, he recently told Inside the Ropes that his feeling of betrayal stems from learning Tony Khan and members of The Elite were all familiar and had been working on a project that would eventually become AEW.

Aldis said:

I felt a little bit betrayed when I found out that they were all familiar, they were all aware of Tony Khan and they had been sort of plotting this thing. And so then as we progressed a couple of months forward it's sort of like, 'Oh, that's already happening, that's sort of a done deal.' In that respect, I guess I felt that I could have been informed of that sooner.
But I just looked at it from the perspective of, well, that piece of business, meaning Cody and I at All In, that did nothing but good things for everyone involved. It wasn't like people looked and went, 'Oh, he's finished.'

He continued:

Look, I landed a six-figure contract off the back of that also. Cody obviously had a pipeline to a billionaire, so it was different. I only had a millionaire, he had a billionaire, but whatever.
Aldis regained the NWA World title from Cody the following month at NWA 70. He wouldn't lose it again until dropping the belt to Trevor Murdoch at NWA 73 in 2022. He left the promotion at the end of the year, briefly returned to Impact Wrestling, and eventually signed with WWE as a producer in August 2023.

Later in the interview, Aldis discussed what led to his signing with WWE.

He said:

I gave my notice to the NWA last year in November. I made it clear to WWE, I reached out to Paul Levesque and Bruce Prichard and said that I was going to be a free agent as of January the 1st and I would love to explore any opportunities with WWE.
We had some positive conversations and it was implied a the time things were a little unpredictable on the corporate side which obviously as we later discovered the impending sale and the sort of shit of management and responsibilities.
It was sort of suggested to me, 'Hey go and stay busy for a bit and let's circle back in a few months when things are a bit more clear. So, I did. I went and did some stuff, had my little run with Impact, which I thought went really well and then during that time, Bruce called me and said, 'How do you feel about being a producer?' He said, 'Look, I know it's probably not what you had in mind but it's something that we can do right away. We can get you in sooner as a producer.

Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Sounds like the door to wrestle is still open as most of us presumed. It’s just all about timing.

I’m just happy he was brought in. Been a fan for a while. It’s worth repeating that he’s killing his role right now.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Hopefully hes healthy enough to wrestle by Survivor Series.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler