Nia Jax says she was contacted to appear at Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
niarumble.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

During an interview on The Sessions with Renee Paquette, Lina Fanene (formerly known as Nia Jax in WWE) revealed that she turned down an offer to appear in this year's women's Royal Rumble match.

Fanene was released by WWE during a round of roster cuts last November. On The Sessions, Fanene said she received a call from someone in talent relations when WWE was putting together a list of possible women's Royal Rumble participants. Fanene thought the call was a joke at first. When she was told that it was serious, Fanene's response was that she would absolutely not be in the Rumble.

Oh, yeah, I did [receive a call to be in the Royal Rumble]. I was in the middle of trying to get my stuff back. I had a bunch of crap. You know how it is, like you're just shoving stuff in everybody’s boxes, whatever. So, I’m in the middle of getting my stuff back. They sent me a box and, like, more than half was missing. I’m like, 'Yo, what’s going on?'
When I got the call, I thought it was about like, 'Where's my stuff?' So I answered, I’m like, 'Hey, what’s up?' My homie in TR [talent relations], they were like, ‘Hey... we’re just calling to see if you’d be interested in participating in the Royal Rumble.’ And I started hysterically laughing because I thought it was my friend joking with me. I was like, 'Oh, you’re freaking hilarious.'
Then he was like, 'Actually, no, this is an official call.’ And I was like, 'Oh... f*ck no, I’m not coming back.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, we’d like to offer you this.’ I said, ‘First of all, I already know I’m still under my 90 days. You’re still going to be paying me anyway, so you’re not offering me anything.' I was like, 'No, I’m not f*cking coming back, absolutely f*cking not.’ I was like, ‘Is this all this was?’ And he was like, ‘Yes.’ I’m like, ‘Okay, bye.'

Paquette asked Fanene if it felt like a slap in the face to be released and then get a call when WWE needs bodies for the Royal Rumble.

That's exactly what it was. And guess what, they were accumulating a list. This is what I was told -- they were accumulating a list, they wanted to offer me the opportunity. Accumulate a list that they send to Vince, then Vince goes through the list and says who he wants and who he doesn't. I was like, 'So, you're asking me to be part of a list to go to the next step?' I was like, "F*ck no. How much more can you sh*t on me, dude?' Somebody was just like, 'We didn't want her to feel left out. If it got around that she didn't get asked, we didn't want her to feel left out.' I was like. 'F*ck you, that's such bullsh*t.' You needed people and I definitely [nixed] that.

Fanene said that, in the year before she was released, there was a change in the guard on the corporate side of WWE and things didn't feel how they used to feel. Fanene said she felt like she was in a dryer being tumbled in different directions and couldn't get settled.

It was reported that not being vaccinated for COVID-19 was one of the reasons for Fanene's release. Fanene confirmed on The Sessions that she decided not to get the vaccine. Fanene said she sat down with Vince McMahon at one point and was told that not getting the vaccine meant that she couldn't fulfill some of her contractual duties.

Fanene said in November that it's highly unlikely that she'll ever return to the ring. When asked about her future on The Sessions, Fanene didn't completely rule out wrestling again.

I never want to say never, because I do love the feeling I get in the ring. I do enjoy -- like, I loved wrestling. I didn’t like the sh*t, the politics, all the other BS. But also like, you know, I’m not getting any younger. And I already talked to you about it, like, I’m trying to find my man so I can start popping out babies.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
And guess what, she's exposed her past self as a liar

I usually keep my personal life private, but yesterday’s reports leave me with no option but to clarify matters. I recently took a short leave of absence from WWE for a mental health break. I’ve been working through so much — more than I can share — and so I took some time, with the full support of the company, to take care of myself.

Earlier this week, after WWE sent me my schedule to return to the ring for the November 15 show, I asked for an extension to my mental health break, feeling that I needed more time, and hoping I would have the ongoing support of the company I have given my all to for the past 7 years. I did not receive a response. The next I heard, I was being released. My vaccination status was never mentioned. I wasn’t given any choices or options.

It breaks my heart to be so abruptly let go, without consultation, when dealing with so much privately. I loved my career at WWE, I love the men and women I worked with, and I am going to need time to process this huge loss. I appreciate those people who have shown understanding and compassion during an incredibly difficult time.

Mental health break my ass. Good riddance to her.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Good.....stay gone.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Said it in the Rumble chat; should’ve brought BBWJAXXX for one last ride

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Nia just didn’t want me to stop watching, she knew I be done if she was in the Rumble :bosque

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Regardless of all my other thoughts on the woman, the "I'm still under my 90 days so you have to pay me whether I appear or not" attitude popped me

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Regardless of all my other thoughts on the woman, the "I'm still under my 90 days so you have to pay me whether I appear or not" attitude popped me
Yeah not gonna lie.....I liked that line also :hhh5:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Queen shit :proud