NFL Thread 2014/2015: Free Agengy Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cowboys released Demarcus Ware unsurprisingly

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Lot of big names released i.e Ware, Julius Peppers, Revis is rumored to be released soon. Gonna be an interesting offseason for sure.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
3 years, $30 million for Ware. Not sure how good of a pick up that was by the Broncos. I could see Ware having 3 more good years in him if he stays healthy though, so we'll see how it plays out.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think that is a huge move for Denver as they now got him and and Von Miller rushing the passer which is a dangerous combo. I don't think Ware is done just think that was a product of him being injured last year after being pretty healthy for most of his career. Talib was also a huge pick up as well and Denver's D has the chance to be pretty damn good at this rate. Liking that Baltimore kept Monroe at a good price and brought back Jones but really hope they go after guys like Hakim Nicks and such Ravens badly need to add to that WR core to help Flacco out.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I sort of wanted to shoot everyone in sight when the news broke about Ware yesterday. Can't say I was surprised, I just can't believe Jerry really did it. What annoys me the most are the people acting like he was always injured despite the fact he never missed a single game until last season. Or the laughable notion he wasn't contributing anymore, despite not having any help whatsoever on that defensive line. Credit to Denver though, they're making moves. Looks like they might finally get over the hump next season.

Revis to Patriots is huge. Serious upgrade from Talib. No doubt Belichick will know how to use him, unlike Tampa. He's going to make the Jets' lives a living nightmare. Their offense was bad enough, but now they have the best corner in the league to deal with.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Damn didn't really think the Pats were going to get him but great move esp one year deal. Curious to see where Decker ends up though it would be in his best interest to stay in Denver probably. Only way he should consider leaving is if he is going to play with Brady or another top QB. Also curious MJD who seems to be linked with the Jets which would be a pretty good landing spot for him. I think he has 2-3 more good years left in him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Decker was rumored to be in talks with the Jets too.

Kinda curious to see if anyone signs Vick. He was damn lucky to get a job in Philly after he got out of prison, but at his age and absence of any significant track record in the playoffs, it might be the end for him.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think Vick can wind up somewhere still. Prob with the Browns since they gave up both Weeden and Campbell... they sign Vick and pick a QB in the draft that way Vick can kinda groom the new guy and help him in the NFL system and show him the ropes of the game. I think it'd be a pretty good fit for him. And the Browns need all the help they can get anyways.

But I'm just curious where Steve Smith is going to be since my team decided to drop him. :(

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Vick would be perfect for the Vikings since the threat of Vick/Peterson running threats would be great. Vick isn't what he was but he's still one of the quickest QB's in the league even at his age the only issue is health guy just can't stay on the field. The Decker to the Jets thing wouldn't make any sense from Decker's standpoint to go from playing with Peyton Manning to possibly Geno Smith.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think Decker just wants the money and the Jets are stupid enough to overpay him. Verdict is still out on Geno Smith. He's no Peyton Manning, but I was surprised at how quickly he got going last year. Thought he would be a bust tbh.

Steve Smith to Ravens imo

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'd gladly take Steve Smith on the Ravens as they could use his experience and just need any good WR's they can get. As for Decker yeah I see him wanting the big money which will be the same mistake Mike Wallace made when he went to Miami and didn't do shit and went there straight up for the money.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think Decker just wants the money and the Jets are stupid enough to overpay him. Verdict is still out on Geno Smith. He's no Peyton Manning, but I was surprised at how quickly he got going last year. Thought he would be a bust tbh.

Steve Smith to Ravens imo

While Geno isn't really a bust... his main problem is that he just isn't consistent at all. He'll have a good game then a really terrible game, then good, then terrible. So while in that sense its consistent... heh it just isn't good.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
And it looks like my former WR... Steve Smith is now a Baltimore Raven.

DAMN YOU CAROLINA!