NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MrMister

Reaction score
I'd rather Brady stay healthy and just lose. That way there are no excuses.

Kinda like when the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl.

SAL

Reaction score
:lmao That's great.

Soo.....who wants the Patriots to lose and maybe get all of their players injured (or possibly maimed if possible)?

Oh, me me me me!!!

Btw I think it's a little goofy to completely ignore the fact that McDaniels ran the Patriots offense when they had the best offensive year in the history of the league.

MrMister

Reaction score
That offense could've been run by anyone posting in this thread and it would have been just as prolific. Look at what he had to work with. I already said this though.

Right place at the right time backed by Belichick (and cheating?).

SAL

Reaction score
That offense could've been run by anyone posting in this thread and it would have been just as prolific. Look at what he had to work with. I already said this though.

Right place at the right time backed by Belichick (and cheating?).

I guess when you say something that can't be proven or disproven you get the benefit of the conversation ending there. While we're at it, I could have handled the Civil War way better than Lincoln.

But if you think McDaniels' play-calling didn't make a difference in 2007, can you do me a favor and explain why they scored 589 points in 2007 (by far an NFL record) and only 427 in 2009, with virtually the same personnel on offense?

Kairi

Reaction score
jets better not let me down.

SAL

Reaction score
THAT'S GOOD WOODHEAD

oops, forgot we don't have the double post merging here.

SAL

Reaction score
I know you're a Falcons fan. I don't recognize sports bigamy.

MrMister

Reaction score
I guess when you say something that can't be proven or disproven you get the benefit of the conversation ending there. While we're at it, I could have handled the Civil War way better than Lincoln.

But if you think McDaniels' play-calling didn't make a difference in 2007, can you do me a favor and explain why they scored 589 points in 2007 (by far an NFL record) and only 427 in 2009, with virtually the same personnel on offense?

Lightning in a bottle. People caught up to what they were doing. Other offenses that were "impossible to stop" had declines the next year as well. I think the Vikings in 98? were the most recent example.

The bit about people here being able to be as successful OC's as McDaniels probably shouldn't be taken so literally. It was a humorous/light-hearted way of saying he's not that good/is overrated. Of course you may not have thought it was funny and that's ok.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
She only likes them cause she attracted to Sanchez Sal :lol:

Kairi

Reaction score
my boyfriend is a falcons fan, i just like a guy from this team or a guy from that team.

SAL

Reaction score
Lightning in a bottle. People caught up to what they were doing. Other offenses that were "impossible to stop" had declines the next year as well. I think the Vikings in 98? were the most recent example.

Very good point. My point is that the playcalling since McDaniels has left has been a legit problem for the Patriots. Bill O'Brien's been very shaky, and he could never use the talent as well as the Patriots did with McDaniels calling the shots. You are right to the extent that we can't know how much he had to do with that success.

The bit about people here being able to be as successful OC's as McDaniels probably shouldn't be taken so literally. It was a humorous/light-hearted way of saying he's not that good/is overrated. Of course you may not have thought it was funny and that's ok.

Oh. Well, I look for excuses to argue. :)

And Kairi, Mark Sanchez has the AIDS, you shouldn't be attracted to him.

SAL

Reaction score
Mark Sanchez trying to throw downfield is funny.