NFL: Ravens VS Titans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captive8

Reaction score
RAW becomming the B Show?

Since Smackdown was created in 99, Raw has always been the A show. When the brand split happened, Raw still remained the A show no matter who was on Smackdown. But now things seem to be changing. See on Raw I dont know where things are even heading in the WWE championship picture.

John Cena is the WWE champion and has been for the past, 7, going on 8 months. This month John Cena meets a man who has less of a move set than he does. John Cena should win or the wrestling world will come to a stand still.

After John Cena defeats Khali, then what? Feud with Khali some more the next few months? That it will be as boring as watching old people playing bingo. Randy Orton has been reduced to doing jobs. If the WWE is smart, they will place Orton in a feud with Cena until Triple H gets back. But I dont think Orton is going to be feuding with Cena, so where is Cena going from here? The only other person besides Shawn Michaels is Carlito.

The midcard on Raw is straight trash. The same guys who seem to be going where ever. Johnny Nitro, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, etc. What is going on with the tag team division?

There has been no tag team division since forever. The womens division is straight trash as well.

Smackdown is looking at becoming better at this time. Atleast over there they have Edge as the new World Heavyweight Champion and a bunch of feuds that can stem from that. Smackdown also has a returning Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio soon. Chris Benoit and MVP have had a good program and Mr.Kennedy is not going to be out that very long afterall.

What do you guys think?

PeepShow

Well, you have a point in if Cena loses what will happen w/ Kahli, but we dont ever have to worry about that b/c Vince loves him too much. IDK, but I just wish Cena would lose sooner rather than later

Reaction score
i think raw will always be the # 1 show. it has been around for much longer as you said, why would they decide to randomly make it number one all of a sudden. bringing up the returning mark henry does nothing to prove smack down is getting better. i change the channel during mark henry matches. rey mysterio could have a feud good matches left in him but he is getting older and more washed up... his speed, which he is known for, is lowering and he is out of his prime. i do agree with the current title picture on aw, but im just hoping soon someone liek jericho coems back and kills cena... or til Triple H comes back into the picture, a DX split could lead to some great triple threat or three way dance(although i knwo WWE isn't known for them)

the dark knight

smackdown still suck. raw will own no matter what. i said it b4, wwe just needs a damn draft lottery ...

edit- vince mcmahon still appears on raw not on smackdown which proves sumthin. and also raw being live and smackdown being taped then its results get leaked everywhere makes it lose a lot. and i'm getting bored with watching the same promos and matches on smackdown every week like, teddy kissing krystal, the kendrick and london vs the dominos and the most repeated match in wwe history : benoit vs mvp.

3lions

Reaction score
^^ Thanks for such a great post.

Imo, Raw will never be the 'B' show, but like everything in the World, will go through phases where it's competition is doing better (in terms of quality and momentum). It was only the other week that everyone was saying how SD! sucks, but now that something big happens (Edge winning World Title), it is better than Raw. WWE always has and always will put more focus on the Raw brand, but that doesn't mean SD! won't be as good. The two shows have different styles and people will always have different preferences towards which brand they like most.

I am more of a Raw fan, purely for the fact that I go out almost every Friday night and therefore rarely get the chance to watch the show, but when I do, it is a much better 'wrestling' product than Raw.

As the saying goes 'swings and roundabouts.'

the dark knight

^^post edited happy now? sorry i was in a hurry and i saw that the point was so clear .

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
it's just the main event part that smackdown has better, for the rest raw owns and will always own, btw the big point is that smackdown is improving right now, before edge it was very boring to watch,now there is something which really entertain

phantomgerald

i don't exactly enjoy sd at the moment, although all this might change with edge champ. i think right now, ecw looks the best. what sd and raw need to do is mix it up abit because the feuds are getting stale

Ben

Reaction score
BAL_helmetPhotoHeader.jpg
@
TEN_helmetPhotoHeader-2.jpg

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2