NFL: Packers VS Panthers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
What happened on the WHC? News and Notes on the WHC situation

- Prior to Edge winning the World Title this week, the Smackdown creative staff had been unsuccessfully pushing for his transfer from Raw to Smackdown.

- At the 4/30 meeting to discuss a new direction for the World Heavyweight title, Vince McMahon made it clear he didn’t want Batista to again win the title, but kept looking strong.

- Names strongly considered to replace The Undertaker as World champion included Edge, Randy Orton, and Mr. Kennedy. Kane was also considered, but he is working with a bad knee.

- Smackdown head writer Michael Hayes doesn’t consider Chris Benoit a main eventer due to his weakness in cutting promos.

(source: The Wrestling Observer)

HHHV1

Reaction score
Thats Why Smackdown Is Doing So Badly Chris Benoit Is Not A Main Eventer.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Benoit not the best on promos but he was WHC before and did pretty good during his reign. Kane's knee kept him from becoming champ that sucks, maybe when he isnt banged up he can become champ, or at least be in contention of the title. Orton screwed himself but we already knew that. Kennedy was hurt. So it only really left Edge. Edge right place right time. Lucky Edge.

Famou$ 187

There jus waitin fo Benoit to lose his title 1st.B4 he gets in tha WHC title picture.

Oasis

Reaction score
That sucks about Kane. Hopefully since Vince doesn't want Batista to be champ anymore Edge might actually have a decent reign as champ. And Benoit should be main eventing, PERIOD.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Benoit isnt half bad on the mic when given a chance when is the last time they let him talk? "Benoit is 4 Real" garunteed that wasnt his idea. They need to make him a tweener ass kicking but fans still love him, if he can be like he was in 2000 and the fued with rocky he'll be fine.

Great One

Orton was considered? Sweet, there's some progress at least. I think Edge could carry it, Kane should get his surgery now, since he's in a fucking TERRIBLE 'feud'.

Montana

- - Smackdown head writer Michael Hayes doesn’t consider Chris Benoit a main eventer due to his weakness in cutting promos.

(source: The Wrestling Observer)

Gq5bks@#$!

Michael Hayes is a blueberry. Weaking in cutting promos? You mean Rey Mysterio or Batista? Too old? Look at Batista and Kane.

No wonder Smackdown sucks, whenever Dusty Rhodes isnt there to save it.

Defiant One

Reaction score
agree with Montana dead on. Batista already a 2 time WHC and Benoit only 1 thats WEAK, Batista not in Benoit's league. I also think they should bring back Heyman he had the SD 6

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
You mean Kane could have been Champion if only his knee wasn't hurt. That sucks.

Also they're saying Benoit can't cut promos. Batista isn't a great promo cutter either but he's a two time WHC.

Once Orton fixes his attitude I think that he should be champ. I think that he is champion material and has potential to be really good.

I guess I think alot of people should be champ.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Well, I see Michael Hayes' reasoning in that Benoit is rather bad on the mic, but he makes up for it in the ring. It's also messed up that a report was out saying that Undertakers promos will be short in order to convey mystery. Why can't Chris Benoit have a short, quiet, promo and then whoop ass......like Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Soulpower

Wait...What? Benoit can't be a main-eventer because he can't cut promos... Neither can Umaga,Khali,Batista and Lashley and they're all part of the title picture in their respective brands.

Not only that when it comes to wrestlng, Benoit is far better than any of those other guys...I'm sorry, but that's a shitty excuse used by Hayes.

CenaMark54

^^^Khali can't cut a promo??? Speak for yourself.

The promo of the year was when Khali said "I want better competition"

3lions

Reaction score
^^^ I second that.

Personally, WWE made the right decision in choosing Edge to be the World Champion. It was the most dramatic option and he is the top heel in the business so will take the title to a new level. Kane has been jobbing constantly for the past two years. Benoit is the US Champion and should complete his feud with MVP before moving up the ranks. Orton owuld've been a good option and would have been able to 'Kill the Legend' that is Undertaker, once and for all. Kennedy isn't ready for a World Title run yet.