NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

^That always happens. Until people hear them on radio or see them on TV, they don't know who they are. I swear people are afraid to listen to somebody new. You always get those people, "oh I only listen to old school hip-hop, the new stuff is crap" Kiss my ass! Same thing with rock n roll fans.

His singles aren't even that good, aside from Can't Get Enough. I just find him boring on screen, I don't know how you have Rihanna in your video yet Trey Songz is picking her up like they just got married. Did enjoy the album, production was meh. He should've looked at outside help for some of his production, they need layers like Just Blaze and Kanye West. Planned on buying Ev's album but you know, Toronto sucks when it comes to album releases.

And about the multiple CD buys, I remember Busta Rhymes once saying when he was promoting The Big Bang, buy one for your car, your deck and one to keep in the original wrapping. But we'll see if these same people are listening to the album 3 weeks later.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

^That always happens. Until people hear them on radio or see them on TV, they don't know who they are. I swear people are afraid to listen to somebody new. You always get those people, "oh I only listen to old school hip-hop, the new stuff is crap" Kiss my ass! Same thing with rock n roll fans.

THIS.

I don't know how many people had no idea who J. Cole was until roughly 3 months ago lol. As a fan, I'm not one of those "fuck him he's getting popular now I'm gonna hate him" fans, the only thing that annoys me are those newer fans who don't even try and get into his older stuff (there were atleast 5 people who didn't believe me that "Lights Please" was'nt a new song lmao.)

I really liked the album, the singles weren't bad, weren't great but solid singles I thought. He falls into that category of rappers who no matter how talented they are they just can't be captivating on screen or live (Drake, who I've heard a lot of Cole comparisons to is in the exact same boat.)

Rell

Reaction score

lol that post is true as hell ^^^

as far as captivating screen presences, Drake and Cole are far behind most of the newer cats (Big Sean, Tyler, Meek Mill, etc.)

they both come of as super corny at times. I don't mind though...

straight_edge76

Reaction score

Yeah they do, it doesn't really bother me hell, Eminem and Nas, two of my favorite rappers come off as awkward on stage or on screen lmao, it aint really a big deal IMO.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score

Any love for ASAP Rocky?

[yt]ob3ktDxAjWI[/yt]

[yt]AhKd0YCPIa8[/yt]

Rell

Reaction score

I fuck with purple swag and this other joint he has called Uptown. That's about it... dude seems to be the new flavor of the month hipster blog-rap phenom though...

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Any love for ASAP Rocky?

[yt]ob3ktDxAjWI[/yt]

[yt]AhKd0YCPIa8[/yt]

Had this playing while on another page. Zoned out and thought this was Wiz's old shit.

Don't kill me but I fucks with this:

[YT]R-zrwwIUaBY[/YT]

[YT]Tf0JM5eblVg[/YT] <----yes I know it was controversial but I fux with it...

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score

[yt]NE3MLDl-wJ8[/yt]

HI RIHANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

:lmmmao: I was dying that entire time. Eminem destroyed EVERYBODY!!! Maybe not Busta but everyone else.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

I would say Crooked I had the best Cypher (and need I remind everyone of my Em fandom?). the only reason people think Busta's was so good was because the damn thing lasted forever lol.

trilogy

Reaction score

eminem by far was the best. nobody even touched him at all. busta was close and really good but came up short. luda was also close too. all of shady 2.0 was nasty

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score

LiveLoveASAP.jpg

Nipsey_Hussle_The_Marathon_Continues-front-large.jpg

Montana

Reaction score

So what's been your guys favorite albums of 2011? The 3 albums that come to mind are Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, and J. Cole. Carter 4 and Watch the Throne was decent albums, but those other guys put out better albums imo. I'd put those albums around the 9/10 range and i was even expecting a little more out of J Cole, but still a good album.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

ReturnOf4Eva > Greatest Story Never Told > WTT > Section80 > Cole World > Ambition > the rest > some other things > Carter IV

I've yet to listen to the leaked Take Care but listened to a stream of Childish Gambino's Camp and that was really good.

[yt]d8Kitdn0tF4[/yt]