NFL 2018/2019 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Days of our Steelers has new competition for the daytime Emmy.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
It would have been an interesting day if I didn't see the loss coming a mile away based on this season :cry:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If Baker Mayfield continues to improve and the Browns actually make the playoffs, I'd say we are all doomed and the end is certainly nigh.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
If Baker Mayfield continues to improve and the Browns actually make the playoffs, I'd say we are all doomed and the end is certainly nigh.

Even though from what I know about Cleveland... This is the norm

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
With the league having entered the offseason now, all I can say is the Raiders better draft fucking OUTSTANDINGLY with those three first round picks to make up for trading Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
With the league having entered the offseason now, all I can say is the Raiders better draft fucking OUTSTANDINGLY with those three first round picks to make up for trading Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.

I mean, they can draft great picks, but they may not have anywhere to play next year.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I mean, they can draft great picks, but they may not have anywhere to play next year.
It's looking between either playing another season in Oakland, sharing a stadium with the 49ers, or playing in the SF Giant's stadium.

The city of Oakland is kind of screwing the team over, so they're hesitant to do that. Something will be decided soon because it has to be, they can't start on the schedule until they have an established stadium.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It's looking between either playing another season in Oakland, sharing a stadium with the 49ers, or playing in the SF Giant's stadium.

The city of Oakland is kind of screwing the team over, so they're hesitant to do that. Something will be decided soon because it has to be, they can't start on the schedule until they have an established stadium.

I mean, they have probably one of the worst stadiums in the league, and I know that from the A's also, Oakland is kinda poor as a city... And to be fair, I wouldn't be so willing to pay for a team any more than I need to when they will be heading to Vegas in a year or so.

Snowman1

Reaction score

I feel so bad for y'all. That little blip of hope disappeared so quickly...

Unpopular opinion: Given Carr's contract you couldn't afford Mack, so you could have wasted a good season from the dude before he would have walked anyway, and Cooper sucked in Oakland. While you actually did well to dump those two, I imagine being a Raiders fan in this draft was like being a Browns fan in the last one. Maybe this draft will go as well, we can hope.

To your point though it's a shame you just have one top-20 pick out of it

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Oh yeah the trades had to happen, it just sucks to see a guy like Mack go when he pretty much was the defense. Cooper hurts less, curious to see how things would have went if he'd been targeted more but paying him would still be an issue. It's easier to find a decent WR than an outstanding linebacker IMO.

Raiders have lots and lots of cap space to work with, so some good free agent signings combined with a good draft could go a long way.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Oh yeah the trades had to happen, it just sucks to see a guy like Mack go when he pretty much was the defense. Cooper hurts less, curious to see how things would have went if he'd been targeted more but paying him would still be an issue. It's easier to find a decent WR than an outstanding linebacker IMO.

Raiders have lots and lots of cap space to work with, so some good free agent signings combined with a good draft could go a long way.

Hot take: They'd set the Raiders up better than blowing the draft will.
I'll be here all day.

Really though, if you could pull off a Rodger Saffold-type frontloaded as all hell contract or two it would do you well, but Oakland dipping into free agency here sounds scary. Picking up a bunch of players just in it for a paycheck does not a successful team make

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Free agency is always risky, basically just have to put your faith in the front office which I'm not always feeling good about with the Raiders.

The team does need a really good, solid playmaker of a RB. I'm hoping with everything in me they don't throw Le'Veon Bell a shitload of money. He might do well, but the league saw how he held out on the Steelers because he wanted more money. Combined with his off the field stuff, bad mix. People seem to be hoping for them to sign Dee Ford from the Chiefs, and while he's fast as hell I don't think he'd fit into the Oakland scheme as much. Pass rush should come from the draft since there's a lot of good linemen in there this year. The Chiefs are probably going to tag Ford anyway.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Free agency is always risky, basically just have to put your faith in the front office which I'm not always feeling good about with the Raiders.

The team does need a really good, solid playmaker of a RB. I'm hoping with everything in me they don't throw Le'Veon Bell a shitload of money. He might do well, but the league saw how he held out on the Steelers because he wanted more money. Combined with his off the field stuff, bad mix. People seem to be hoping for them to sign Dee Ford from the Chiefs, and while he's fast as hell I don't think he'd fit into the Oakland scheme as much. Pass rush should come from the draft since there's a lot of good linemen in there this year. The Chiefs are probably going to tag Ford anyway.

Every team should stay away from Le'veon Bell, but you know there's going to be someone throwing a 80 million dollar contract at him. I'm just glad it won't be the Steelers. There isn't a running back that should be making 20 million a year, like Le'veon was wanting.

Reactions: Snowman1