NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

lol you just signed a 30-year-old running back.

Nothing to see here.

A running back that's motivated to finally get a championship and will only be getting 15 to 20 carries a game. They are a pass-first team, all he needs to do is be effective. Also you whine about Ed Reed leaving and he's what 35?

Use some logic, you're ignorant posts hurt the thread.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

That is still a great running back though esp now that he is on a contender and doesn't have to try and carry the whole offense by himself. He isn't past his prime yet and it helps that he is a power back rather than a speed back. So I wouldn't dismiss him as used goods until another few years he just was playing on a irrelevant football team for years.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

A running back that's motivated to finally get a championship and will only be getting 15 to 20 carries a game. They are a pass-first team, all he needs to do is be effective. Also you whine about Ed Reed leaving and he's what 35?

The guy has barely eclipsed 2,000 rush yards the past two years and only has 9 touchdowns to boot in those seasons. And that's in a rush-frenzy offensive system. You just don't want to realize your team just over-paid for a guy whose career is on a considerable decline and that you will most-likely lose key players on your team in coming years because of this desperate signing.

And comparing this signing to Ed Reed leaving Baltimore is laughable. Reed still plays at a high level and was the leader of that Baltimore secondary. Jackson won't surpass 1,000 yards this season because no one is afraid of him anymore and the Falcons don't even run enough anymore to warrant that kind of signing. But if you're happy with your team wasting money, so be it. Your team can waste away before jobbing to the 49ers in the playoffs lololololololololol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

To be fair a running back wears down faster than any other position in football and have very short shelf life. I still think S-Jax is lucky enough to not be used goods and is on the right team to get whatever he has left out of him but a older player at other positions isn't the same as a older player at running back so I wouldn't say Cerbs doesn't use logic in this situation.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Ed Reed still playing at a high level? That's why he was blowing coverages and having a quiet year. Dude you are biased, flat out. I'm done arguing with you, totally negating Jackson's impact just shows it. Nobody has said that Jackson being signed wasn't a big deal. Some people aren't thrilled, but he's going to make an impact. Whatever enjoy your team going on a decline. Jackson got signed for probably 3 million a year, they will be just fine. Get your ass head out of your ass.

Funny how a Ravens fan talks about how they are going to miss out on re-signing players, when the team did just that by re-signing a barley above average quarterback. Flacco has 3 good games, congrats now go drop the entire bank on him. I guess a championship has that much of an impact, which is great.

Last edited:

Showtime

Reaction score

The guy has barely eclipsed 2,000 rush yards the past two years and only has 9 touchdowns to boot in those seasons. And that's in a rush-frenzy offensive system. You just don't want to realize your team just over-paid for a guy whose career is on a considerable decline and that you will most-likely lose key players on your team in coming years because of this desperate signing.

And comparing this signing to Ed Reed leaving Baltimore is laughable. Reed still plays at a high level and was the leader of that Baltimore secondary. Jackson won't surpass 1,000 yards this season because no one is afraid of him anymore and the Falcons don't even run enough anymore to warrant that kind of signing. But if you're happy with your team wasting money, so be it. Your team can waste away before jobbing to the 49ers in the playoffs lololololololololol

He got nine touchdowns on the Rams which should be seen as accomplishment considering how AWFUL everything else on their offense was. Jackson is also consistent when it comes to getting yards and is about as reliable as can be when he's healthy and playing so you know what he'll bring them. Having good players around him will also help a boat load as teams won't just be expecting rush after rush after rush like they did for years when their passing game got them nothing.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

He's still 30-years-old and anyone who knows anything about football knows that paying big bucks for a running back at that age is a pretty dumb move. For a running back, he's far past his prime, and bringing him into a pass-frenzy offense that has little need for him in the first place is a ridiculous waste of money no matter how you slice it. It's a passing league, and the Falcons will never be any better than they were last year until Matt Ryan learns how to NOT blow big games no matter who they sign at running back, a position that is becoming more and more irrelevant each year.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

The deal by the way is 3 years 12 million. 4 mill a year isn't that bad though I think he'll be done by that last year.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Sorry if I pissed off anyone for making any personal attacks, it just annoys me when someone posts so frequent about something but says ridiculous things that don't make sense. You can have your opinion on Ryan, he's certainly not elite but he's a fantastic quarterback.

Just think about the system that Jackson will be in. He'll be at best the 3rd most dangerous player in that offense. Julio Jones and Roddy White are still the most explosive receivers. Then you have Jackson and Gonzalez as the steady veterans who are always productive. Don't forget about Jacquizz Rodgers, who will play a big role in Jackson's reduced carries.

Also don't forget Jackson has run for 1,000 yards in 8 straight seasons. He's never been the most durable, but it proves that he rarely takes games off. He gave his heart and soul to a bottom feeder franchise for all these years. He had to deal with 8 men in the box for the majority of his career. Could you imagine how much damage he can do now, since playing 8 men in the box against Atlanta is playing with fire knowing how easily you can allow a big touchdown.

Sure San Fran and Seattle are still very good and Atlanta could lose in the 2nd round to either of those teams. I can understand that, but if you don't think Atlanta doesn't benefit from this move then you are out of your mind. Jackson has at least 2 good years left as well. The guy is motivated to win a Super Bowl and doesn't have to carry the load anymore.

I want to post with everyone on here because you all love the sport as much as I do but seriously don't be so biased. The fact that Jackson is only getting 4 million a year shows how good that deal is. Overpaid? Go look at Mike Wallace's contract getting 30 million guaranteed. Wallace is explosive, but that's a pretty big risk. I'll avoid being such a hot-head (it's a New York thing people tell me, sounds stupid but they may be right) but seriously Steven Jackson isn't noteworthy? I'm sure Dod would be going wild if he went to his Packers or Bronco fans would go wild to see Jackson go to their team (both teams were linked to Jackson). I think I could enjoy seeing Jackson come to my team to help their offense not be so one dimensional.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Apparently the Ravens are in talks with James Harrison which would be a awesome fit since they are in need of LB's and a hard hitter like him.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Apparently the Ravens are in talks with James Harrison which would be a awesome fit since they are in need of LB's and a hard hitter like him.

if by "hard hitter" you mean criminal out to injur people then yes he's that....fuck that guy..

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Ed Reed still hasn't signed with Houston, so it's still possible he might stay in Baltimore. San Francisco is apparently one of his other options, the other being the Colts. It's going to be interesting to see what he does, I was almost certain he was gong to take the Texans' deal and run with it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

This is pretty similar to Ray from a few years ago when Ray was rumored to go to the Cowboys which is a good thing since Ray came back. They basically let Ray go out and see his value first and then just ended up resigning him after that. Seems like since Ed left Houston without signing he is just allowing Baltimore decide if they wanna match whatever offer Houston offered. He really has no reason to leave if the Ravens want to keep him which they seem to want to. A vet only leaves for another team if they are unwanted or chasing a ring and he already has that. So see no reason why he wouldn't want to retire a Raven like Boulware, J.O and Ray.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

NFL.com's blaming the PITBULL concert for running off Reed too early in the talks.

Gotta admit, that's a pretty creative excuse. If he doesn't sign with the Texans, Houston is going to hate Pitbull forever.

31162436.jpg

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Will have a new found respect for Pitbull if Reed resigns with Baltimore. Interesting though to read that he left there without even a deal in place.