NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

Matt Ryan is #5 and the guys with two rings are #6 and #10 :lmao

Awful list.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Matt Ryan is #5 and the guys with two rings are #6 and #10 :lmao

Awful list.

Roethlisberger hasn’t played well since 2010. He’s very injury prone and hasn’t put up great numbers, which is why Pittsburgh hasn’t won a playoff game in two years. As for Eli, he really struggled this season and let down just like most of the Giants team. This is active right now, it’s a pretty damn good list. You can put Eli over Ryan, that’s understandable but not Roethsliberger. Get a clue.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Roethlisberger hasn’t played well since 2010. He’s very injury prone and hasn’t put up great numbers, which is why Pittsburgh hasn’t won a playoff game in two years. As for Eli, he really struggled this season and let down just like most of the Giants team. This is active right now, it’s a pretty damn good list. You can put Eli over Ryan, that’s understandable but not Roethsliberger. Get a clue.
I'm not going to put Ryan over ANYBODY who has actually won more than 1 playoff game, let alone a goddamned Super Bowl... TWICE. I think you're the one who needs to get a clue, buddy. Elite QB's win Super Bowls and the others play for teams like the Falcons who have still never won one. That's brutal honesty for ya.

Matt Ryan is more comparable to Matt Schaub than anyone. A guy with a ton of weapons and a great offensive line who still manages to turn the ball over as much as anyone. That's not indicative of a great quarterback, it's a lot more like a poser looking like a total stud behind a good team. His playoff record proves it. Deal with it.

Last edited:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Agree with your Matt Ryan argument, he is not a top 5 quarterback... but he is clearly better than Ben Roethlisberger, despite his two rings. He isn't a bad quarterback at all but those Steelers teams won with a wicked defense and pounding run game. Roethlisberger' main responsibility was to not turn the ball over and to his credit he did his job... i would also suggest that Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls in the same fashion but his play has gotten better over the last few years where Big Ben's has certainly declined... My top ten looks like this:
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. RGIII
7. Matt Ryan
8. Andrew Luck
9. Russel Wilson
10. Ben Roethlisberger
and someone like Cam Newton or Colin Kaepernick could easily slip past Big Ben next year if he plays poorly again

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

You are comparing a guy who was an MVP candidate (Ryan) with a game manager (Schaub). This argument is over, why waste my time with stupidity. Ryan may not be top 5, but 3 straight years of 29 touchdowns or more deserves major respect.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Matt Ryan has only thrown barely 20 more TD passes than Matt Schaub the past 4 seasons and Matt Schaub was INJURED one of those seasons, so yeah, I'd say the comparison is pretty damn accurate. Schaub's average QB rating over those 4 seasons is 94.24 compared to Ryan's 90.8. Even Tony Fucking Romo (96.37) puts up better numbers than Matt Ryan. That's okay though, because I know you don't actually believe in things like REALITY because omgmattryanisoursaviorlolololololol!

Get a clue.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

seyssi.png

MrMister

Reaction score

Matt Ryan won me a fantasy championship guys. HE'S FOR REAL.

Losing Tony Gonzalez is going to hurt him bad though. Still has the best WR tandem in the league, but Gonz is the best TE of all time and still plays at an elite level. You can't replace that.

Not even sure it matters after Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. Those are the God Tier, and everyone else files in behind them. I would've had Griffin up there but Ngata killed him. Flacco is immune to being rattled. He might be the first guy I'd want after those top 4. That's a vast change from about three years ago.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Matt Ryan won me a fantasy championship guys. HE'S FOR REAL.

Losing Tony Gonzalez is going to hurt him bad though. Still has the best WR tandem in the league, but Gonz is the best TE of all time and still plays at an elite level. You can't replace that.

Not even sure it matters after Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. Those are the God Tier, and everyone else files in behind them. I would've had Griffin up there but Ngata killed him. Flacco is immune to being rattled. He might be the first guy I'd want after those top 4. That's a vast change from about three years ago.

I think Philip Rivers and Jay Cutler would agree with you

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

Keep in mind Rivers plays on a terrible, terrible offense, with no WR threat before they discovered Alexander, an Arena League quality running game, a second rate o-line, and one of the worst Head Coaches in the league for the last few years running the show. Even Cutler's o-line has really hurt his game. I wouldn't take any of the rookies ahead of Rivers or Cutler, let-alone Newton if all teams are even. I've watched many games over the last year and every one has very clear flaws purely as quarterbacks.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

JAY RATLIFF YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!111111

Jay Ratliff arrested on drunk-driving charge in Texas - NFL.com

I guess the whole Josh Brent situation didn't teach this piece of shit anything. Holy motherfucking mother of god. REALLY? I mean... REALLY?!

6-10 season, here we fucking come.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

No one cares about Dallas and it's silly players.

WHO'S READY FOR JaMarcus Russell?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Yeah like anyone gives a flying fuck about Jamarcus Russell either. Nobody is going to sign that piece of shit. The fact that he has a former running back in Marshall Faulk "training" him speaks volumes. Good choice, Jamarcus, ask a running back how to make better decisions throwing the goddammed ball. Congratulations you finally figured out how to throw screen passes. Now all you need is a team desperate enough to sign a QB who doesn't give a shit. Good luck with that. I recommend the Jets, but I doubt even Rex Ryan would be stupid enough to sign the biggest flop in NFL history.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

The Russell thing is too funny considering he is apparently like 300 pounds. He'll be lucky to get on arena football team let alone NFL.

As for Ratliff just unbelievable. He has to get a strong punishment.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore" Darrelle Revis' trade market.

According to La Canfora, owner Woody Johnson has "strong reservations" about the team's ability to extend Revis beyond the final year of his contract next season, and wants to "attempt to land value for Revis now, rather than risk losing him" in free agency. It's a sign the Jets are dead serious about rebuilding and addressing their cap issues, but it would be strange timing to trade Revis, as he's coming off a torn ACL. Selling low on your best player isn't recommended in any sport. However, a clause in Revis' contract bars the Jets from using the franchise tag, so the danger of losing him next winter is real. Even coming off a major knee injury, interest in Revis should be robust if he's truly made available.

Source: CBSSports.com

Last edited: