NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MrMister

Reaction score
re: NFL 2012/13 Postseason Thread

^ 5 picks.

Oh well, I suppose Geno Smith is headed to Dallas next April. Romo is just not the guy. This is one of those games that really shows you who he really is behind all his phoney stats.

And Jason Garrett... wow. What kind if coach doesn't even fucking know what types of calls he can challenge?

Regardless, I'm convinced Dallas is due for full-blown rebuilding mode from head to toe. May as well deal Ware for multiple 1st round draft picks and start over. It sounds crazy, but Dallas is just so bad right now it may be our best option. If we start rebuilding now, we could be back in contention by 2015-16. If we just bleed ourselves slowly, we're looking towards the 2020's. The Romo era is just not going to cut it.

You can't trade Ware. You just can't. Deal Romo. Deal Austin or Dez. Ware is a potential future Hall of Famer.

And Romo isn't a 5 INT a game QB. But he's not the 2nd highest rated QB of all time either. I'm not really defending him here because I don't think he can get it done either. We're into his sixth season or so and he's regressed badly this season. He's not getting a lot of help though so it's not all on him. It's never on one guy.

Also, Garrett has to go soon. Dallas faces the Ravens, Panthers, Giants, Falcons, and Eagles after the bye. I don't see them winning any of these games with this offense being so inept. Garrett is the scapegoat because he's awful and he's the easiest to replace.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I agree dealing Ware would break my heart, but what type of trade value do you really think we're going to get for Romo at this point? I know maybe a team with absolutely NO quarterback like the Browns might want him, but not even a team with the most dire need for a serviceable QB is going to give up what we need for Romo with the way he's been playing.

And yeah I agree it's not all his fault and I'm all for getting rid of Dez too at this point (total fraud btw) but only dealing someone with market value is going to get us to a top 5 draft pick or two, which is what we need to get a great QB. I don't want to grab one that falls into the 2nd round like Quincy Fucking Carter who turns out being no improvement. We're not shitty enough to get a pick that high with our own w/l record, which is kind of unfortunate in a really weird fucking way. If we do head down that stretch of hard games coming up and flop and heads roll in the front office, then maybe.

But at least you acknowledge some of the blame is on Romo and he is definitely not playing as well as he used to. I get so sick and fucking tired of arguing with Cowboys fans who still defend the guy like it's everybody else's fault BUT his. Fucking ridiculous. My fingers felt like they were bleeding Monday night/Tuesday morning after I finally got done ranting about that piss poor performance on FB, NFL.com, dallascowboys.com, fucking everywhere that had a "post" button. Haven't been that pissed from a game since Garrett iced Bailey last year and that's fucking raged. And all I read is "Aaawww don't get rid of Romo! He'll just go to another team and win a Super Bowl!", "He doesn't have the right pieces around him!", "It's his offensive line's fault!", "It's Jerry Jones's fault", "It's the architect who built Cowboys Stadium's fault! It's not loud enough! NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!" (I shit you not, I SERIOUSLY fucking read that).

But yeah. As you can tell, I'm in a bit of a fucking fit over this.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I usually defend Romo by default because most fans around here are convinced that it's absolutely all his fault, they'll blame him for a 37-36 loss, but not even acknowledge that the defense let up that many points, so it gets pretty annoying. I don't like it, but I usually have to defend Romo in that aspect. I really do hate the guy though, he's got all the statistics, but he's just not a winner. I'm all for getting rid of him, Dez too (Thought he was going to be baggage when we drafted him). Cowboys at this point need to just fuck everything and start rebuilding because the franchise is a mess.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I actually looked up how old Jerry Jones is and was pretty disappointed when I discovered he's only 69. You can pretty much guess where I'm going with this, and yeah I admit it's a pretty fucked up way of looking at it, but he's a humongous fucking problem with the franchise as well. The coaching carousel in Dallas has not gone our way at all, and that has a lot to do with the politics in the front office. If I really had to put my finger on one thing that has hurt us worse than anything, it's definitely been in the instability of our coaching positions. Jerry didn't want to pay Sean Payton head coach salary to stay on as offensive coordinator in Dallas, so he goes to New Orleans and wins a fucking Super Bowl. Then after Parcells leaves because of Jerry taking control of free agency and bringing in people like T.O. that Parcells didn't want, he promotes the defensive coordinator to head coach even though Wade Phillips had already proven he fucking SUCKS as a head coach. Then he fires him and promotes Jason Garrett who had absolutely ZERO head coach experience (not even fucking college football)... you know, maybe that type of shit flies up in fucking Cleveland or Cincinnati, but this is fucking DALLAS, okay? And of course Garrett has been a complete flop as a head coach, our team has stunk like holy fuck every since he became the coach. But all of that, ALL of that... is ultimately Jerry Jones's fault. If he can fork up the money to bring in a wide receiver who shit on our logo during a game once, he can spend his precious money to bring us a fucking winning coach, stay out of his way, and hopefully not run him off this time.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Real nice opening drive by the Rams and that catch by Amendola :peyton:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

This Rams D line is fucking serious they are killing him with only a 3 man rush.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Jesus Williams got fucking decked

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Dude fucking flew 5 yards, that was scary.

Reaction score

This Rams D line is fucking serious they are killing him with only a 3 man rush.

They just had to grow into their own.

Robert Quinn was a steal at 14th in the 2011 Draft.

Onto some news from the Replacement Refs. Now that they're able to talk about some of the calls they made, it seems as if they called the play at the end of the Seahawks/Packers Game exactly the way they were taught by the NFL Officials.

He and Core explained that they were taught by the officials who trained the replacement refs that there’s a philosophy for every rule in the NFL. The philosophy regarding hail mary situations, they were told, is to not call an interception or pass interference. Instead, they were told to just let the play unfold because there’s too many hands in the situation.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

ucGcH.png

XzF5I.png

9J0p1.png

YNY49.png

4lQ21.png

VEaPI.png

KeUvW.png

tp0Gn.png

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

I FUCKING LOVE IT.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Yeah I had to read it a few times for it to get old.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Eli killing Vick was the best part

MrMister

Reaction score

I agree dealing Ware would break my heart, but what type of trade value do you really think we're going to get for Romo at this point? I know maybe a team with absolutely NO quarterback like the Browns might want him, but not even a team with the most dire need for a serviceable QB is going to give up what we need for Romo with the way he's been playing.

And yeah I agree it's not all his fault and I'm all for getting rid of Dez too at this point (total fraud btw) but only dealing someone with market value is going to get us to a top 5 draft pick or two, which is what we need to get a great QB. I don't want to grab one that falls into the 2nd round like Quincy Fucking Carter who turns out being no improvement. We're not shitty enough to get a pick that high with our own w/l record, which is kind of unfortunate in a really weird fucking way. If we do head down that stretch of hard games coming up and flop and heads roll in the front office, then maybe.

But at least you acknowledge some of the blame is on Romo and he is definitely not playing as well as he used to. I get so sick and fucking tired of arguing with Cowboys fans who still defend the guy like it's everybody else's fault BUT his. Fucking ridiculous. My fingers felt like they were bleeding Monday night/Tuesday morning after I finally got done ranting about that piss poor performance on FB, NFL.com, dallascowboys.com, fucking everywhere that had a "post" button. Haven't been that pissed from a game since Garrett iced Bailey last year and that's fucking raged. And all I read is "Aaawww don't get rid of Romo! He'll just go to another team and win a Super Bowl!", "He doesn't have the right pieces around him!", "It's his offensive line's fault!", "It's Jerry Jones's fault", "It's the architect who built Cowboys Stadium's fault! It's not loud enough! NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!" (I shit you not, I SERIOUSLY fucking read that).

But yeah. As you can tell, I'm in a bit of a fucking fit over this.

Yeah we wouldn't get shit for Romo or Dez most likely, but they're extra draft picks. Can't have enough picks. Trade the picks to move up or use them.

It's just you won't find anyone close to Ware in drafts. Not saying Romo will be easy to replace, but Ware might be impossible to replace.

As for getting a top pick...if the Dallas offense continues to be this bad, we'll have a top 5 pick for sure. The Browns, Jets, Jags, Dolphins, Cardinals, etc have all scored more points than Dallas. That's embarrassing.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Yeah we wouldn't get shit for Romo or Dez most likely, but they're extra draft picks. Can't have enough picks. Trade the picks to move up or use them.

It's just you won't find anyone close to Ware in drafts. Not saying Romo will be easy to replace, but Ware might be impossible to replace.

As for getting a top pick...if the Dallas offense continues to be this bad, we'll have a top 5 pick for sure. The Browns, Jets, Jags, Dolphins, Cardinals, etc have all scored more points than Dallas. That's embarrassing.
Even if Dallas winds up with a high pick in the draft, I'm not so sure I trust Jerry Jones to draft the right guy. We might end up reeling in the next Jamarcus Russel with our luck.

And with Ware, yeah I agree we're not going to be able to replace him if we deal him. However, the guy is total HOF material and he might not get the induction if he doesn't have a Super Bowl win. It's especially hard for defensive players to get in. I would be happy for the guy if he went to a good team and won a championship tbh because he's not going to get one in his career playing for Dallas. As hard as he plays, by the time we finally field a caliber team again, he's going be regressed so badly and be more of a salary cap liability than anything. Just as long as that team isn't a division rival or the Steelers. He's definitely going to be in the Cowboys Stadium Ring of Honor regardless, but he deserves more.