"Next Show Countdown"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
Put this code on the header

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
//######################################################################################

dateFuture1 = new Date(2011,11,29,21,0,0);

//###################################
//nothing beyond this point
function GetCount(ddate,iid){

dateNow = new Date();	//grab current date
	amount = ddate.getTime() - dateNow.getTime();	//calc milliseconds between dates
	delete dateNow;

// if time is already past
	if(amount < 0){
		document.getElementById(iid).innerHTML="SmackDown is ON!";
	}
	// else date is still good
	else{
		days=0;hours=0;mins=0;secs=0;out="";

amount = Math.floor(amount/1000);//kill the "milliseconds" so just secs

days=Math.floor(amount/86400);//days
		amount=amount%86400;

hours=Math.floor(amount/3600);//hours
		amount=amount%3600;

mins=Math.floor(amount/60);//minutes
		amount=amount%60;

secs=Math.floor(amount);//seconds

out += days +" "+((days==1)?"day":"days")+", ";
		out += hours +" "+((hours==1)?"hour":"hours")+", ";
		out += mins +" "+((mins==1)?"min":"mins")+", ";
		out += secs +" "+((secs==1)?"sec":"secs")+", ";
		out = out.substr(0,out.length-2);
		document.getElementById(iid).innerHTML=out;

setTimeout(function(){GetCount(ddate,iid)}, 1000);
	}
}

window.onload=function(){
	GetCount(dateFuture1, 'countbox1');

};
</script>
<div id="countbox1"></div>

Dates might be slightly off.
You will need to customize text color and size.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
I don't see any heavy development needed for a site this small.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
I still don't see the heavy.

MyBB Plugin developing was easy. Jammerx2 taught me how to do shit in 5 mins.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
You must not know how easy PHP is.

If I can make a multi-threaded and auto-pilot bruteforcer and scanner using MySQL to store successful logins, I'm sure I can make a post/thread rating system, automated MOTM (easy, just take in votes and hand out whatever based on certain conditions). Don't remember the other one.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
"those are like so simple, could do those in a day or 2", "plz u thnk thats hard? i made those plugins n more like last week", "I made a hackz to get into the fbi.gov site framework and get the locations of everyone in united states."

The reason I take so long on the stuff I do, is mainly due to an interest of general knowledge; I develop with a mind set at looking to learn the infrastructure of MyBB and how to better improve it. Sure, making a plugin can take 5 minutes, but I can guarantee the code will be completely unreadable 4 months down the line when someone reveals a bug in the system. I take that extra amount of time to keep my code readable.

That, and I'm just lazy.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
"those are like so simple, could do those in a day or 2", "plz u thnk thats hard? i made those plugins n more like last week"

The reason I take so long on the stuff I do, is mainly due to an interest of general knowledge; I develop with a mind set at looking to learn the infrastructure of MyBB and how to better improve it. Sure, making a plugin can take 5 minutes, but I can guarantee the code will be completely unreadable 4 months down the line when someone reveals a bug in the system. I take that extra amount of time to keep my code readable.

That, and I'm just lazy.

I guess you don't annotate your code with comments? My IPN system I made for an automated bot shop was full of them.

//Checking for some this, if it's true continue.

etc, etc.

I can understand readable for public plugins but if it's going to be private, might as well keep it to something messy, but not too much to the point you're able to recognize things correctly.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
I comment code that deserves commenting. Commenting every single line of code is just idiotic and clutters code even more, making it even more of a chore to read over. Pure well written code doesn't need comments.

Go to bed.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
I comment code that deserves commenting. Commenting every single line of code is just idiotic and clutters code even more, making it even more of a chore to read over. Pure well written code doesn't need comments.

Go to bed.

>every line of code

I never said every line, and deserves it? Lol k.

Go to bed? It's only 10 and I woke up at 5. No thanks!

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Lith said:
//Checking for some this, if it's true continue.

Even if simply just pseudo-code as an example, comments like that can only be the work of a simple-minded coder who needs to remind himself in plain-text what a conditional statement is doing, because he's too illiterate to look at the 'if' statement and work it out.

But I agree, all of the projects you've mentioned must have surely taken effort and knowledge to create.
I mean, it's not like there's tutorials on some hacking forum that can teach you stuff like this. Oh no, this stuff is pure genius.

"Go to bed" was simply me being metaphorical in telling you to stop being childish around adults. Clearly by your image board quoting annotation you're in the mood to "troll," and with that I'll grade you on a level of 2, for effort.

Good night.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
Even if simply just pseudo-code as an example, comments like that can only be the work of a simple-minded coder who needs to remind himself in plain-text what a conditional statement is doing, because he's too illiterate to look at the 'if' statement and work it out.

But I agree, all of the projects you've mentioned must have surely taken effort and knowledge to create.
I mean, it's not like there's tutorials on some hacking forum that can teach you stuff like this. Oh no, this stuff is pure genius.

"Go to bed" was simply me being metaphorical in telling you to stop being childish around adults. Clearly by your image board quoting annotation you're in the mood to "troll," and with that I'll grade you on a level of 2, for effort.

Good night.

If you think I'm trolling you need to get a grip on what trolling actually is. Also, there isn't a tutorial on how make a system like I did, go look it up instead of bitching about it and then never backing it up.

Anyways, I'll go back to actually trying to finish up what I was doing as I've been neglecting it for quite awhile.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
I apologize if I've upset you with the truth.

My definition of "Trolling" in this given situation is simply meant as "Fronting one's knowledge and shunning all others opinions in an effort to gain negative confrontation." The real definition of trolling has been bastardized too far to even be mentioned as a single definition.

Simply boasting yourself as a great programmer and calling development on this site incompetent simply because you think these plugins can be made in minutes is rather unproductive to everyone. The plugins don't take long, I'm just lazy, I mentioned this six posts ago; I enjoy procrastination.

I'll end this here, however, and say that you're free to code however you wish to code. Be it (most likely) procedural, or whether you have your own routines when you code, I'm not really bothered. It doesn't really affect me.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
I apologize if I've upset you with the truth.

My definition of "Trolling" in this given situation is simply meant as "Fronting one's knowledge and shunning all others opinions in an effort to gain negative confrontation." The real definition of trolling has been bastardized too far to even be mentioned as a single definition.

Simply boasting yourself as a great programmer and calling development on this site incompetent simply because you think these plugins can be made in minutes is rather unproductive to everyone. The plugins don't take long, I'm just lazy, I mentioned this six posts ago; I enjoy procrastination.

I'll end this here, however, and say that you're free to code however you wish to code. Be it (most likely) procedural, or whether you have your own routines when you code, I'm not really bothered. It doesn't really affect me.

I never said it was incompetent I simply said it wasn't heavy.

I am also the same way, I've been working on a point system using PayPal IPN for a week even though it's like 2 hour's job.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
No idea how you two saying "These plugins can take few hours" makes me jealous as fuck. Specially that notifications one, nothing like it in MyBB atm I don't think.