Next 3 Hour RAW Confirmed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The WWE Raw Supershow on Monday, April 23rd, 2012 will be a 3-hour episode, airing from 8 to 11 PM on the USA Network.

This is a few weeks after WM28 and it is the last RAW before Extreme Rules. Could this be the draft episode for the year? They normally book it for a three hour show and the timing is right for it to be a draft show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They have been pretty poor but it is because the brand split is so diluted now and has been for many years. The draft used to mean a lot when there was a proper brand rivalry between RAW and Smackdown and where wrestlers only appeared on the one brand. It used to mean a lot when a Smackdown wrestler would appear on RAW or vice versa so until that happens again the draft won't mean that much.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah guessing it will be the draft even though it's kind of useless now but is kind of important as it does determine who can go after the titles on which brand. Should be a good episode.

jamie

Reaction score
I all ways love a WWE draft... well in the earlier days anyway it made seem more legit

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I like 3hr Raw's. If it's the draft, hopefully it won't be a let down.

Aniking

Reaction score
I used to look forward to Draft shows, but they mean nothing now that the lines have been blurred between the two brands over the past few years.

If the Raw Supershow continues past Wrestlemania (which, by using logic, it shouldn't) then the Draft would be pointless. I'm surprised it isn't the night after Wrestlemania or the Raw following that because then new feuds could be established then. If this is indeed the Draft, having it the final Raw before Extreme Rules kinda wastes a pay-per-view if you think about it. Really it'd just be the blow-off for Wrestlemania feuds and that's pretty much it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The only thing the Draft does now is shake up the main event scenes a little bit for fresher feuds. Of course if something doesn't go with WWE plans even this will be an afterthought with how they'll move people around. It's a nice annual show in the end so I'm not going to complain that it is ultimately useless. I don't see any problem before Extreme Rules as they are trying to gain interest for the next PPV and throwing in curve balls. They've done this several times and it leads to more suspense for a PPV then they usually garner and they need all the interest they can get after Rock/Cena perishes away at least for the time being.

Of course even a special three hour Raw for us fans to enjoy is a reason to complain I guess. I will never argue with more wrestling. It should be a fun show and unless it horribly bombs like the Slammy Awards in 2010. I think that was the worst three hour Raw yet I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I used to look forward to Draft shows, but they mean nothing now that the lines have been blurred between the two brands over the past few years.

If the Raw Supershow continues past Wrestlemania (which, by using logic, it shouldn't) then the Draft would be pointless. I'm surprised it isn't the night after Wrestlemania or the Raw following that because then new feuds could be established then. If this is indeed the Draft, having it the final Raw before Extreme Rules kinda wastes a pay-per-view if you think about it. Really it'd just be the blow-off for Wrestlemania feuds and that's pretty much it.

This annoys me as well because all the attention goes to the draft rather than the PPV. If it is a normal three hour show leading into the PPV then that is good because they can actually spend plenty of time promoting the PPV trying to convince people to buy it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Date For 2012 WWE Draft
It's being reported that WWE has tentative plans to hold the 2012 Draft during the three hour Raw special on April 23rd in Detroit, Michigan.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Like I said in my earlier post, if WWE's plan is to have a draft for that Raw, hopefully it won't be a let down.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
I'd like to see Miz go to SD for a fresh start while Cody Rhodes heads to Raw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Date For 2012 WWE Draft
It's being reported that WWE has tentative plans to hold the 2012 Draft during the three hour Raw special on April 23rd in Detroit, Michigan.

I think that the news writer was doing what most of us did and connected the dots rather than finding out anything from inside sources.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I lke the draft shows even if they don't serve as much as a purposes, having it the week of a ppv isn't a bad idea as it will help gain intrest for the ppv and might add stipulations like titles changing brands etc