News on Bryan's WWE Title Hopes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Bryan is clearly gonna win the WWE Championship again come Wrestlemania XXX. The whole point here is to create a "chase" for the championship and have it eventual culminate on the grandest stage of them all, preceded by either a Royal Rumble victory or a win in an Elimination Chamber match (I'd go with the Rumble since it's more prestigious, plus if he entered at #1 and won it, he could say that he accomplished the very same thing that his mentor HBK did.)

Bryan is only out of the title picture for the moment. Not for good. We can't have Bryan/Orton headline 6-7 straight PPVs, after all. Feuding with the Wyatts is simply something to keep Bryan busy until the Rumble gets here (helping the Wyatt Family get more over as heels in the process as well), just like Undertaker was used to keep Austin busy while Rock/Mankind were feuding over the title.

Reactions: Action Jackson

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Bryan is clearly gonna win the WWE Championship again come Wrestlemania XXX. The whole point here is to create a "chase" for the championship and have it eventual culminate on the grandest stage of them all, preceded by either a Royal Rumble victory or a win in an Elimination Chamber match (I'd go with the Rumble since it's more prestigious, plus if he entered at #1 and won it, he could say that he accomplished the very same thing that his mentor HBK did.)

Bryan is only out of the title picture for the moment. Not for good. We can't have Bryan/Orton headline 6-7 straight PPVs, after all. Feuding with the Wyatts is simply something to keep Bryan busy until the Rumble gets here (helping the Wyatt Family get more over as heels in the process as well), just like Undertaker was used to keep Austin busy while Rock/Mankind were feuding over the title.

Hell yes. KLockard is the dude I can always rely on around here to know what the fuck is going on, and have logical/rational opinions on shit.

Reactions: Lockard 23

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Bryan will be fine, still think he's gonna be winning the Rumble (didn't some other dirtsheet newz reporter talk about that?). Yeah, Bryan's certainly better chasing the belt, but he has to have some kind of time with it to make it feel fulfilling (reference Dolph Ziggler... oh, right, he was a heel) but if the whole corporation angle is designed to get Big Show, Cena, Triple H, and Orton over...

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bryan will be fine, still think he's gonna be winning the Rumble (didn't some other dirtsheet newz reporter talk about that?). Yeah, Bryan's certainly better chasing the belt, but he has to have some kind of time with it to make it feel fulfilling (reference Dolph Ziggler... oh, right, he was a heel) but if the whole corporation angle is designed to get Big Show, Cena, Triple H, and Orton over...
Better to get Bryan out of the Autority angle (which is kinda fubar right now) and re-insert him later down the road when/if it is fixed.

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Supposed to be CM Punk and Daniel Bryan (who I'd love to see together) with an unnamed ally to take on the Wyatt Family. I'm presuming it'll be The Miz from past weeks happenings.

It's a shame that Bryan isn't WWE Champion but he's come out of that whole storyline with the fans in love with him, he'll challenge for it again at some point. At least the whole 'Best for business'/Triple H/Big Show bore-fest is over.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Supposed to be CM Punk and Daniel Bryan (who I'd love to see together) with an unnamed ally to take on the Wyatt Family. I'm presuming it'll be The Miz from past weeks happenings.

Imagine how awesome Undertaker would be as a partner to CM Punk and Daniel Bryan (well, ignoring Punk's disrespect of Paul Bearer's memory earlier this year, of course, but wrestling often has a short continuity span when it's convenient to a present storyline.)

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Imagine how awesome Undertaker would be as a partner to CM Punk and Daniel Bryan (well, ignoring Punk's disrespect of Paul Bearer's memory earlier this year, of course, but wrestling often has a short continuity span when it's convenient to a present storyline.)

Frankly I think Punk's disrespect to Bearer will come back to haunt him, especially if Taker is revealed as The Devil.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Frankly I think Punk's disrespect to Bearer will come back to haunt him, especially if Taker is revealed as The Devil.

I just got a boner. I would absolutely love if Taker returned to being demonic and was the 'devil' that made the Wyatts attack Punk. It would make sense (long term payoffs to storylines?!? omg!) that Punk's blatant disrespect towards Taker/Bearer lead to Taker becoming evil again and siding with the Wyatt family to destroy Punk.

Reactions: Action Jackson

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I just got a boner. I would absolutely love if Taker returned to being demonic and was the 'devil' that made the Wyatts attack Punk. It would make sense (long term payoffs to storylines?!? omg!) that Punk's blatant disrespect towards Taker/Bearer lead to Taker becoming evil again and siding with the Wyatt family to destroy Punk.

Fuuuuck yeah.

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I've actually heard it's supposed to be four on four. First thought was Undertaker and Kane to join Punk and Bryan (because of a small feud with the Wyatt's beforehand) but with the Miz still running into the Wyatt Family it gives it an interesting swing. We'll know more soon enough!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score

This would be awesome if Taker was a regular wrestler on the roster like back in 1999 when he was the satanic leader of the Ministry of Darkness. But I wouldn't bet anything on Taker turning heel this late into his career and I wouldn't want him to. The Wyatts will likely be revealed as doing the Authority's handy work eventually and with Kane joining up with the Authority now, he'll probably team with the Wyatts at some point. There was a report just this past week that the Wyatts might be teaming with a fourth partner at the PPV and I can't foresee their partner being anyone but Kane, and we don't need two brothers both being affiliated with the family.

Remember the Triple H promo a couple of weeks ago when he got sinister eyes and said that if people wanted him to be the bad guy, then he'll be the bad guy? That right there could be the inception of him becoming even more sinister than some already perceive him to be by having psychotic freaks like the Wyatts just straight out try to hurt and injure certain folks like Bryan and Punk, hence why Wyatt referred to him as "The Devil."