New York. New Rules. Scream VI Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I like Sully so far, as a quick observation before bed. Seems to be his usual town play of aggressively pointing out flaws in arguments wherever he can.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
It mostly based on what I have seen in the past games, and the fact that day one is already filled with an element of waffle and need a flip to light the catalyst - but Wang is on the table for me.
Can you elaborate for me how you arrived at this? I was honestly expecting someone who had been active and you thought might have slipped etc.

Both SS and I said that Wang being quiet isn’t great, so is this just based on that?

Town points for Blaine for jumping on this in the manner that he did.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
:francis You are really fucking with my desire not to have you voted up D1
So to answer the question I asked you last night - you’re stance to not vote for Juice on D1 was purely out of principle and you’d allow objectively bad play or comments to slide because of it?

I’m glad that you seem to have walked that back slightly with this post but I think based on earlier comments, the worse she looks, the worse you do for them.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I’d like to give Wang a chance to come in and play. We have the time to allow for it.

His working patterns are what they are but I’ve seen enough times him roll mafia and be able to just slide under the radar due to his activity patterns.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
:slip:

Forgot that this had even started. I'll do a skim through read back and see where I'm at.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Champs game fatigued me and I'm playing 3 games atm as well, so, overwhelming a little

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I see Gips question as a genuine safe play to get convo started. That's how I took it and what my responses were. I think the bickering was mechanic related and not indicative of alignment.

It's d1 with like 40 some odd hours to go so the rush to get things going seems a bit hasty. I have 2 people making my spider senses tingle but again d1.

Also on a mechanical note. Is mafia ever played with more of an rp style where you're supposed to enact your character?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
A quiet Wang - is a Wang I am wary of tbh.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I see Gips question as a genuine safe play to get convo started. That's how I took it and what my responses were. I think the bickering was mechanic related and not indicative of alignment.

It's d1 with like 40 some odd hours to go so the rush to get things going seems a bit hasty. I have 2 people making my spider senses tingle but again d1.

Also on a mechanical note. Is mafia ever played with more of an rp style where you're supposed to enact your character?
Care to share some names?

And to your final point, no. I have not seen anything like that before. In most games I've played, I would expect the game mod to step in and curb behaviour like that because it is character hinting, which in my view goes against the spirit of the game. It is also similar to the topic discussed earlier in the thread about flavour etc.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
What logic is this?

I'm by no means a fan of long day ones. I hate them because in my experience day one is just a bunch of shit posting until we finally throw a dart at someone. I went back on WC through like all of our games at one point to see how many times we hit a mafia on Day 1, and I think it was like 4/35 or something like that.

But, with that said...the longer the day the more posts people make, generally speaking, or the more we get reads. And the more we get reads, the more likely we are to suss people out.

So I would disagree with you on this one.

If I voted anyone right now it'd be Sky. Less for her sussy post but more so how defensive she got afterwards about it when I mentioned it was a weird post. And I'm sure she'll come in here and say something like "how dare you say that I'm sussy you must be mafia for this!". I call that defense "The Gipper".
There is nothing illogical about it. You can look at both sides of an argument, and there can still be logic. Just like in most thing in life.

Also you own words :I went back on WC through like all of our games at one point to see how many times we hit a mafia on Day 1, and I think it was like 4/35 or something like that.

sort of proves my point, but you disagree with yourself. It is what it is.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Care to share some names?

And to your final point, no. I have not seen anything like that before. In most games I've played, I would expect the game mod to step in and curb behaviour like that because it is character hinting, which in my view goes against the spirit of the game. It is also similar to the topic discussed earlier in the thread about flavour etc.
Maybe later like i said it's still early in d1.

I guess I mean more like in universe lingo or something more of an rp than. frank said he hates gravy and that pings me then charles said he also hates gravy so he's buddying with frank their scum.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Can we get an AKA list so many people have changed their names recently I don't know who is who half the time.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
If I voted anyone right now it'd be Sky. Less for her sussy post but more so how defensive she got afterwards about it when I mentioned it was a weird post. And I'm sure she'll come in here and say something like "how dare you say that I'm sussy you must be mafia for this!". I call that defense "The Gipper".
I wasn’t known for that, that was OMB who commonly did that, dummy.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Maybe later like i said it's still early in d1.

I guess I mean more like in universe lingo or something more of an rp than. frank said he hates gravy and that pings me then charles said he also hates gravy so he's buddying with frank their scum.
Well, I don't see how withholding reads or thoughts at this point in time is very helpful, if I am being honest. It is D1 and a time where discussion can become sparse, so if we have things to talk about and can compare thoughts on players, that is helpful and useful discussion, is it not?

I don't think that is something that people would do. Even if they were scum mates, I don't see why they'd need to create a link between themselves like that because they'd have the mafia chat to talk about gravy as much as they wanted or any other form of communication as gravy has nothing to do with the mafia game.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well, I don't see how withholding reads or thoughts at this point in time is very helpful, if I am being honest. It is D1 and a time where discussion can become sparse, so if we have things to talk about and can compare thoughts on players, that is helpful and useful discussion, is it not?

I don't think that is something that people would do. Even if they were scum mates, I don't see why they'd need to create a link between themselves like that because they'd have the mafia chat to talk about gravy as much as they wanted or any other form of communication as gravy has nothing to do with the mafia game.
it was just an example sometimes people pick random things to tie people together it seems to me.

As far as d1 I don't want to throw out a name when it's just a feeling I can't fully articulate yet. I've done that in the past and then immediately bussed. I'm hoping they'll post a bit more so that I can fully develop the opinion and put down a more concise reason why I feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.