New X-Division champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
You know, I actually didn't think I'd see this for a long time but Amazing Red is new X-Division champion!

I think this is just the start of getting the X-Division back to where it use to be. It's only a matter of time before Daniels wins the title, but I really do hope they give Red at least somewhat of a run with the title and give him more mic time.

Qwake

Amazing Red is awesome, been a huge fan of his for quite a while and you could easily tell since his return to TNA that they had high hopes for him. Hopefully he gets a good long run and has many non-bullshit title defences, his first will be at BFG in an Ultimate X I think they said so hopefully that'll be a good match which it should be. I'd like to see him feud with or have matches with Christopher Daniels, D'Angelo Dinero, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and a Samoa Joe rematch plus maybe a few others but those would be the main guys. Hopefully they don't screw this up.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I just wished that they actually had him on tv prier to the #1 contender match and win some matches. He's been jobbed out his past few matches before that. I never knew who the guy was until he signed with TNA, but from what I saw, he seems pretty good.

Kizza

I was totally wrong about Red. His number one contender 5 way match thingo, his spots were very good and very fluent. Great to see, that's how to work a good spot match.

It just needed to be longer, but having Red as a champion is a bit of a reference back to the high flying roots of the X Division.

EDIT: Just watched it, and it reeks of Marella/Lashley vs Umaga in 07 in Italy lol.

phantomgerald

Can't stand it. If anybody is called a spot monkey, has to be him. No in-ring charisma, no look, no personality, no mic skills. It's just disgusting to me that this guy has the title while MCMG are being jobbed out. Sabin deserves to be in BFG, he was in the match of the year with Low Ki two years ago at BFG, and I much rather see him than this little boy.

Qwake

If you looked back at some of Reds older matches you'd see how good he was, he's not really a spot monkey but on Impact he has been. If they use him right with the title you can see what he's capable of. He's better then any of the other X-Divisioners atm besides Daniels and maybe D'Angelo but he owns the rest. (Not counting MCMGs as I count them as a team)

phantomgerald

^ Ever hear him on the mic? It's like scratching nails on chalkboard.

Kizza

Doesn't need to be a mic man. You don't see many little guys on the mic usually anyways for some reason. He's exactly what the X Divison represents. Fast, big spots and entertaining. At this moment, he's the best fit for the title.

Reaction score
I did not see this coming at all, huge win!
Joe VS Lashley will be a better fight on the PPV now since originally it's stupid for Lashley to be fighting for the X Division title.

Double J

Reaction score
...and a Samoa Joe rematch...

Not if it's anything like the last match. They had Joe destroying him the entire match, the only reason he won is because of Lashley. Joe doesn't need to be in the X-Division as long as they're pushing this "Nation of Violence" thing (That I still don't understand) "Representing the Nation of Violence"?!

Anyway, they already did the whole "Joe killed all the X-Divisioners" bit, I don't really want to see that again anytime soon.

Can't stand it. If anybody is called a spot monkey, has to be him. No in-ring charisma, no look, no personality, no mic skills. It's just disgusting to me that this guy has the title...

Even though I like him, you just described Jeff Hardy. If Hardy can carry WWE's 2nd biggest title then Red (who in my opinion has more ring skils) can carry the X-Division title.

AngryCaz

Reaction score
I don't really understand why Red was built up over a two week period and then given the championship, it seems so random. I would have preferred Daniels to take the belt, at least there is some sort of back story there between Joe/Daniels (With the two of them having numerous bouts in the past, the last of which taking place at No Surrender.) Whatever happens though, It'll be interesting to see what happens with Reds reign as champion.

Double J

Reaction score
I don't really understand why Red was built up over a two week period and then given the championship, it seems so random. I would have preferred Daniels to take the belt, at least there is some sort of back story there between Joe/Daniels (With the two of them having numerous bouts in the past, the last of which taking place at No Surrender.) Whatever happens though, It'll be interesting to see what happens with Reds reign as champion.

That's an easy question. There were two main reasons for the match, first off to get more push on the Lashly/Joe fued. Lashly cost Joe his title which also hurts the MEM, putting light on Lashley being the good guy.

Second this got the title off of Joe so to keep the X-Division active while Joe is in this feud with Lashley. Lashley isn't an x-division fighter so they wouldn't want to put the belt on him so Joe would just be carrying it around.

Now main reason they chose Red, he's the smallest guy in the X-Division right now, least likely to be able to beat Joe without help and he was getting destroyed the entire match. He's a former X-Division champion so it's believeable for him to hold the title again.

So since the match was to push the Joe/Lashley fued they wouldn't of put Daniels into match. He's big enough a star and wrestler to know that he could beat Joe without help. If Lashley would of helped him win the title then it would tarnish the win for Daniels where as Red was getting whooped and obvious that he wasn't going to win on his own.

phantomgerald

Not if it's anything like the last match. They had Joe destroying him the entire match, the only reason he won is because of Lashley. Joe doesn't need to be in the X-Division as long as they're pushing this "Nation of Violence" thing (That I still don't understand) "Representing the Nation of Violence"?!

Anyway, they already did the whole "Joe killed all the X-Divisioners" bit, I don't really want to see that again anytime soon.

Even though I like him, you just described Jeff Hardy. If Hardy can carry WWE's 2nd biggest title then Red (who in my opinion has more ring skils) can carry the X-Division title.

The thing about Jeff Hardy is that they built him up over a period of 2 years. Nobody took him seriously, until he put on a few match of the night level matches. They also didn't job Jeff Hardy a few weeks before they gave him the push.

Red is just the wrong guy to have that title. It's so wrong I have no idea what to say. Heck I'll have given Sabin the title, and have him feud with Shelley for the pre-match of BFG.

Double J

Reaction score
The thing about Jeff Hardy is that they built him up over a period of 2 years. Nobody took him seriously, until he put on a few match of the night level matches. They also didn't job Jeff Hardy a few weeks before they gave him the push.

Good point, but I still stand behind my other post on why they chose Red. The whole point of the match was to push the feud and get the X title off Joe. If they put anyone else in that match with the same outcome it would tarnish the win for that person. Sabin is somewhat in the same boat as Daniels, he's still be enough to hang with Joe more than Red is/was able too and if it was Sabin who was in the match it would of made more sense for Shelly to interfere.

Red's the youngest and smallest X-Divisioner and a former champion. If they would of put someone like Creed in the match then his first title win would of been because someone helped him, which again would tarnish it and say that Creed isn't a reliable champion.
(Using Creed because I can't think of someone else off the top of my head who's in the X-Division and not a former champion and would actually be in the match)