New way to order WWE PPVs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE announced today that starting with Wrestlemania, they will be distributing PPVs via Apple devices, including iPads and iPhones.

Smart by WWE to make the PPVs available in as many platforms as possible. Not really sure if they will be getting a heap of buys through this format but if they price it right it might encourage a few to get it. Surely they wouldn't charge full price for a PPV on an iPhone because honestly it would be terrible to watch a PPV on such a small screen, an iPad would be fine since it is a decent size but iPhone is too small.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well they charge like 17 bucks for the ppvs on itunes, same as with psn. They need to look at psn and xbox marketplace as well as streaming sources

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is a similar cost to a DVD of the PPV so it seems like they will try to charge the normal amount to stream it onto your apple device. I am sure that if this is popular then they will start offering it on more devices, Apple is the biggest so it makes sense to start there.

Vivido

Reaction score
hmm I'd prob book through PSN network if I needed to, although I have a massive TV I can watch it without wasting boardband and definitly no lag.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I wouldn't get it since I don't have an iPad and it wouldn't be enjoyable watching it on an iPhone considering the small screen. Will stick to ordering PPVs on TV and using HD streams.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Depends on if you can use the vga cable to show the pic on tv like the lp app for the nba for ipad

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
For what it is with you can nw watch NXT or superstars via iPhone or iPad on their site as well

rcoot93

Reaction score
I wouldn't use it but it makles sense from a business view and might generate a few buys

Deuce

Reaction score
I like this idea but I doubt very many people will end up using it. They might get some money for it but it seems better to get PPVs on the T.V or streaming them.