New ROH Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Guess you didn't expect me to make this thread :shifty:

Anyways, Austin Aries just defeated Jerry Lynn and Tyler Black to become the first ever 2 time ROH Heavyweight Champion.

Thoughts?

edgehead09

Reaction score
1) Aries is the first ever 2-time ROH champ

2) I think this is good. A double is the head of a very good little faction and he can lead ROH with his mic skills and in-ring ability. Sucks Lynn was a transitional champ.

xtremebadass

I saw some of his recent promos on youtube with Flair and all, seemed pretty good. He came a long way from his TNA days. Good for him, ROH has a somewhat homegrown talent as champ now, plus a win over Jerry Lynn is credible as well.

Ballin

Reaction score
AUSTIN ARIES (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP) AUSTIN ARIES (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP) AUSTIN ARIES (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP) AUSTIN ARIES (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP)

Sorry...I had to.

Kizza

Eh, if someone was gonna be the first, it should have been Danielson, but Aries is fine.

Qwake

^ I thought everybody would be pissed that Danielson wasn't the first ever two time champ. Aries is awesome, it's good that the title is off Lynn and I'll have to read more into how Black was added into the match. Hopefully Aries has a good second reign.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
thats a very good choice i sort of wish lynns run was longer but we cant always get what we want . Double A will be good hes good on the mic and great in the ring time for a nice long rein with black beating him to get the belt

kraynor3

Reaction score
I like Aries, and I like him as champ.

His first reign was overshadowed by Joe, so I hope he makes an impact with this one, even though I think he's just keeping it warm for Nigel.

Man, they don't really have much faith in Black though.

He was supposed to win the belt in December, and now he's been passed over twice, possibly more.