New Punk DVD being released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
So i'm listening to this weeks Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast, and Punk's just announced that WWE has green lighted his own 3 disc DVD set. It will include a documentary and he said he's basically in charge on selecting the matches for the DVD as well as everything else.

He said he watched the Jericho & Orton documentaries from their respective DVD's and he hated the narrator and the music. He's said he's going to be getting a host of his friends from bands to provide the music. And i'm sure he'll find someone else to possibly be a narrator for the DVD.

AF.

Reaction score
Well both the Cena matches need to be on there. (The PPV encounters). He's had some good matches with Mysterio iirc, Armageddon, Capitol Punishment and Extreme Rules were probably the best. 2 of those should be on there. The ECW title win match. Maybe one of his Title defenses in 08 against Batista or JBL (iirc the JBL match sucked ass though). The HHH match from NoC.

3 disks may be a stretch, but he's been consistent so the DVD should be okay.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hells yes. Will definitely be getting this the first day it comes out.

Hopefully they have some pre-WWE matches on the first disk as well. Obviously they won't have any of his ROH matches, but maybe they will have OVW stuff at least.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, this has the scope to be the best WWE DVD out there. Will be getting my Bluray copy the day of release. CHEA.

SAL

Reaction score
Colt should narrate it.

Matches that should be on it:

Debut vs. Justin Credible at the Hammerstein
ECW title victory vs. John Morrison
Money in the Bank, Wrestlemania 24
WWE title victory vs. Edge
Summerslam vs. JBL
Armageddon '08 vs. Rey Mysterio
First Smackdown victory vs. Edge, May/June '09
TLC vs. Jeff Hardy, Summerslam '09
vs. Rey Mysterio, hair vs. SES, Over the Limit '10
vs. John Cena, Raw, Jan '11
vs. Randy Orton, Wrestlemania 27
vs. John Cena, Money in the Bank '11
vs. John Cena, Summerslam '11
vs. Miz & Del Rio, TLC '11

That's too many, huh.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Here is an audio transcript, I tried my best and there was all the "ums" "yeah" "er" in between but I didn't include them.

Colt Cabana: “What’s your big announcement?â€

CM Punk: “My big announcement? It’s funny too because I wasn’t sure, I was thinking about tweeting this but yeah, I don’t really wanna keep it a surprise. I wanna make this thing super super awesome. My three disc DVD has been green lit, and I get to tell my story and do all kinds of wacky stuff and put it out for the people to see.â€

Colt Cabana: “Marine 3? Citizens On Patrol? Is this your movie?â€

CM Punk: “Haha man I wish, no no, the old documentary/life story/follow me around with a camera to find out what I’m really like behind the scenes. I get to pick a bunch of matches to put on there, pick who I get interviewed, I’m doing everything. I was told I’m in charge.â€

Colt Cabana: “You are the boss!â€

CM Punk: “They are screwed! I’ve already made a lot of people angry.â€

Colt Cabana: “With the decisions you’ve made for this DVD?â€

CM Punk: “Yeah like, I went and I watched Randys and I watched Chris Jerichos. I’ve never bothered to watch any documentaries of people I work with as it feels kind of strange to me, and probably 80 percent of it is I really don’t care. They told me like what they want and I went and I watched a couple of them and then I just immediately went and sent this ridiculously long email about what I wanted. And the first thing I want is I hated their narrator and I hated all their music and I refuse to have my life or a video package of my life or any part of me represented by some crappy band like Switchfoot, or I don’t even know, I don’t know why the band Switchfoot sticks out in my head but I’m sure there’s like a Switchfoot and they’re wrestling fans and probably listening to this and I really just bummed them out but no offense, I have plenty of friends and bands that are going to be helping me out with this so I’m excited about it. It’s gonna be cool.â€

Colt Cabana: “That’s very cool, I’m throwing your buddies a bone too, the guys in the bands and the people to get interviewed.â€

CM Punk: “It all comes full circle, it’s gonna be fun.â€

You can listen to the full podcast at AOW 80: Mikey Whipwreck LIVE « Art Of Wrestling

Took me a decent amount of time but not a lot, rep would be appreciated haha.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Alright a few people listen to AOW, that is awseome. I'm a big time Colt Cabana fan and I'm always keeping track of his work. I heard this news and it got me really pumped. I'll be pre-ordering this as well. I'm so excited along with Edge's DVD coming out. It's great to see an anti-generic guy make his own DVD considering Punk refuses to do any of the cheesy work.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I would not mind seeing a couple of raw and smackdown matches, i may have to go back into my vault to see.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I hated all their music and I refuse to have my life or a video package of my life or any part of me represented by some crappy band like Switchfoot, or I don’t even know, I don’t know why the band Switchfoot sticks out in my head but I’m sure there’s like a Switchfoot and they’re wrestling fans and probably listening to this and I really just bummed them out but no offense
That is gold :lmao

I'm surprised he seemed to like Orton's documentary. I actually found it quite boring, but that might have been more due to the content of Orton's boring life and not so much the style of the documentary.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Been wondering when they were gonna give him a DVD as he def has enough stuff to have one. If he were to take one match from OVW and put it on there his match vs Anderson was probably one of his best matches there. Very glad to hear he is actually in charge of the thing completely should be good and I'd be interested in buying it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Maybe it's just me but I think this DVD would be amazing if it ended at the conclusion of the MITB showdown so it essentially showed his rise into becoming a main eventer. Then when his career is winding down in however many years that will be, the 2nd DVD then picks up his story of his start in the main event all the way up to the end.

Would be a good way of raking in the money without doing what they do with DVD's such as the DX ones where it's mostly all the same shit with the slightest bit of new footage

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good idea would be even better if they could somehow get his indy stuff on there but idk if that will work or not. Maybe he'll try and hook some stuff up to make it happen assuming he still got a good relationship with ROH and is in charge of putting it together.

AF.

Reaction score
lol no chance @ ROH matches being on the DVD. No chance at all.

I completely forgot about the Hardy series and the Orton series. Both were pretty great.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I was looking and then I saw the OP's sig and I got distracted... so... ummm Punk is getting a DVD? cool.