New Predator Movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Trailer for "Predators"

[YT]9u8vZwvP57Y[/YT]

Thoughts?

So far it's one of the top movies that I'm interested in this year but that is saying much at this moment. I'm pretty disappointed at the horror genre being mixed in with Predators. Looks like we can expect some cheesy comedy and some bad acting but maybe it will still have some good Sci Fi action.

the408kid

Reaction score
Trailer for "Predators"

[yt]9u8vZwvP57Y[/yt]

Thoughts?

So far it's one of the top movies that I'm interested in this year but that is saying much at this moment. I'm pretty disappointed at the horror genre being mixed in with Predators. Looks like we can expect some cheesy comedy and some bad acting but maybe it will still have some good Sci Fi action.
Looks cool! But can Hollywood please come up with something new instead of just rehashing old movies? hmm!

ringshin

Reaction score
Seams to be a good one. Hope it will come up with a different attitude this time.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Movie doesn't look that bad. I'm not expecting much but I'd go and see it. Laurence Fishburne ftw!!

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Looks pretty good... then I saw Adrian Brody's HHH size shnoz and Eric Foreman dumb ass haircut in it and got turned off.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
FINALLY they go back to the jungle, fucking awesome.

Actually looks kinda good but I wont get my hopes up. It's Hollywood, afterall.

Reaction score
I just don't have faith in it. I mean....Adrian Brody? Come on...

I think the whole "kidnapping" humans thing was kinda lame because there's TONS of locales on EARTH right now that are hot and violent. According to the comics (I used to collect them, yes I'm a fanboy), and the first film, Predators blend in by choosing hot, conflict ridden places to hunt, right?

Shit...Israel, Iraq, A'stan, Sierra Leone (has Jungles!), Sri Lanka (even better Jungles!), Georgia, weren't good enough to have a Predator storyline? I'm not even a writer and could EASILY produce a script better than the plot synopsis for Predators.

I'll still see it, but not in theaters.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
I just don't have faith in it. I mean....Adrian Brody? Come on...

I think the whole "kidnapping" humans thing was kinda lame because there's TONS of locales on EARTH right now that are hot and violent. According to the comics (I used to collect them, yes I'm a fanboy), and the first film, Predators blend in by choosing hot, conflict ridden places to hunt, right?

Shit...Israel, Iraq, A'stan, Sierra Leone (has Jungles!), Sri Lanka (even better Jungles!), Georgia, weren't good enough to have a Predator storyline? I'm not even a writer and could EASILY produce a script better than the plot synopsis for Predators.

I'll still see it, but not in theaters.

I collected the Predator comics too, they were a gorefest. Dark Horse comics re-released all of them in 4 thick books for $25 each. Predator Omnibus 1 Predator Omnibus 2 The first one has the story Cold War, which has Predators in the arctic. The funny thing is Dark Horse couldn't use Arnold's character Dutch Schaeffer, so Fox approved use of Dutch's brother. I think the reasoning was that they were going to use Arnold in Predator 2 & didn't want the comics to do a direct sequel before they could. That didn't happen & we were treated to a sub-par movie instead.

Predators is being done by Robert Rodriguez' production company. I think it will be better than the shitty AvP movies. They are disregarding Predator 2 as the sequel to the first one & are doing this movie as if it was Predator 2.

Blain: Bunch of slack-jawed smurfs around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus... just like me.
- Jesse Ventura as Blain in "Predator"

Reaction score
I for one, loved Predator 2. Sure, the supporting cast was weak, but Gary Busey had his moments, and Danny Glover's sociopathic, homicidal detective character fit the bill, IMO. He basically goes crazier and crazier throughout the movie, and the ending was great in that it explained more about the Predator race "Ethics" of "Hunting"; when prey proves to be a legit challenge, strip off the weapons and go "hand to hand". Hw a prey is respected, left to live and given a "collectable" after killing a Predator in hand to hand combat

I think the supporting cast is going to be presented as too "over the top" and not credible. They'll try wayyy too hard, the audience won't buy it. The Special Forces-Delta guys in the first film were completely believable.