New NWA Champion!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
The video on Albright's thoughts is on the site.

All i've got to see is Woooooooo "Freakin" ooooooooo

This has got to be one of the best things NWA has done since going with wCw. I always saw Albright as a possible champion, but didnt see it soon! I can't wait to see his title reign, and a possible defending it in japan. And Danielson has been chasing it for some time now... Danielson/Albright would be the shits! (Also, NWA changed there belt.. they made the belt a red color now, still looks the same)

Weebo

Reaction score
Who the hell is Albright?

The Ripper

Reaction score
Brent Albright aka Gunner Scott from WWE

Weebo

Reaction score
Oh ok, why did he ever leave WWE. Was he released cause I really liked him

xtremebadass

Gunner Scott is NWA Champion? That title hit rock bottom now. From Styles and Jarrett and Flair and Rhodes to Gunner Scott, a guy who couldn't make it in WWE and got sent home in a bodybag by Mark Henry...

Christian

Reaction score
Gunner Scott is NWA Champion? That title hit rock bottom now. From Styles and Jarrett and Flair and Rhodes to Gunner Scott, a guy who couldn't make it in WWE and got sent home in a bodybag by Mark Henry...

great khali* the guy couldnt help what wwe creative had for him. and just because he didnt make it in the wwe doesnt mean he didnt make it somewhere else.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Yeah, it's like Danielson. He jobbed to Cena.. and left (or got fired) and from what im hearing, seeing, he's one of the best wrestlers in the world, and can put on a hell of a show. Even though WWE got rite of him.

xtremebadass

Yea but Danielson probably just did a one timer. Gunner Scott was actually there for awhile and had a bright future until they canned his ass. I am surprised, the NWA title is now strictly NWA right? Not like in another promotion?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
They're there own promotion now, doing a couple of shows with ROH. (Since Albright is in ROH anyways) But yeah.. I always thought Albright was great, and now it's his time to shine.

Heres a pic of him moments after winning the belt

vk6tu473djrnxym895s8.jpg

lol

Soulpower

I like Albright in the ring, but he has zero charisma. At least Pearce can more than hold his own on the mic.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
the match itself was great, one of the best matches of the night. The red belt looks sick, and I'm liking Albright as champion, he's more entertaining to me than Pearce.

Beer Money Army

I don't mind albright, But If NWA wanted that Champion to respresent there pasted history someone of Likes a Roderick strong or Bryan Danelson or Chris Hero in this Indy U.S. scene, i think a current best form wrestlers of the 2008.

i fear albright as nwa world champ is too early...

Jay Cal

Reaction score
The NWA is still in a growing phase. Pearce was great in his role as the champion. Pearce was booked through out the NWA. Albright was a natural as the successor to Pearce, because Albright is committed to the NWA. Danielson is committed NOAH. Secondly he gets a lot of bookings from Ring of Honor and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. I believe Danielson would be hurting his career to trade that for a NWA Worlds title reign.

Albright however has a following from his tenure in Ohio Valley and later the WWE. He has a recognizable face to the common wrestling fan. He appears on ROH pay per views, but has a schedule that allows him to take many dates for the NWA. On top of that he has spent time in NOAH in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if Albright makes a defense in Japan next year. (Probably New Japan as they are affiliated with NWA.)

Chris Hero is a great wrestler. But he's a niche wrestler. Could Hero get over in Virgina? How about Memphis? I think what Albright and Pearce have going for them that Hero doesn't have is to get over with a lot of different crowds. Pearce defended his NWA Worlds title all over the US. Albright has defended the title in Mexico, Chicago Il., and San Antonio TX., with defenses scheduled in Oklahoma.