New-Kofi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

So Kofi went from being a Jamaican with high eyebrows to being an average black guy with dreads keying cars?

Did I get that right?

Plus he sounds like a white guy without the fake accent.

Anyways I think New Kofi is a beast! They made him look real good tonight.

J

After seeing Kofi tonight there is no doubt in my mind he could main event someday, the energy he put into that promo was priceless to put it easily New Kofi>Old Kofi. Please let them push this dude.

Qwake

I heard him at Bragging Rights speaking without his accent and I was like "wtf", I think its good theyve taken away the accent, now he can actually speak well and is more interesting, should be good seeing what they can do with him.

noumenon

Hate to say it. I'm diggin' this new Kofi. His promo tonight was not bad at all.

He's one hood smurf! Keying Orton's car! If they're really going to have him start a program with Randy, good for him. Good shit IMO.

J

...I just hope if Orton does fued wit Kofi it will mean we will get to see the more agile Orton that we don't get to see when he fights the usually heavyweights. If anyone gets what I mean.

noumenon

...I just hope if Orton does fued wit Kofi it will mean we will get to see the more agile Orton that we don't get to see when he fights the usually heavyweights. If anyone gets what I mean.

I think you're thinking Orton is still wrestling under the style he used back in 06. Since then he's pretty much completely morphed his wrestling style to a slow sadistic stomp and rest hold heavy crawl..lol.

btman

Reaction score
I didn't enjoy new Kofi without his accent. I always thought if he ever turned heel the Jamaican accent would be GOLDEN. But new face Kofi talking normally rampaging around... Well I bloody loved it. Some damn energy was nice to see after the bore fest Bragging Rights was.

Wrestling Station

but he was almost going to slept while he was standing on the car. It would have been priceless if he felt down :laugh:
nonetheless, yes the Ghana Kofi > Jamaica Kofi :shifty:

noumenon

I was seriously questioning his decision of stepping on the broken windshield. lol

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I was hoping that the reason they dropped his accent was for him to actually start cutting some good promo's without the accent holding him back, so that's great. A program with Orton, even greater. I just hope this isn't something that's going to be a program leading to SS and then be dropped or forgotten.

Surprised they didn't make him sound overly black or "ghetto".

xtremebadass

I understand completely J-Dawg. Orton's wrestling has severely diminished over the past couple years. All he does is the reverse back breaker thing, the repeated grounded stomps, RKO, and the Punt. Cena has more moves than that! COME ON

noumenon

Well, like I said... they've altered his style to fit his character. Since he started this whole sociopath thing he just kind of methodically picks people apart. I don't think dropkicks, cocky posing and flashy moves would fit his in ring style very well.
Though I'll be the first to admit he's taking the facial expressions and snake movements a little overboard lately..lol.

MizMasta3000

I wish they would have explained why he dropped the accent when Trips called him out on it. I love the new Kofi even though that Orton sports car is awesome and he ruined it lol. I figured they were pushing Kofi once he didnt rematch for the US title.

xtremebadass

I wish they would have explained why he dropped the accent when Trips called him out on it. I love the new Kofi even though that Orton sports car is awesome and he ruined it lol. I figured they were pushing Kofi once he didnt rematch for the US title.

DX always does that, they point out non-kayfabe stuff in wrestling to make people aware of it, but never follow up on it. That was funny as hell though.