New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I love that NJPW made NOAH's undercard look stronger in 1 month than NOAH has in the last 3 years.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I love that NJPW made NOAH's undercard look stronger in 1 month than NOAH has in the last 3 years.
Everyone was motivated to. Even Maybach who is clunky as hell looked good.

This is how New Japan should have done it from the start. Bring in NOAH guys here and there to showcase it and hope they get new eyes on NOAH, rather then send guys over to the promotion that's failing and hoping fans follow.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
None of the stuff in the video itself fit with Suzuki-Gun tho.

I think it is someone new debuting. A particular Big Guy if you will

The Big Guy is already booked that day. Are you implying the Big Guy is going to drop a date in the MCW Arena to work for New Japan? Lol. Expected much more from you Stoppy. Accept the fate that MiSu is coming back

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Skipped most of the Destruction in Tokyo card, because life is short.

However, what I did have interest in watching was good.

- Kyle O'Reilly vs Juice Robinson was very good. ***¾
Even though the match wasn't super heated or anything, the work here was super good, because Kaile is so good. And Da Juice Man starts showing the potential he was always thought to have. His early NJPW run was nothing to write home about, but the dude's really starting to shine now. Anyways, this was a super good and enjoyable match.

- Katsuyori Shibata vs Bobby Fish was great. ****
Great work from both men involved, it had fire and aggression and overall, it was simply quality stuff. Shibata is one crazy MF, busting himself wide open with that headbutt. :damn:
The Sleeper Hold and PK that followed were great, btw. Also, looking forward to O'Reilly vs Shibata for the NEVER title down the line.

- BUSHI vs KUSHIDA was a pretty good ME. ***½
So, there's a new mystery Ingobernables member? Haven't watched NJPW since this year's G1, so I must've missed out. He didn't unmask here or anything, but curious to see who that mystery member is. Now, as far as the match goes, it was a good one, but they've had better outings in the past. And while I'm not a fan of shenanigans, they didn't feel overdone. Didn't expect a title change, tbh, but I'm glad the title went to BUSHI. I'd expect BUSHI to drop the title at the Dome, but knowing Gedo, KUSHIDA probably regains the belt at KOPW. lol Hopefully I'm wrong, though.

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
BUSHI is dropping the title to KUSHIDA at either KOPW or Power Struggle so the time bomb can face KUSHIDA at WK11.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I wish Shibata would stop with the stiff headbutts. Looking cool does not justify all these concussion risks.

That being said. Destruction in Tokyo was probably the worst major New Japan show in the last couple of years. Pretty darn underewhelming.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm so glad I didn't watch the full show, especially live (what was the length of it anyway, like 3.5 hours?) and only checked the 3 matches I was interested in.

I'll do the same with the Hiroshima show and only watch the last 4 matches on the card.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I wish Shibata would stop with the stiff headbutts. Looking cool does not justify all these concussion risks.

That being said. Destruction in Tokyo was probably the worst major New Japan show in the last couple of years. Pretty darn underewhelming.
He should do the spinning backfist that killed Tanahashi and got me into Puroresu instead.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just like I did with the Tokyo show, I skipped most of the Hiroshima card and only watched matches I was interested in.

In this case, the last 4 matches on the card.

- Dem Boys vs The Young Bucks was good. ***¼
The crowd hurt the match a little bit, although they did come alive at the end, but yeah, this was a good match with the right outcome. GoD attacked Dem Boys post-match, so we'll be going back to that, I guess. Oh, joy!

- Adam Cole vs Will Ospreay was good. ***¼
It wasn't anything special and wasn't among either guy's best matches this year, but still good for what it was. Cole retained, obviously and it seems like the Japs still don't give a shit about the ROH title. lol Oh well.

- Okada vs Fale was pretty good. Their matches are usually a hit or miss, but I felt this one was good. ***½

- Omega vs YOSHI-HASHI was a pretty good ME, not on the level of their killer G1 match, but still, pretty good. ***½
Also, WTF has YOSHI done with his haircut/hair color? It's preposterous. lol

Oh, and I guess we'll be getting Omega vs Goto down the line.

Sooo, Elgin vs Naito for the IC title in Kobe? Looking forward to that.

Last edited: