New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Whoever wins the final is very possible to also drop the case before January I think this year

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
This G1 tournament sounds pretty lit (as the kids say). Any one know where I can find the matches and or shows for free? I need to get up to date on New Japan again. Haven't watched since like WK9...

Stopspot

Reaction score
This G1 tournament sounds pretty lit (as the kids say). Any one know where I can find the matches and or shows for free? I need to get up to date on New Japan again. Haven't watched since like WK9...
NJPWworld is $6/£8 a month. Most uploaders stopped upping NJPW after world launched since they want people to support the company

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
I really wish I had that gif of Gedo clapping right now. Whoever wins the G1 is dropping the case, Goto drops it to Tanahashi, perhaps? Omega to Shibata?

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
I really wish I had that gif of Gedo clapping right now. Whoever wins the G1 is dropping the case, Goto drops it to Tanahashi, perhaps? Omega to Shibata?
If Omega wins: Shibatta, Elgin and Yoshi-hashi have wins over him and can call for a match
Goto: Tanahashi, Okada (not that he would considering he's champ) and someone else I cannot remember has wins over him

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If Omega wins: Shibatta, Elgin and Yoshi-hashi have wins over him and can call for a match
Goto: Tanahashi, Okada (not that he would considering he's champ) and someone else I cannot remember has wins over him
Sanada has a win over Goto so he has a claim for challenging him. Also I wonder how Omega would have reacted if Shibata had beaten EVIL prior, keep in my mind that if Shibata did Kenny would have just handed him the victory of B Block. I think his promo would have been a challenge to him at Destruction for either his NEVER belt or his Tokyo Dome briefcase.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Spent the majority of the day catching up on G1 Climax. Watched the more, well-regarded shows, and read the results on the other shows.

I'm not exactly enthused with the finals. Goto v. Omega is such an average match, and both of these guys were treated as midcarders up until this point. Goto's forgotten Intercontinental title reign was the last notable thing, that I can care to recall about him, and Omega had a great match for the Intercontinental Championship with Elgin, but he is also not at that level, at this point.

As pointed out previously, I can easily see none of these guys making it to the Dome with the case. I do hope it's someone that hasn't won in recent years, but also someone that I can believe as a Dome show headliner.

And on a side note, I've really become a fan of Michael Elgin. He's been consistently entertaining and really showing his hard work.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The G1 Climax always completely burns me out on tag team wrestling. It's not my favorite type of match to begin with but GOD, all of these tag matches!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Spent the majority of the day catching up on G1 Climax. Watched the more, well-regarded shows, and read the results on the other shows.

I'm not exactly enthused with the finals. Goto v. Omega is such an average match, and both of these guys were treated as midcarders up until this point. Goto's forgotten Intercontinental title reign was the last notable thing, that I can care to recall about him, and Omega had a great match for the Intercontinental Championship with Elgin, but he is also not at that level, at this point.

As pointed out previously, I can easily see none of these guys making it to the Dome with the case. I do hope it's someone that hasn't won in recent years, but also someone that I can believe as a Dome show headliner.

And on a side note, I've really become a fan of Michael Elgin. He's been consistently entertaining and really showing his hard work.

I'm quite looking forward to the finals. Not sure how I want it to turn out or what, but I like seeing one guy in the finals who hasn't been there before and someone who hasn't in a while.

I still don't get into Elgin. I don't have anything against him but he really doesn't do anything for me. Not sure why.