New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Huh? How does that even work? Does he rate on buzz and gifs of the finishes? :dawg:
Meltzer has not watched a single G1 match this year most likely. He even admits to not watching them on his radio show. Yet he still gives them 4-5 stars (because he is biased)

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
He fucking did it, thank you Gedo! My fucking boy Goto actually won something which proves that being Goto isn't suffering this time around!

giphy.gif

Stopspot

Reaction score
He fucking did it, thank you Gedo! My fucking boy Goto actually won something which proves that being Goto isn't suffering this time around!

giphy.gif
Goto is stupidly rich so I honestly don't think he cares about his position on the card that much. His financial stability is not based on main event status or not.
Goto is a funny guy since his gimmick seems to be the guy who trips at the finish line. It's a well worked gimmick (dude lost to both Okada and Tanahashi this tournament but still advanced).

Now watch him win the case and lose it before WK. Or fall to Naito again in the final. Dude's going to look like a star tho since he is such a hard worker.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Okada and Tanahashi went 30 minutes, and yet somehow I wanted more of it holy shit that match was amazing LIKE ALWAYS but god that was orgasmic to watch. This was seriously me after the draw.
CprmuGBVYAAPpAu.jpg

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Goto is stupidly rich so I honestly don't think he cares about his position on the card that much. His financial stability is not based on main event status or not.
Goto is a funny guy since his gimmick seems to be the guy who trips at the finish line. It's a well worked gimmick (dude lost to both Okada and Tanahashi this tournament but still advanced).

Now watch him win the case and lose it before WK. Or fall to Naito again in the final. Dude's going to look like a star tho since he is such a hard worker.
I don't think he referred to Goto not suffering as a shoot, I'm sure he was talking about Goto the character.

Stopspot

Reaction score
200.gif

.......I knew that.....

But yeah. Goto's character right now is the guy who stumbles just at the end. It's very well crafted. If Naito wins block B then they are just redoing the New Japan Cup final. Which is weird

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Please have Naito, Omega, and Elgin somehow contract Zika before the show starts and have Shibata win his block. A G1 finals between him and Goto would be pure $$$

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
200.gif

.......I knew that.....

But yeah. Goto's character right now is the guy who stumbles just at the end. It's very well crafted. If Naito wins block B then they are just redoing the New Japan Cup final. Which is weird
It is definitely weird. I totally expect Naito to just beat him again, but where do they go from there with Goto?

Stopspot

Reaction score
It is definitely weird. I totally expect Naito to just beat him again, but where do they go from there with Goto?
Same as usual. Goto is never getting that big push. Sadly that is the reality of it all

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Same as usual. Goto is never getting that big push. Sadly that is the reality of it all
So have him be sad for a while until he goes underneath waterfalls and whatnot and gets a win or two until he's a geek again? I'm cool with it as long as he never fucks up my pick'ems again.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Just have to watch day 17 and I'll FINALLY be caught up for day 18 and the finals. It was a bit difficult keeping up this year. I even had to avoid this thread so I wouldn't get spoilers.

The G1 can a marathon for us nearly as much as it is for the wrestlers too.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Haha I'm happy with it. I think one of the biggest problems with the G1 lately has been the lack of something different.

And that match was great. ****

I love that he was criticizing the audience for only chanting his name when he won and they started chanting it.

Honestly I'm so much more looking to the finals tomorrow than I had been before.