• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Ibushi left? Weeeeak.

Finally getting around to Osaka, this is one of the strongest undercards I've seen from NJPW tbh. Los Inger... Inter... Ing-fuck it Naito and his crew are cool

Leo C

Backlund Mark
So... how often exactly do you guys think we'll be seeing Ibushi now? Will he work Invasion Attack? I'd be down for him vs Shibata there, or maybe they do the Omega match right away (we're surely getting it still, right?) Will he work the G1? Sounds like a good idea, considering everybody else who left.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Ibushi left? Weeeeak.

Finally getting around to Osaka, this is one of the strongest undercards I've seen from NJPW tbh. Los Inger... Inter... Ing-fuck it Naito and his crew are cool
He's still going to work for them. He just stopped being under contract to both New Japan and DDT, forming his own "company" that he fights out of now. So he'll still show up in New Japan, just not as frequent

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
The newest member of CHAOS:
tumblr_o3gogfSdpU1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Will Ospreay! Yay, can't wait for Ospreay vs KUSHIDA at Invasion Attack!

In other news: NJPW officially announced that Michael Elgin has signed a two year deal with the company and that Katsuyori Shibata has signed a NJPW deal. He had previously been working as a freelancer.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Night 1 was awesome. Besides Nagata losing (which isn't really a bad decision, just the mark in me was sad), I loved everything about this. The opener was perfect for what it was, even Elgin/Tenzan got good in the end there, Tonga/Makabe was fine I guess, Kojima and Honma had a great match, even the tag match was fun with the Shibata/Okada interactions and such. Nagata/Goto was good until the end when it got AWESOME, Nagata unleashing hate on Goto and such. Too bad he got rolled up and pinned. YOSHI-HASHI match was much better than expected, Ishii/EVIL as well, meh start, when they were trading bombs it was great. And the main event, well, what is there to say? Tanahashi continues to somehow get good matches out of Fale every time they wrestle, and my favorite match result is here again as Fale pins Tana clean. Great, great show. And all of this right after they announced Shibata signed, this show made me SO happy.

Night 2 was fine, there was some filler here which was the same as always, then I got legit angry and stopped watching when Kojima got eliminated, got back, Goto/Tonga was fun enough, Elgin/Fale was a fine big man match and Ishii/Naito was very good. Not close to Night 1, but fine. There was also a point on this show where I actually kinda believed Shibata was going to lose to Nakanishi of all people, but gladly the tables turned, he beat the big immobile man and then he and Nagata had an epic staredown... :hhhooh: Koji losing (to Yano of all people, not that it hurts him or anything, but Kojima/Naito would've just been better for me) had to make me more pissed than anything in wrestling has in a while but other than that these two shows were awesome and planted the seeds for some good stuff.

Stopspot

So we're not even talking about the Super J Cup being hosted by New Japan on August 21?

New Japan
NOAH
K--Dojo
Dragon Gate
ROH
CMLL
Ryuoku Dragon
Zero-1
Suzuki-Gun

All represented. Big Paul's global cruiser league just got shat on

Stopspot

Where can I watch dis?
If you are patient, parts of Honor Rising will make ROH TV in the coming weeks. Other than that or getting New Japan World I'd recommend pestering Watchwrestling to upload them

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Thanks. Really sucks trying to keep up with NJPW. Idk where to watch their shows and such. ;(