New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Omega/Tanahashi was a ****1/2 match until the Bucks run-in. And considering that Omega's eventual win in the climax was relatively clean anyway, it just made the Bucks interference sooo pointless and dumb. The Bucks and Elgin were interferences for the sake of interfering. They added NOTHING. I was loving the match until it happened, it reminded me of Suzuki/Tanahashi from KOPW '12 with its reliance on human chessgame elements and great selling, and also the welcomed lack of pin attempts. Omega was particularly fantastic.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Kushida vs Adam Cole is signed for ROH in Vegas on february 27. First time ever and it will surely be neato.

Also on the topic of Kush. His match with Bushi in Niigata was top banana. He also claims he's going to compete in the G1 this year but we'll see about that I guess

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Dem Boys & YTR regained the NEVER Six-Man belts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Riveting!

KUSHIDA vs Bushi was great, enjoyed the hell out of it.

G.B.H. vs Doc & Machine Gun was good. Goodbye, Doc and Machine Gun! See ya in the 'E in a bit. Now, that post-match promo by Tonga, though!
It's got me interested in who this new BC member could be... Hope it ain't someone lame. Please, let it be Haku!!! Please, let it be Haku!!!

The ME, Kenny Omega vs Hiroshi Tanahashi was great, despite its silly overbooking.

Stopspot

Reaction score
It's got me interested in who this new BC member could be... Hope it ain't someone lame. Please, let it be Haku!!! Please, let it be Haku!!!
According to New Japan it is not someone who has already been in New Japan/Is already in New Japan.

And it is obviously his brother, Camacho

Stopspot

Reaction score
so ROH vs NJPW will be good, yes?
Yup. Ishii vs Strong especially. That's your "knock each other silly" match. And most of the New Japan/ROH crossovers that have been done in the states have been good so they have history on their side. Question is how the Japanese crowds react to all these Americans

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yup. Ishii vs Strong especially. That's your "knock each other silly" match. And most of the New Japan/ROH crossovers that have been done in the states have been good so they have history on their side. Question is how the Japanese crowds react to all these Americans

I love Ishii. I'll watch

Stopspot

Reaction score
So how often does NJPW have shows?
Depends on the tour. An average tour is roughly between 8 and 10 shows. And not every show is taped. They have I think 2 TV shows per month and they run specials on their on demand service roughly once a month/once every two months

Reactions: Swift

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
Really looking forward to watching this Honor Rising show. Starts in less than an hour now. The first day looks better than the 2nd to me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Holy shit, Ishii's the new TV champ! That's a nice surprise!

Good show, by the way.

I hope this whole Honor Rising thing becomes a yearly event.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Day 2 of Honor Rising was good, too. Although I enjoyed Day 1 better.

LOL'd at yet another change of the NEVER 6-Man titles.

Stopspot

Reaction score

And Ibushi has left the NJPW banner to work freelance. He'll still work for them. but not as much