New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Assuming we still talk about pumpkin head. He takes his work much too seriously, very Davie Richards syndrome, much ego in need of humbling.

Elgin suffers from thinking he is strong style (whatever that is these days). Him getting pummeled and stretched by Shibata could honestly do a lot for making him realize reality.

Also. If I don't get Jay Briscoe vs Nagata in some form down the road I riot.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The New Year Dash was a good show and a strong follow-up to WK 10.

My favorite match of the night was Omega & AJ Styles vs Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI. Enjoyed the hell out of the rest, too... Especially Ricochet/Sydal vs Finlay & White and Goto/Shibata/reDRagon vs CHAOS.

Looking forward to Okada vs Goto and KO moving up to the heavyweight division and dethroning Nakamura.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Shinsuke Nakamura Stripped Of IWGP Intercontinental Championship

If you were expecting Shinsuke Nakamura to hang around and drop the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, you can give up on that idea. New Japan Pro Wrestling has stripped Nakamura of the championship, although he'll appear on a few shows to finish out his deal.

New Japan Pro Wrestling posted an article early Tuesday announcing the move. Many expected Nakamura to finish out the month in New Japan in order to lose the title, likely to new Bullet Club leader Kenny Omega.

Omega and Nakamura started a storyline at New Year Dash where Omega pinned the dominant IWGP Intercontinental Champion. After the match, Omega hit fellow Bullet Club member AJ Styles with his finish, kicking him out of the group. Omega then challenged Nakamura to a title match. The article stated that Kenny Omega would be taking on an undetermined opponent for the championship now that

Both Nakamura and Styles have been involved in rumors that they're heading to WWE. Styles finished up with the company at New Year Dash, with Nakamura stating that he'd be leaving after January. Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows are both rumored to be leaving for WWE as well.

Nakamura's final show will be January 30 at Korakuen Hall. Wrestling Inc will keep you updated on this situation as it develops.

Wow.

Now that this have surfaced, I hope AJ and Naka didn't burn any bridges for a potential return.

Stopspot

Reaction score
AJ has not. His contract just expired and he went out as a professional.

Nakamura on the other hand....

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Shinsuke will now forever be a "two-faced asshole" to me considering how he shat on Shibata and just left himself.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Kenny Omega, who was the rightful contender after pinning Nakamura at New Year Dash is facing a mystery opponent at New Beginning in Nigata.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
According to NJPW Daily, Nakamura will take part in a press conference on January 25th regarding his departure. His final NJPW show will be on January 30th in Korakuen Hall where he will team with his CHAOS buddies, Ishii and Okada, to take on Shibata, Goto and Tanahashi.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
AJ has not. His contract just expired and he went out as a professional.

Nakamura on the other hand....

That is something that you can always expect and respect from AJ..

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Give Shibata all of the belts

On the other hand, the pre-WM NXT show is gonna be dope.:ksmug:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Jim Ross Officially Returning To Pro Wrestling Commentary, Comments On New Job

FOX Sports has confirmed that WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has signed on to call New Japan Pro Wrestling matches for AXS TV. JR will work alongside Josh Barnett beginning March 4th at 9pm EST.

That episode will feature matches from Wrestling Dontaku 2015 event and it was noted that Ross is doing the voice-over work from Los Angeles.

"This opportunity to work with AXS TV is attractive on many fronts," Ross said of the new deal. "The travel won't be weekly but approximately 8-10 trips to Los Angeles in a year's time. While there, in a two-day, voice-over session, we will hammer out up to six shows. I'm happy OKC now has non-stop flights to LAX.

"I'm a big fan of the New Japan product as they have been one if the most highly regarded brands within the genre for decades. New Japan has a unique opportunity with AXS TV to grow their brand in North America. The more fans sample the athleticism, physicality, no-nonsense presentation of NJPW the more they're going to like it. For me, the New Japan Pro Wrestling business philosophy reminds me of my earlier years in wrestling. I've had numerous other offers, some serious and others just flirting to return to TV Wrestling broadcasting but none have had the appeal that AXS TV offered me. We think my style will fit the NJPW in-ring presentation well. We'll know that conclusively in early March. Plus, AXS TV and I discussed other potential projects outside NJPW."